• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Large Quantity Order for One Item

In summary, you would put 40 tool turnarounds in as a $500 show and give the rest as a host order at a 25% discount. You would get $120 commission for this.
Bren706
Gold Member
I have a potential order for 40 or so tool turnabouts (to be given to school classrooms). This would be under the 50 that is required for preapproval.

Have you had similar orders before? Have you input them as a show? or as an individual order? The customer is wondering about a discount (25%) and so I thought if I put it in as a show, I could get it to within her price range. I want to be able to help her out, of course! :sing::sing::sing::D

So 40 ordered ($740) at a 25% discount would be $555 (which you'd be PAYING HER money basically...since you wouldn't get that much in commission. 20% maybe, since you'd still make a teeny bit). And do this in DECEMBER for SAT.Ok...playing with the numbers: - you could do it as a $500 show, giving the rest as a host order. She'll get $75 worth for free, then the rest at the 25% discount, plus a couple as half-price. That's 27 ordered as a guest (add in a SB to make it $500 level). 4 would be FREE, 2 at half price ($18.50 total for two), leaving 7 more to order as a host at 25% - ~$98 before tax. So total that way off a $500 is $621.25 plus tax. You'd get commission for $598 approximately? (guest, plus the overage on the host order) - giving you about $120. Or anything from $200-$500 level show...play with the numbers to see what gives her the greatest deal, without having to dip into your commission.$200 show - put in 11 as a guest for $203.50 plus shipping tax.
Host gets $10 free, then a 20% discount. Order remaining 29 as the host, for a total of $526.50 (subtracted the $10 free), at a 20% discount = $421.20. Grand total on a $200 show - $629.45 plus tax.
You'd get commission for $624.70 - since most of it is just under the % discount. Assuming 20% commission, approx $125 for you.SOOOOO....maybe you can offer her 20% discount off the total? You'd only have to put in a little out of pocket (if you chose to). I'd enter it as a $500 show to count for Dec. SAT sales (or play with the numbers more). Either way- she's still saving over $120 without additional discount. You can make it an even $600 out of her pocket maybe, costing you just a few dollars.Enter it as a SAT December show, and that goes towards that total. (Just the guest sales though, so the $500 show would get you closer to the $1500 mark).Lots of options. :)

You could maybe put half of them in at full price and put the rest in on the host order. That would get her some for free and some at a discount.So I checked - 40 at full price would be $796.55 (with my local sales tax and shipping). If you split them up the total would be $695.97.You could play around with it more in P3 to see what the best deal would.

Sorry- mine was longer than Allison's answer! ;)

I can play with the numbers to input it as a show, etc, I just wasn't sure if the show would be flagged by HO. I was curious if someone had a similiar order in the past :)

50 is the magic number to be flagged by HO. They check to make sure its not for commercial use & then they can offer a discount for the larger quantity.You could ask her if she's interested in more for personal Christmas gifts and price quote with PC or just go the Catalog Show route.

Just found out that this order will be a tax exempt order as well. According to the Pollicy & Guidelines, we must attach their tax exempt certificate to the order and apply direct shipping charges. Would this imply that the order must be input as an individual order?

Bren706 said:
Just found out that this order will be a tax exempt order as well. According to the Pollicy & Guidelines, we must attach their tax exempt certificate to the order and apply direct shipping charges. Would this imply that the order must be input as an individual order?

I would check with home office.

The last time I did a tax exempt order was several years ago. At that time, I had to fax in the tax exempt certificate. It was for an order on a show. I'm not sure you can get tax exempt on a host order, cuz I really recommend the "make it a show and use host benefits" as has been suggested. Maybe make the guest order on the show tax exempt and then she gets all the discounts on the host order and has to suck it up and pay tax on the half-price and discounted ones. I freely admit I COULD BE WRONG. What are the odds of getting someone knowledge about tax exempt if you call HO? I think you need to call HO for clarification on tax exempt. Call right now or wait until Dec. 2 unless you have lots of time to kill on hold or waiting for a call back.

Nice order for Free for All.

Ok was looking for somthing else and came across this post. I am curious what your school is using the tool turn abouts for. I am just wondering if this is somthing others could aproach their school about? Is this somthing you went to them with or did they contact you?

Some people use them in their scrapbooking rooms to hold their misc tools, markers, scissors, etc. That's probably what the school will use them for too ~ craft tables.

What is the minimum quantity required for a large quantity order of one item?

The minimum quantity required for a large quantity order of one item is typically 50 units. However, this may vary depending on the specific item and availability.

Can I mix and match different colors or styles for a large quantity order of one item?

Yes, you can mix and match different colors or styles for a large quantity order of one item. Please contact our customer service team for assistance with placing a custom order.

Is there a discount for ordering a large quantity of one item?

Yes, we offer a bulk discount for large quantity orders of one item. The discount amount may vary depending on the item and the size of the order. Please contact our customer service team for more information.

How long does it take to process and ship a large quantity order of one item?

The processing and shipping time for a large quantity order of one item may vary depending on the size of the order and our current inventory levels. Our customer service team can provide you with a more accurate estimate based on your specific order.

What is the return policy for large quantity orders of one item?

Our return policy for large quantity orders of one item is the same as our standard return policy. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact our customer service team within 30 days for a refund or exchange. However, please note that custom orders may not be eligible for return or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
AFWife34
  • GourmetGirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies