• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Disappointed with Crooked Deep Covered Baker: My Open House Story

In summary, the host had to send the entire DCB back because there was a hairline crack in the lid and it was past the 30 day window.
shelly.nurse
I had a host recently that did not want the deep covered baker, she also did not want to take advantage of her 3rd half price item, so I used it to order the DCB for me (I had the white one before). Well, I have my open house tonight, so I took it out of the box last night. I am so bummed. The lid is crooked, it is bowed down in the middle along one side, so the to ends do not sit flush at all. There is a big gap that would allow steam to escape!! I did a product adjustment, but because the host took so long to deliver anything, it has been longer than 30 days. I have to send it back at my expense. That thing is heavy!!! It will cost a lot.:mad:

That, AND, I can't use it tonight for the autumn apple cherry crisp, I will have to use the white one.

Just send in the lid or a broken part of the lid

The instructions that I printed out said I had to send the whole thing, not just a piece of it.

shelly.nurse said:
The instructions that I printed out said I had to send the whole thing, not just a piece of it.

Yeah, they've been requiring the entire DCB for adjustments.

Sometimes they will bend the 30 days, especially if the show was turned in almost a couple of weeks after it was held.

why did you wait so long to take it out of the box?

She mentioned that the host took so long to pass out the orders that now it's past the 30 days. My question is why did you have the host get it to you? If I order things on a host's party, I make arrangements to get it as soon as possible. But maybe that wasn't a possibility?You really need to get it and inspect it before those 30 days, especially on those big and heavy products that are very costly to ship back.Sorry that things didn't work out well and now you have to pay to ship it back. :( I wouldn't worry about having to use the white one instead. The white one is fine and people can see the cranberry color in the catalog. It's good that you do have the white one to use, so you can at least still make the recipe you were wanting and can still show off the wonder of the DCB! :)Hope everything goes well for you tonight! :)

When I order something for myself on a hosts party, I have it delivered to me and then I sort their order and deliver it myself. I'd like to know why the host had to deliver it to you as well.

The lid of my dcb also broke (or had a hair line crack) and I was also told to send the whole thing back. But I called the HO and told them that only the lid need it to be replaced and that it was going to be expensive to ship the whole thing out, so they send me a paid label for me to ship the DCB. I had bought mine almost two years when it broke.

Call them and ask if they could send you a label.

Intrepid_Chef said:
Sometimes they will bend the 30 days, especially if the show was turned in almost a couple of weeks after it was held.

The 30 days goes by the "shipment" day not the show date so she is still out of the 30 days.

I had a host who ordered a DCB and her lid had a hairline crack too when she opened it. I called the HO, and yup had to send the entire things back, they had a label sent to her in less than a wk

little know secret on the 30 days. It's 30 business days. Good info for us as consultants, but I let my customers think it's 30 calendar days.

lt1jane said:
little know secret on the 30 days. It's 30 business days. Good info for us as consultants, but I let my customers think it's 30 calendar days.

I tell them from date of the show but it's date of delivery. I haven't ever heard that before. I believe it is calendar days.

Last edited:
lt1jane said:
little know secret on the 30 days. It's 30 business days.

???? is this written anywhere?

I just called to do an adjustment.
The item was ordered on 9/8
Rep told me it was over 30 days....
I was like NO It did not ship out 9/8 thats when it was placed
It shipped 9/10- so I was 1 day out and she told me she would do ME a favor and waive it.
If she didn;t I would have had a cow on the phone because HO is not open Sundays!

Then my director was told wrong by someone at HO when she called for an adjustment. Some HO people are more helpful than others. Some will make a big production out of helping you this "one time," while others just get the job done.

It's the same with my day job. Depending on who answers the phone depends on how helpful the person is and how knowlegable they are. It also makes a difference how painful they make the experience for you on the receiving end.

shelly.nurse said:
I have to send it back at my expense. That thing is heavy!!! It will cost a lot.:mad:

That's too bad and it is really too bad that it ruined your plans for the apple crisp. I have mailed back DCB's before and it costs less than $10. I just send it regular USPS. It might be priority but I say cheapest way possible. Ayhow, good luck!

I wonder if that is the issue HO is having with getting DCBs! I have returned about 4 since they came out because of warped lids. And yes, if you do it regular mail, not the two day thing or faster, it costs about $7 from Milwaukee. Not bad considering. And I am terrible I know but because people tend to sit on things, I tell all my guests that we have about two weeks from delivery to return any bad products for free. A small white lie to keep my sanity and them happy.

What is the most common issue people have with the Crooked Deep Covered Baker?

The most common issue people have with the Crooked Deep Covered Baker is that it arrives with a crooked or misaligned lid. This can make it difficult to use and may affect the cooking results.

What should I do if my Crooked Deep Covered Baker arrives with a crooked lid?

If your Crooked Deep Covered Baker arrives with a crooked lid, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will be happy to assist you with a replacement or refund.

Can I still use the Crooked Deep Covered Baker if the lid is crooked?

While it is possible to still use the Crooked Deep Covered Baker if the lid is crooked, we do not recommend it. The crooked lid may affect the cooking results and could potentially cause safety hazards.

Are there any tips for preventing a crooked lid on the Crooked Deep Covered Baker?

To help prevent a crooked lid on the Crooked Deep Covered Baker, make sure to handle it with care during shipping and storage. Avoid placing heavy objects on top of the lid, and store it in a safe, flat position.

Is the Crooked Deep Covered Baker covered by a warranty?

Yes, the Crooked Deep Covered Baker is covered by our standard warranty. If you experience any issues with your product, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Maragib
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCSarahjm
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rennea
  • smilesarepriceless