• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Use Your Deep Covered Baker For?

In summary, the DCB is a great slow cooker that can be used for many purposes, including taking dishes to church.
nikki70563
Gold Member
I have a show tonight and will be doing the white chicken chili in the baker and would like to try and sell some of the bakers so I need suggestions for what you use it for - sorry don't have time to look around on here to see if another post is there any help please.

Tell them you can make ribs in the microwave in under 30 minutes that rival restaurant ribs! It's a cross sell for the BBQ Rub too - just add some rub to ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar for one of the best bbq sauces ever!

15 minute Chicken Fajitas.

I don't love the 30 minute microwave chicken - but it makes the best roast chicken in the oven - yum yum!

30-min chicken - whole chicken, rub with spices, nuke for 30 mins, let rest 10 mins - tender, juicy, versatile

apple crisp

pork tenderloin - use one of our rubs, and nestle white and sweet potatoes around it

Carmel bread pudding :)

30 minute chicken -- yum!
20 minute bbq ribs (amazing. as good or better than those in any restaurant)
10 min. pork tenderloin
awesome for scalloped potatoes (they don't stick to the sides of the dish)
15 minute fajitas
chili
baked beans
any casserole
bread puddingstoo many uses to count

thanks for the suggestions

There's a recipe somewhere for the Banana Split Cake...you can make the cake in the DCB. :)

I make my homemade mac & cheese in it. MMMMMMMMMM
Also love the micro chicken if it's skinned.
BBQ ribs and Pork Tenderloin are good too.

Where is the 15 min fajita recipe? I have seen it talked about a lot here lately.

jrstephens said:
Where is the 15 min fajita recipe? I have seen it talked about a lot here lately.

I answered my own ? and found it in the files section. I should've looked before I asked:D

Mom's Apple Crisp works well in the DCB

Did anybody mention the Chicken Tortilla Casserole? (And it can also be made with chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs or even ground beef.)​

You just did!In addition to all these ... I also use it to take dishes to church. Pasta placed in this and toted in the insulated tote will stay warm for hours. (Sadly, we don't have the tote anymore ...)It's a "slow cooker on steroids ..."

I can honestly say I've never used my DCB......gonna have to try one of these recipes now.

Jamaican Pork Tenderloins, Bread Pudding, Pork Tenderloins in Stove Top dressing; are my winners!

We made meatloaf in it the other night and it was great! Never tasted such moist meatloaf and such a little grease in it! My DD was amazed! We're going to use it more...

I absolutely love the fact that I can pull the bagged, boneless skinless chicken breasts out of the freezer, into the DCB and top with cream of chicken soup or BBQ sauce and cook 30-40 minutes. They don't get tough & rubbery and you don't have to worry about the fact that they weren't thawed out.

The first thing I ever made in mine was baked beans. Haven't made them since!! Mostly use it for the 30-minute chicken or 30-minute pork tenderloin.

erinb said:
I absolutely love the fact that I can pull the bagged, boneless skinless chicken breasts out of the freezer, into the DCB and top with cream of chicken soup or BBQ sauce and cook 30-40 minutes. They don't get tough & rubbery and you don't have to worry about the fact that they weren't thawed out.

I thought we weren't supposed to put densely frozen foods on stoneware?? Sounds like you're not having any problems though!

PChefPEI said:
I thought we weren't supposed to put densely frozen foods on stoneware?? Sounds like you're not having any problems though!

I was told the same thing.. especially not chicken breasts. :confused:

What Do You Use Your Deep Covered Baker For?

The Deep Covered Baker is a versatile and convenient kitchen tool that can be used for a variety of cooking tasks. Here are the top 5 most frequently asked questions about its uses:

1. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker in the oven?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is safe to use in the oven up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. It is perfect for baking casseroles, roasting meats, and even making bread.

2. Is the Deep Covered Baker microwave-safe?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is microwave-safe and can be used to cook or reheat food quickly. It is especially useful for steaming vegetables or making one-pot meals in the microwave.

3. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker on the stovetop?

No, the Deep Covered Baker is not suitable for stovetop use. It is designed for use in the oven or microwave only.

4. What types of dishes can I make in the Deep Covered Baker?

The possibilities are endless! You can make casseroles, roasts, stews, soups, bread, desserts, and more in the Deep Covered Baker. It is also great for marinating meats or steaming vegetables.

5. Is the Deep Covered Baker dishwasher-safe?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is dishwasher-safe, making clean-up a breeze. However, it is recommended to hand wash it with warm, soapy water to prolong its lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDi
  • karenwisn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
morgieloo88
  • marystell1