• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deep Covered Baker: Is It Big Enough for 8?

In summary, the chicken in the oven turned out really well and the DCB is great for smaller items like chicken.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
So how much really fits in the deep covered baker..Is it big enough for 1 3-4 lbs chicken..Or 2?

I had a mom last night who has 6 kids ( so with her hubby) they are feeding 8, and she said if only one can fit in there it would just not be big enough to meet their needs..

I would say 1 in the DCB, but I do 2 all the time in the rectangular baker!

Lamar's right. You can also do 2 large chickens in the Roasting Pan. :)

She may be interested in this. I also have a lot of stuff saved for Once a Month cooking...let me know if you would like that too!

Attachments

• Roast Pan with Rack tons of uses flyer.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 439
Since you are in the South (as am I!), tell her she can get 1 good-sized possum in the DCB, 4 squirrels or 2 rabbits. A whole covey of quail can go in it. Sorry - just in a jokey mood!

:) I have been doing the pork tenderloin at every show. I have been getting bookings for October like you would not believe. I now have 12 bookings for October.:) I have also sold 4 others who paid full price for it. It is amazing how many people are so skeptical when I say I am going to cook the tenderloin in under 10 minutes. Then when they try it they are amazed.
You can do two pork tenderloins in about 13 minutes for feeding more.

ok, this sounds really awesome. The pork tenderloin idea..Maybe I should do that at my Sept 30th show! What a great lead that could be..( my dcb comes in the mail end of this week hopefully...!)

ChefAlicia said:
:) I have been doing the pork tenderloin at every show. I have been getting bookings for October like you would not believe. I now have 12 bookings for October.:) I have also sold 4 others who paid full price for it. It is amazing how many people are so skeptical when I say I am going to cook the tenderloin in under 10 minutes. Then when they try it they are amazed.
You can do two pork tenderloins in about 13 minutes for feeding more.
I guess it depends on the microwave power. I heard someone did their 2 lbs in 10 minutes!:eek: While I did my show yesterday and with 2 lbs it took me 25+min to cookmine!

That is why at my shows I stick to the skinny 1 pound pork tenderloin that way it does not take that long even in a lower watt oven.

Well the host was expecting more than 4 servings so I bought the extra lb. otherwise I would have done the 1lber!

I will have to see how fast it cooks in my micro at 1lb! ;)

When I use the 1 pound pork tenderloin no one gets a very big piece it really is just a tasting of h ow good the meat is. It should not be a dinner size portion that people get unless you are serving a meal at your show.

I slice the tenderloin very thin and let it set in the juices in the bottom of the baker before it is served. I usually will go around and serve each person with a piece of the tenderloin to make sure everyone gets to try it then with what is left over I will leave where my hostess is serving her food.

Hope this helps.

ljeffries said:
Since you are in the South (as am I!), tell her she can get 1 good-sized possum in the DCB, 4 squirrels or 2 rabbits. A whole covey of quail can go in it. Sorry - just in a jokey mood!
You are too funny!! :D :yuck: :D

I usually buy a 6-7 lb chicken and it fits perfectly in the DCB!

How long do you cook the 6 to 7 pound chicken in the microwave?

ChefAlicia said:
How long do you cook the 6 to 7 pound chicken in the microwave?

My 6 lb. took a little shy of 40 minutes.....

Same for me!And the drippings and juice left in the bottom is great for making gravy or soup!!Also, sometimes I throw it in the oven for 5 or 10 mins uncovered to brown/crisp the skin....and no one would ever know it was cooked in the micro!

Hey all, I am new on here and with PC. Quick question . . . I borrowed my neighbors DCB to bake a chicken in. I was going to use the microwave but my turntable wouldn't turn with it on it so ended up doing it in the oven. By the way it turned out really good. My turntable won't work now and DH says the chicken and the DCB were too heavy and burned up my turntable motor. Has anyone else had this problem? I would hate to recomment it for the micro and a customer have this problem.

Saw the date, didn't pay attention to the year. LOL Is anybody still reading this?

Last edited:
ljeffries said:

Okay...now you've gone and made these Northerners think we ain't got no couth down here! LOL!

cybourg said:
Hey all, I am new on here and with PC. Quick question . . . I borrowed my neighbors DCB to bake a chicken in. I was going to use the microwave but my turntable wouldn't turn with it on it so ended up doing it in the oven. By the way it turned out really good. My turntable won't work now and DH says the chicken and the DCB were too heavy and burned up my turntable motor. Has anyone else had this problem? I would hate to recomment it for the micro and a customer have this problem.

Saw the date, didn't pay attention to the year. LOL Is anybody still reading this?

Welcome to Chef Success and PC!

I've had microwaves be too small for the DCB, but I've never had a turntable not be able to handle the weight. Is your microwave 13"x13"x7"? Those are the measurements I use to see if people can use it in the micro.

cybourg said:
My turntable won't work now and DH says the chicken and the DCB were too heavy and burned up my turntable motor. Has anyone else had this problem? I would hate to recomment it for the micro and a customer have this problem.

Your turntable may have been knocked off the mechanism. Check the manual for your microwave for instructions on how to fix that.
You can use it in a microwave without a turntable, too. My micro is over 30 years old and doesn't have one. It works fine - just manually turn the DCB a couple of times during cooking.

Thanks for the replies. DH took it apart, the turntable motor is burned up. But now at least he is admitting that maybe it was just a fluke, and that we just noticed it with the DCB.
I just wanted to make sure that nobody else had experienced this problem because I wouldn't want this to happen at a show or to someone who purchased the product.

Thanks agai.

Cyndi

ljeffries said:

your making me hungry..... and I'm from the north.. we fix them there too! :)

I so badly want the DCB!! I've heard of cooking the 30 minute chicken but not the tenderloin in 10 minutes - wow. I'm going to be getting that DCB this next month and I'll have to test out these recipes!!

DandyG03 said:
I so badly want the DCB!! I've heard of cooking the 30 minute chicken but not the tenderloin in 10 minutes - wow. I'm going to be getting that DCB this next month and I'll have to test out these recipes!!

It will be the BEST thing you can ever do for your business! I got 2 bookings at my show last night after doing the 30 minute chicken. Both from people who say they NEVER cook!:thumbup: But now - they must have that DCB!:D

I did Fajitas in DCB last night, and sold 1 outright, and 4 November bookings, so they could get it 60% off.

ribs in the DCB are great too!

I LOVE the DCB!! I have made the 30 minute chicken and tonight I did the 10 min tenderloin. Well it took 15 min for 1lb piece but well worth it. I was talking with a friend about it and she couldn't believe it!! She wants the baker and was ready to order it but I told her to do a catelog show in November and she can get it 60% off and she said "no problem!!" Yea that one show for SATs!

i have a question about the pork tenderloin - how do you get it to be flavorful? i followed the same instructions as for a chicken - oil, rub, micro, let it sit. the chicken comes out moist and flavorful, the pork not as moist and really bland.

i'm not used to cooking pork other than bacon....so....

thanks!

I purchased one already seasoned BBQ mesquite it was about 15 mins vs the 10 but was very moist and tasty.

susanr613 said:
i have a question about the pork tenderloin - how do you get it to be flavorful? i followed the same instructions as for a chicken - oil, rub, micro, let it sit. the chicken comes out moist and flavorful, the pork not as moist and really bland.

i'm not used to cooking pork other than bacon....so....

thanks!

The recipe that's on CC is for BBQ pork tenderloin, and uses the smoky bbq rub. I think it adds a lot of flavor, and a bolder flavor that I think it takes to season pork. I haven't tried one of the pre-seasoned pork tenderloins, but that would probably work really well!

If you are going to demo the DCB just make sure the Host has a microwave large enough to accomodate it. I did a show at one host's home that the Rice Cooker would barely fit in. We had to take out the turntable. It would have been disaster had she prepared for the DCB recipe and the DCB wouldn't fit in the microwave. I always ask now what size the cavity of the oven is if their recipe is for the DCB.

I am going to be doing brunch show and would love to show the DCB, but not sure about chicken, pork or ribs, or fajitas for brunch... any thoughts?

Brunch is technically a combination of breakfast and lunch. You can therefore serve items that would be appropriate at either of those meals. So chicken (or pork, or ribs, etc.) would be perfectly acceptable.

I did a Bridal show and made Chicken salad with 2 chickens made in the DCB. They were 3lbs each and I just wedged them in wing to wing the opposite direction that you would normally put them in there. The cooking time went up by 5 minutes but it was great!

Hi, I'm new! Haven't even done my 1st show yet! But I just ordered the DCB and am wondering if anyone has the recipe for the fajitas? Or any tips? I'm going to make them at my 1st show next month.
Thanks so much!!
Jessy

Hi Jessy-
Go to the Files section (top of the page, towards the left), and type in Fajitas. You should find what you're looking for there.

I don't know what I would do without my DCB and I haven't tried all of the recipes yet! I even have a customer who bought one last year who said she wants to buy a new one soon so she doesn't have to bring hers to her camp for the summer and miss it on days she is home. She says the inside of hers is so seasoned like her other stones and loves it and uses it just about everyday!

I had a host that really wanted to do the Turkey Cranberry Ring. She wanted to cook a turkey breat in the DCB I said we could do that. Well on Saturday I showed up for the show and she had a turkey roast. I didn't know what to do so we decided we'd try the oven. Well her oven went out shortly after preheating so we had to do it in the microwave. It took us around an hour and 20 minutes but it was delish. Certainly the craziest thing I've done with the baker. Did I mention she didn't have a turn table so we roatated the baker every 10 minutes. We had to send the ring to a neighbors to bake. It was a crazy show but we had lots of fun experimenting!

ChefPaulaB said:
I am going to be doing brunch show and would love to show the DCB, but not sure about chicken, pork or ribs, or fajitas for brunch... any thoughts?

I would definitely do fajitas...I work (as a 3rd job) as a server in a local restaurant and chicken fajitas are a regular on their breakfast buffet!

1. Is the Deep Covered Baker big enough for 8 people?

The Deep Covered Baker has a capacity of 12 cups, making it suitable for meals that serve 6-8 people.

2. How much can the Deep Covered Baker hold?

The Deep Covered Baker can comfortably hold 3-4 pounds of chicken or a dish that serves 6-8 people.

3. Can 2 chickens fit in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is large enough to fit 2 chickens, as long as they do not exceed the weight limit of 3-4 pounds.

4. Is the Deep Covered Baker suitable for a family of 8?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker can accommodate a family of 8. It has a capacity of 12 cups, making it ideal for meals that serve 6-8 people.

5. Can the Deep Covered Baker meet the needs of a family with 6 kids and 2 adults?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is large enough to meet the needs of a family of 8. It can hold up to 12 cups, making it perfect for meals that serve 6-8 people.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDi
Replies