• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Travelling with the Deep Covered Baker

lindy0116

Novice Member
May 23, 2010
I’m a new consultant and right now only have the carrying bag that came with my kit for toting products. I’m going to be bringing my Deep Covered Baker to shows with me and wondering if anyone has any tips on how they safely transport it. This was something I already owned so I’ve long since tossed the box.

Thanks

colegrovet

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2008
I used one of the cookware protectors between the baker and the lid.

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
I put a towel on the baker, then the lid on the towel, inverted. I then carry it separately from anything else, unless I have room in my crate (I have one of the old plastic crates that no longer comes with the kit).

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
I use the cookware protector with the lid inverted and put it in the small padded envelope you can buy on a supply order.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
I use the cookware protector with the lid inverted and put it in the small padded envelope you can buy on a supply order.

This is what I do, too.

chefheidi2003

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2007
I definately recommend the padded envelopes. I haven't used the large one yet but I love the small one for my DCB. Great investment.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
I definately recommend the padded envelopes. I haven't used the large one yet but I love the small one for my DCB. Great investment.

I also have the larger one. It's perfect for protecting the 12 in skillet or the grill pan if I'm using them for shows. My last show, I put my bamboo platter and square bowls all together in there. I put a hot pad in between the platter and the bowls, though, just to be sure the platter didn't get scratched. But this makes sure that the other tools won't bang up or chip the edges of the bamboo pieces. :)

chefheidi2003

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2007
I also have the larger one. It's perfect for protecting the 12 in skillet or the grill pan if I'm using them for shows. My last show, I put my bamboo platter and square bowls all together in there. I put a hot pad in between the platter and the bowls, though, just to be sure the platter didn't get scratched. But this makes sure that the other tools won't bang up or chip the edges of the bamboo pieces. :)

That is a good idea..thanks..I have yet to use cookware at one of my shows..I have been doing this for 7 years. I should I just don't..I love all of the other products too much..LOL.

But I will keep your bamboo idea in mind. Thanks

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
If you have no other PC totes or bags just use towels to pad it and put it in any tote you have to transport it. I think it would make the consultant tote too heavy if you added it to the other things you'll take to the show but it could be in there if you can lift it.

mom4angela

Jul 30, 2009
Are the "padded envelopes" paper or are they made out of the tote bag material?

chefheidi2003

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2007
They are made out of the tote bag material.

mom4angela

Jul 30, 2009
Cool, I had NO idea.. Of course, I just placed a supply order, and it should be here any day... so that'll go on next months order. Thank you for sharing this little tidbit!:)

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
Cool, I had NO idea.. Of course, I just placed a supply order, and it should be here any day... so that'll go on next months order. Thank you for sharing this little tidbit!:)

Check with your director. She could add yours on if she's doing a supply order or put the word out to your local team to see if anyone is ordering.

Karen Weber

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
My director who lives in the Chicago area got these great thermal zippered bags at the Osco/Jewel grocery store. They are like a recylcable grocery bag only sturdier. The DCB and the Trifle bowl fits in them perfectly. They sell them for $1.00. If you don't find them in the freezer sections, go to the service desk and ask about them.

My director even sent one to Pampered Chef to see if they could have something similiar made up. They really are perfect plus they are insulated!

Karen

lindy0116

Novice Member
May 23, 2010
These are all great ideas, thanks everybody. I think I'll get one of those padded envelopes on my next order.

Jan 29, 2009
I use the protector's and I put in the tool around tote.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
Replies
Views
ChefDi
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
Replies
Views