• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director With No Bookings at the Show

Ok, so in summary, the Director is struggling to get bookings for his shows. He has huge lists of people he can cold call and get bookings from, but he can't get a show at a show to save his life. He suggests trying out different things for a show or two and seeing if that makes a difference. He also suggests using the bookings slide as a show closer. Finally, he suggests calling outside orders.
PamperedK
Silver Member
I am a Director and I can not get bookings at my shows! I can get bookings outside of my shows, no problem. I have huge lists of people who I can cold-call and get bookings from...but I cannot book a show at a show to save my life!!

Ok maybe it's not that bad, but it seems like feast or famine. I have most of my shows with 0 bookings, or I have the odd show where I get 4,5 or more!

Last night I did get a booking for September, but nothing else. And usually, people say "no, not ever!"

Last year I could get bookings no problem, but the past few months have been awful! I ask if they had fun and everyone says yes they had a great time, they loved the recipe, but no, they won't ever book a show.

I talk about the benefits (not too much, though - I talk at the beginning, a couple of times throughout the show and at the end), my hosts don't have a lot of food prepared so it looks really easy, I tell them how my current host will benefit from the booking, I ask every single person and if they say no, I ask if that's not now or not ever.

Any other suggestions? I'd love to have my upline come to a show, but I'm SCARED! haha

Hmmmm, sounds like maybe you should just jump out of your comfort zone and try something different for a show or two and see if that makes a difference. I mean, it sounds like you are doing all things right, but maybe you just need to try something different for the sake of change. I would personally suggest trying out the bookings slide. Use it as a show closer, it's done WONDERS for my business and my teams bookings. I'm averaging 4 or more bookings a show with it. That and I make sure to keep my shows fun and upbeat, hands on. I'm really impressed with the energy boost it's given my demos. Have you checked it out?

OhmyDLM said:
Hmmmm, sounds like maybe you should just jump out of your comfort zone and try something different for a show or two and see if that makes a difference. I mean, it sounds like you are doing all things right, but maybe you just need to try something different for the sake of change. I would personally suggest trying out the bookings slide. Use it as a show closer, it's done WONDERS for my business and my teams bookings. I'm averaging 4 or more bookings a show with it. That and I make sure to keep my shows fun and upbeat, hands on. I'm really impressed with the energy boost it's given my demos. Have you checked it out?

No, it wasn't introduced here in Canada. I've seen some examples, but I'm not really sure what to do with it! It sounds interesting. Can you share more info about it?

I'm totally willing to try something new. I try to keep my shows upbeat and fun. I'm not an overtly 'wild' and funny person but I'm trying! I'm trying to take the energy I get from team training, etc...and pump it into my shows. I laugh and make jokes and people SEEM to be having fun, but I'm really not sure. I feel bad because I need to be able to honestly tell my team that they can do this!

If you're not getting shows at shows, it's because you're not creating a desire to have one. You're obviously doing it outside of shows, so what are you saying there that you're not saying at the show?Are you showing enough higher-priced items? If you're showing everything people can justify buying, they won't need to host to get something that is more expensive because there is no desire to need (want) it.An idea I heard this weekend was during host coaching, to present the booking benefit to her then (not waiting until the show) as part of her overall host benefits. Tell her your goal is to get 2 bookings from her show so that she'll be maximizing her host benefits and ask her to get one booking from someone who can't make it and you'll get the other at the show.Also, are you calling outside orders? They couldn't make it to the show to hear the host benefits, so call them and tell them.Hope this helps a little! :)

finley1991 said:
If you're not getting shows at shows, it's because you're not creating a desire to have one. You're obviously doing it outside of shows, so what are you saying there that you're not saying at the show?

Are you showing enough higher-priced items? If you're showing everything people can justify buying, they won't need to host to get something that is more expensive because there is no desire to need (want) it.

An idea I heard this weekend was during host coaching, to present the booking benefit to her then (not waiting until the show) as part of her overall host benefits. Tell her your goal is to get 2 bookings from her show so that she'll be maximizing her host benefits and ask her to get one booking from someone who can't make it and you'll get the other at the show.

Also, are you calling outside orders? They couldn't make it to the show to hear the host benefits, so call them and tell them.

Hope this helps a little! :)

I love both of these ideas. I usually get at least 2 bookings per show but at the two shows I had this weekend I got a total of one. She's a strong recruit lead if she can come up with the kit cost so that's great (and others at the party said they'd help her) but I have found it getting harder and harder to get those new bookings AT the show too.

Personally I have found no difference since I started using the slide. I get WOW's but not more bookings. I'll keep trying though! :sun:

finley1991 said:
If you're not getting shows at shows, it's because you're not creating a desire to have one. You're obviously doing it outside of shows, so what are you saying there that you're not saying at the show?

Are you showing enough higher-priced items? If you're showing everything people can justify buying, they won't need to host to get something that is more expensive because there is no desire to need (want) it.

An idea I heard this weekend was during host coaching, to present the booking benefit to her then (not waiting until the show) as part of her overall host benefits. Tell her your goal is to get 2 bookings from her show so that she'll be maximizing her host benefits and ask her to get one booking from someone who can't make it and you'll get the other at the show.

Also, are you calling outside orders? They couldn't make it to the show to hear the host benefits, so call them and tell them.

Hope this helps a little! :)

I do show higher priced items. I think the reason I can get bookings outside of the show is they're usually people who've never heard of PC or who haven't hosted so when I talk about the shopping spree and how easy it is, they say "wow that sounds great!" and it's easy for me to move onto booking the date. At the show, I talk about the same things, but not the same results....

I will definitely work on coaching my hosts to get bookings. And no, I don't call outside orders, but my goal this year is to do better customer care, including MAC calls and out of the box calls...so hopefully that will help as well.

Those are GREAT ideas Colleen!

Something I've found about the bookings slide is that it really works when you make a big specticle out of it. I have a consultant who even stands in a chair before dropping it, to REALLY emphasize the long list of host benefits. We have lots of fun with it and it's our "finisher" for the demo which leaves people on a fun and energized note. It's really working for us.

After reading the original post, I was going to suggest the booking slide too. And maybe I missed it, but do you ask everyone when you check out and do a full service check out? These may be things to try.

I have my first show on Saturday since 2/21 :bugeye: and I am going to get the bookins slide all done up by then to try it for the first time. I can't wait! I REALLY need bookings. For those of you who do it, how many other times during the show do you throw out booking seeds? I just don't want it to be overkill and turn people off. I usually sprinkle quite a bit throughout my show and ask everybody at check out (and typically get about 2 bookings per show that way) but I want to try this slide at the end. I may cut back on how many seeds I sprinkle throughout though because I really want this to hit them in a big way. Just wanted to see what others sprinkle during the show.

I can't wait to try it!

pamperedbecky said:
After reading the original post, I was going to suggest the booking slide too. And maybe I missed it, but do you ask everyone when you check out and do a full service check out? These may be things to try.

I have my first show on Saturday since 2/21 :bugeye: and I am going to get the bookins slide all done up by then to try it for the first time. I can't wait! I REALLY need bookings. For those of you who do it, how many other times during the show do you throw out booking seeds? I just don't want it to be overkill and turn people off. I usually sprinkle quite a bit throughout my show and ask everybody at check out (and typically get about 2 bookings per show that way) but I want to try this slide at the end. I may cut back on how many seeds I sprinkle throughout though because I really want this to hit them in a big way. Just wanted to see what others sprinkle during the show.

I can't wait to try it!

I do ask everyone - regardless of their draw slip answer.

Ok I want to try this bookings slide idea. Could someone lay out what they say? I'll download the slides from CS but how do you introduce it? What do you say while you go through it and how do you end it? Is it the very last thing you talk about?

My closing is:
- hand out their packet (catalog, order form and opp. brochure). I talk about taking the catalog home, call me if you need anything, outlet. Talk about roundup, payment options and then point out the opp. brochure.
- Binder - has specials in it + recruiting info + more details about knives and cookware

Then I mention that I'm going to do a bit of cleanup but I'll come back in a few to do a draw. If they have any questions, I'll be here to answer them.

Then during the draw, I just walk through the questions quickly and the last question I talk about is hosting and I say I'd love to come back, I'm booking for X month, and I'm doing X type of recipes (30 minute meals, desserts, etc...) and mention again how Host gets the benefit for the next 6 months.

I don't want to talk too much at the end because I sometimes feel like I can lose them really easily...

any suggestions?

bethcooks4u said:
I love both of these ideas. I usually get at least 2 bookings per show but at the two shows I had this weekend I got a total of one. She's a strong recruit lead if she can come up with the kit cost so that's great (and others at the party said they'd help her) but I have found it getting harder and harder to get those new bookings AT the show too.

Personally I have found no difference since I started using the slide. I get WOW's but not more bookings. I'll keep trying though! :sun:

I have had this exact same problem! And this weekend I was worried and upset that it was me. I feel so much better that I am not the only one and will keep at it.
I haven't had a difference with the booking slide either. But I will keep trying.

Winnipegk said:
I am a Director and I can not get bookings at my shows! I can get bookings outside of my shows, no problem. I have huge lists of people who I can cold-call and get bookings from...but I cannot book a show at a show to save my life!!

Please some tips on cold call bookings!!! I have been working like crazy on these to make up for less bookings at shows with no results!! Like on 30-40 calls no bookings at all. One problem is I am not getting anyone to answer and I know they won't call me back, but I have called, emailed, and called at different time with no response.
Any tips??

cincychef said:
Winnipegk said:

Please some tips on cold call bookings!!! I have been working like crazy on these to make up for less bookings at shows with no results!! Like on 30-40 calls no bookings at all. One problem is I am not getting anyone to answer and I know they won't call me back, but I have called, emailed, and called at different time with no response.
Any tips??

I get lots of no answers. These are people that are from trade shows mostly, so they haven't heard of PC. All I do is offer a free show, tell them why that's different from a normal show and then I say, "So all I need you to do is invite all your friends over and then pick out what you want for free at the end of the night. How does that sound?" and most people say "GREAT!" then I just give them 2 dates to choose from.

I haven't been good at customer care so I don't have tips for getting bookings from existing customers....

Bumping to see if someone can outline a show closing that's working for them.Plus I'm feeling a LOT better!! I now have 17 shows booked for April! WAHOO!! I am going to book one more show because this crowd I'm booking from (trade show) tends to have a lot of cancellations so I'm hoping to submit 12 of the 18 I'll book.

Winnipegk said:
Bumping to see if someone can outline a show closing that's working for them.

Plus I'm feeling a LOT better!! I now have 17 shows booked for April! WAHOO!! I am going to book one more show because this crowd I'm booking from (trade show) tends to have a lot of cancellations so I'm hoping to submit 12 of the 18 I'll book.

Holy Crow! That is AWWESOME :)

I do this myself and teach it to my team. Close with the 3 b's
Buy
Book
Business

Touch on all three and remind them what you have told them during the show. Then when you do your full service check out it is fresh in their minds.

I'm starting to feel better now! I've had 2 bookings at my last few shows - not all for the next month but still - it's a booking!

My April and May are jam-packed so that's fabulous.

I'm still going to try the bookings slide...I just have to actually DO it and I need to come up with the words to use.

Question - do you all walk through each benefit individually or do you show them and then give a general outline??

Winnipegk said:
I'm starting to feel better now! I've had 2 bookings at my last few shows - not all for the next month but still - it's a booking!

My April and May are jam-packed so that's fabulous.

I'm still going to try the bookings slide...I just have to actually DO it and I need to come up with the words to use.

Question - do you all walk through each benefit individually or do you show them and then give a general outline??

I walk through each benefit. It really makes you explain all of the wonderful benefits of hosting a show and helps create a desire for your guests to book. You really need to use it! I absolutely love it and so does my team!

I walk through each benefit too. I hadn't been having much luck with the slide so this last time I changed my words. Instead of saying what the host gets I said that this is what you (the guest) can get if you host a show. That made it more personal to the guests and more comfortable for the host (vs the message: "this is what she gets if you buy"). I got 3 bookings at that show and my highest sales ever.

The slide hasn't helped me with bookings but it has helped me with recruiting! Go figure! My leads have all said that when I did the slide, they thought, "I could do that..."

What does it mean to be a Director with no bookings at the show?

Being a Director with no bookings at the show means that you are responsible for managing a team of consultants, but you did not receive any bookings or sales from the Pampered Chef show that you attended.

Is it common for Directors to have no bookings at a show?

No, it is not common for Directors to have no bookings at a show. As a Director, you are expected to have a strong network and client base, and should be able to secure at least a few bookings from each show you attend.

What should I do if I am a Director with no bookings at the show?

If you find yourself in this situation, it's important to reflect on your performance at the show and identify areas for improvement. Reach out to your team and ask for their feedback, and also consider reaching out to the host of the show to see if they have any suggestions for how you can improve your bookings in the future.

Will having no bookings at a show affect my role as a Director?

As a Director, it is your responsibility to lead by example and generate bookings and sales. If you consistently have no bookings at shows, it may impact your credibility and effectiveness as a leader. It's important to address the issue and work towards improving your performance.

What can I do to prevent having no bookings at future shows?

To prevent having no bookings at future shows, make sure to follow up with guests after the show and offer them incentives or discounts for booking a future show. You can also work on building and maintaining strong relationships with your clients, and continually improve your product knowledge and presentation skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PamperedK
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
PampMomof3