• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I address my new consultant's aggressive marketing strategy?

In summary, this un-coachable gal comes to observe my show and is met with hostility by the team. She is later found to have bookings with two guests that she coerces into keeping the booking a secret. She is not welcome at any of the other consultants' shows.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I think I have mentioned this gal before. She is the un-coachable one. Anything I tell her, she laughs off and says"Honey, I've done marketing and sales for years - you don't need to waste my time with any of this..." (note: she's NEVER done Direct Sales...she sold Life Insurance at one point and has marketed her local mom's club)

She has one show scheduled (a booking from her show...her best friend) for late July and has been "Busy working on my marketing strategy" Anyway - she asked to come observe my show Friday night (host and many guests are members of the mom's club that she runs)

I arrive and host metions that this gal called her and said she was coming...host proceeds to tell me how she and all the mom's club members can't stand her.

She arrives late...makes a grand entrance. Sits thru the rest of my demo politely - then as people are tasting the food and writing up their orders...she is "mingling" (or so I think)

I start ringing up the orders. Two guest come up together to book shows. They ask me to keep the booking hush hush because "That lady over there, I guess she is your competition, she was trying to get us to book shows with her but we didn't really like her. But we don't want her to know we booked shows with you." NICE!

Day after show I get an email from host:

Hey Carolyn,
I was just talking to xxxxxx xxxxxxx and she wants you to give her a call about booking a show. She had to leave my show before she was able to talk to you about it. Her phone number is xxx-xxxx.

So I call that guest and she says basically the same thing. She wanted to book with me but the other gal was pressuring her to book with HER. So, she left and got in contact with me ASAP tp book with me.

Anyway - how do I address this type of "marketing strategy" with my new consultant? How do I explain to her that in PC while we do not have territories, we are not cutthroat. We respect one another and don't undermine other consultants' businesses?

WOW! And I mean WOW!I'm not sure how to address it... but I think you need to... especially before she attends anyone else's show and pulls the same thing.I would give her a chance to fess up to you that she did it but I doubt she would. Maybe call her and ask for her feedback from the show?... If you can stomach her criticism. Maybe something like, "You were mingling with the guests while I was taking orders... did they give you any feedback about the show?" and see if anything comes up.I definitely would let her know that you know what she attempted and that that is NOT the way we do things in PC. This is definitely a tough one! Please keep us posted!

Oh Geeze Carolyn. What a PIA! Are you sure your favorite AD didn't plant her in your team? Do you have a copy of Doris's book that you can loan her. Tell her to read it so that she will gain more insite into this wonderful company. Maybe havea conversation with her about 'other' DS companies and how you've 'heard' their consultants are so cut-throat and how you've 'heard' that they are territorial and undermining and let her know that you are so happy this DOESN'T happen in PC and how we have the best team players as consultants!

I don't know what else to tell ya girlfriend. Good luck!

There is a part of me who wants to just sit back and let her do what she's going to do.

She has attended ONE cluster meeting so far and the entire team hates her guts.

Nobody will be inviting her to observe their shows...you can be certain of that - LOL

I don't see her lasting very long. She is offensive and brash and condescending. Her own Mom's Club members refuse to have shows with her...

Maybe you just gotta bless and release and hope it's quick and painless!

dannyzmom said:
There is a part of me who wants to just sit back and let her do what she's going to do.

She has attended ONE cluster meeting so far and the entire team hates her guts.

Nobody will be inviting her to observe their shows...you can be certain of that - LOL

I don't see her lasting very long. She is offensive and brash and condescending. Her own Mom's Club members refuse to have shows with her...

I would just let her be. She'll either learn that her methods don't work or she'll change her feathers (right). I have a consultant who got her shows by "they owe me" and was quite offensive at the meetings. (I would see a lot of rolled eyes and lost 2 hospitality consultants because of her - they came back when they heard she was no longer attending.) She eventually faded off the team - meetings are much smoother now.

And if she doesn't succeed, it surely will be someone else's fault!

Colleen---Love the new hair

finley1991 said:
And if she doesn't succeed, it surely will be someone else's fault!

Oh gosh, I have a couple of those! LoL Don't you just love that!

Wow, that takes the cake! Can't even imagine!

I don't think I could keep my mouth shut. I'd tell her this isn't a game; it's how a lot of men and women are helping to support themselves and their families. I'd also tell her she is free to run her business anyway she wants, but ask is she thinks attending someone else's show and attempting to steal income away from her (or him) is ethically acceptable. If she says ethics don't matter, I would probably disengage. She'd still be entitled to coaching and recognition, but I would exercise the "Independent" part of my job title and not include her in cluster meetings.

I love the suggestion of recommending she read Doris's book. I wouldn't loan it to her, 'cause you'd probably never get it back.

:eek:I cannot believe that 2 days in a row, I have been rendered speechless!

let her hang herself, I say!

You could say to her something like: "Several of the guests said that while you were mingling you were asking them to book shows with you instead of me. That made them uncomfortable and it is not how we run our business. How would you feel if you had a show and another consultant was trying to get the bookings at that show?..."

She needs to know that you know what she was up to.

wow, nice. I guess you could send her an email saying how glad you were that she made the effort to attend your show, and hope that she got some valuable tips from it. And then leave it be. It sounds like she didn't get any bookings from her tactics, just pretty low down of her to even try, unless it was something you guys had worked out ahead of time.....

bethcooks4u said:
You could say to her something like: "Several of the guests said that while you were mingling you were asking them to book shows with you instead of me. That made them uncomfortable and it is not how we run our business. How would you feel if you had a show and another consultant was trying to get the bookings at that show?..."

what Beth said!!

It needs to be confronted---Speaking from experience--the sooner the better--

I was going to show to a party-a consultant on my team asked the hostess to let her do the party-it would benefit both of us--

so trust me on this----confront it now--

As always, Beth has such great wording!

Beth's words are perfect! Definitely DO NOT ignore this! And bite the bullet and deal with it ASAP!And then come back here and tell us how it went! ;)

I think the next time there is a post like Carolyns, I'm going to save myself some time and just post "Whatever it is that Beth is going to say!" :)

Alright already! You guys are too funny! If I was so smart I'd be way further in my business.

Sure am feeling the love though - feels good!:love0010:

bethcooks4u said:

I couldn't agree more. I would definitely say something. I would want her to know that I knew. That is just RUDE!!!

Great wording Beth!

1. How can I become a successful Pampered Chef consultant?

Becoming a successful Pampered Chef consultant starts with having a positive attitude and a willingness to learn. Attend training sessions, follow the recommended steps for building your business, and don't be afraid to ask for help from your upline or fellow consultants.

2. What is the "Challenging New Recruit" program?

The "Challenging New Recruit" program is a 90-day challenge designed to help new Pampered Chef consultants jumpstart their business. It includes training, support, and incentives to help you reach your goals and become a successful consultant.

3. How do I track my progress in the "Challenging New Recruit" program?

You can track your progress in the "Challenging New Recruit" program through your consultant dashboard on the Pampered Chef website. There, you can view your sales, bookings, and recruitment numbers to see how close you are to reaching your goals.

4. What kind of incentives are offered in the "Challenging New Recruit" program?

The "Challenging New Recruit" program offers a variety of incentives, such as free products, discounts, and bonuses, to help motivate and reward new consultants for reaching their goals. These incentives may vary depending on your region and the current promotions being offered.

5. Can I participate in the "Challenging New Recruit" program more than once?

Yes, you can participate in the "Challenging New Recruit" program more than once. If you have previously completed the program, you can still join again as long as you are a new consultant or have not participated in the program in the past 12 months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Mel5497
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
lisagoins
Replies