• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discovered I Have a Poor Consultant!

a lot of new people on your team, you should consider a regular show format and an interactive show format.
bethsbiz
Gold Member
Thru a complicated mixture of schedule conflicts on the same evening for my regular job and my PC biz, I ended up having to give a party to one of my consultants since it was mandatory for my regular job and my PC hostess did not want to reschedule.

It was a show my daughter attended and 1/2 way thru the show she texted me that consultant was "horrible". The show was at a repeat host of mine's house, and so I had already cleared the way with the host and the substitute consultant for me to show up AFTER the show was over and assist with order taking. (The consultant is getting all sales and any new bookings).

I waited for my daughter to text me that the show was over, waited another 10 minutes, and then went to the house.

It was very clear why this consultant has seen her biz dry up and dwindle to the point of basically nothing. Her display was flat and uninteresting (she had made the recipe interactive style in the kitchen), she was not interacting whatsoever with the guests or host and everyone was milling around. I asked a few people what they were excited to order tonight and they said, they weren't sure, "are we suppose to order now??"

My daughter, the host and several of my repeat customers pulled me aside and said that the consultant hadn't introduced herself, hadn't had the guests share or introduct themselves, hadn't showed them the catalog or order form (had actually asked if there was anyone new to PC and said she'd cover the catalog and order form after the show with that gal). No mention of reason to book a show or what the current host was earning (although I had been VERY clear that this consultant was to work to get bookings from the show to help jump start her biz). She didn't mention the doorprize slip until 4 people had left and then she did the drawing. There were 11 people there and the show total was $137 with no bookings. The host had to ask her where she was in sales....the consultant was packing out and had put all of that away.

For the record, I asked if she needed help with orders and when she said no, she thought she had them all, I went into the kitchen and visited with the host's hubby. I was kind of freaked out actually!

I feel really bad for my host who gamely accepted a substitute consultant but whom now may lose host benefit value because of it.

And, I feel really bad for my consultant. For the record, she has been on my team for 15 months. She is not brand new. She attends ever meeting, has been to 3 special trainings I've done, assists with special events like Home and Garden shows, and has observed at 2 of my shows.

She really WANTS to be successful and has always said "I don't know what's wrong, I've tried everything".

So...I could really use some advise on how to work with her - -diplomatically -- to try to re-train her for her own sucess. She doesn't want to quit or I'd just bless and release her.

I am extremely hesitant to confront her one on one because then she would know that people ran up to me and commented on her less than stellar skills. I think that would devestate her and I personally do not want to do that to her. She really is a nice person, just a very weak consultant.

I have a LOT of new people on my team so I am considering doing a "regular show format" and an "interactive show format" suggestion sheets and send to my entire team. This way I'm training but also can tailor the documents to address key areas that this consultant seems to be lacking. Suggestions for being sure to introduce yourself, thank host, show the catalog, discuss the order form a bit, talk about bookings, interact with the guests with sharing, etc.

So, suggestions? :eek:

happypcgal said:
I have a LOT of new people on my team so I am considering doing a "regular show format" and an "interactive show format" suggestion sheets and send to my entire team. This way I'm training but also can tailor the documents to address key areas that this consultant seems to be lacking. Suggestions for being sure to introduce yourself, thank host, show the catalog, discuss the order form a bit, talk about bookings, interact with the guests with sharing, etc.

So, suggestions? :eek:

You answered your own question here. Since you have new people you have the perfect excuse to train on the basics. I would approach it with something like we all need to refresh and renew. Ask everyone to read (at least part of) the business guide before the meeting and come with one new thing they learned or had forgotten. I know I learn something every time I read it.

Then choose HER to do a part that she did poorly at the show and ask the others to critique it and ask her if you can give her a few suggestions that you "have found" work.

When I first started and I had bad outcomes my Director would ask me what I thought my weaknesses were and how I could fix them. When I said I didn't know it left it open for her to make suggestions. Had this been me my Director would have told me nicely what she saw that needed improvement. Sometimes there is no time to beat around the bush especially when you have so many other consultants. If she has been in it as long as you say and has been to trainings etc. then I would take a more direct approach. Don't devastate her with your comments but let her know. Start with what you saw she did well (dig deep) and then tell her that you understand that in the moment you may forget certain things but they they are critical to a good show.

What does it mean to have a "poor consultant"?

Having a "poor consultant" means that the consultant who sold you Pampered Chef products did not meet your expectations in terms of customer service, product knowledge, or overall satisfaction with your purchase.

What should I do if I discovered I have a poor consultant?

If you have discovered that your consultant did not meet your expectations, we recommend reaching out to our customer service team at 1-800-745-3341. They will be happy to assist you in finding a new consultant or resolving any issues you may have.

Can I request a different consultant?

Yes, you can request a different consultant at any time. Our customer service team will be happy to assist you in finding a new consultant that meets your needs and preferences.

What should I do if my consultant is not responding to my messages or calls?

If your consultant is not responding to your messages or calls, we recommend reaching out to our customer service team. They will be able to assist you in finding a new consultant or addressing any concerns you may have.

What can I expect from a good Pampered Chef consultant?

A good Pampered Chef consultant should be knowledgeable about our products, provide excellent customer service, and be responsive to your needs and concerns. They should also be able to offer cooking tips and recipe suggestions using our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • Inomiamenda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
annew
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies