• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Respond to Concerns About the Economy

In summary, people are still booking shows, but they are looking for budget friendly options. Host coaching is becoming more important, and people are looking for more variety in show recipes. The 10 minute pork tenderloin is a popular option, and people are also looking for lower priced items in the catalog.
chefkathy
Just want to get an idea sharing thread going here....I had quite a surprising response from a possible host last night. She was all "doom and gloom" because of the fall of the stock market and absolutely REFUSED to host a show after having checked YES on a drawing slip. I told her all about $2 per serving and all that jazz, but she was not open.I have a show Sunday for a gal who initially had concerns, but I shared the $2 per serving stuff with her and she booked and is totally excited.So....what do you say? How are your hosts and guests responding given these tough economic times? Has it hit your area hard? I know MI and FL are particularly "depressed" right now in terms of real estate, but it seems Carolyn is trucking right along! LOL!

DebbieJ said:
Just want to get an idea sharing thread going here....

I had quite a surprising response from a possible host last night. She was all "doom and gloom" because of the fall of the stock market and absolutely REFUSED to host a show after having checked YES on a drawing slip. I told her all about $2 per serving and all that jazz, but she was not open.

I have a show Sunday for a gal who initially had concerns, but I shared the $2 per serving stuff with her and she booked and is totally excited.

So....what do you say? How are your hosts and guests responding given these tough economic times? Has it hit your area hard? I know MI and FL are particularly "depressed" right now in terms of real estate, but it seems Carolyn is trucking right along! LOL!

"Now mroe than ever people are needing to eat at home rather that at resaurants - this means people need proper cookware and utenzils to prepare good home cooked meals - our business is THRIVING during this downturned economy...husbands are THRILLE dthat their wives are hosting shows to earn free cookning tools so she'll cook for him and save him $...guests are thrille dto come learn budget friiendly recipes!

kinda hijack......what recipes are you both making??? I'm trying to push this concept & want some different options

I agree people need to eat @ home & have different options. I know fall sports in our area is BIG so I'm trying to focus on fast meal time options.....but packed w/fun!!

Chicken Fajitas and Microwave White Chicken Chili--both in the DCB and both cooked in the microwave. Creamy One Pot pasta is another contender.

I just have such a problem cooking in the microwave...........I guess I should get over it huh!!!!! :cry:

Try it at home first--they're both REALLY good! Have you done the 10 min pork tenderloin? That sold me!

What I'm seeing is lower sales totals at shows, but more people wanting to book and earn the products free/discounted. I had a show in August with 18 guests, but only $166 in sales--but 5 bookings!
I also think host coaching is really going to become more important (not my strong suit--but I'm working on it!!) I always tell the story of my January host who only had 5 buying guests at her show, but had a $1000 show (and earned $315 in free products!) because of her outside orders--and none of those were over $40--she just had lots of them, because she passed a catalog to everyone she knew! I'm also including the Show Must Go On flyer I found on Chef Success, so that hosts REALLY understand the booking benefit, so they work for the bookings, too. I'm also offering extra incentives for every $100 in outside sales the host has before I walk in the door, and an incentive for every booking they get me before I walk in the door, as well.
I also try to let everyone know that approximately 70% of the items in the catalog are under $30 (that's right, isn't it--close if not exact), and that the more guests in attendance the less pressure on everyone to spend a lot.
I have 10 shows scheduled for September, three catalog shows, and I had a Power Cooking Clinic that went pretty well, so we'll see!

1. How will the current state of the economy affect my business with Pampered Chef?

The economy can certainly have an impact on any business, including Pampered Chef. However, we are constantly monitoring and adjusting our business strategies to adapt to economic changes. We also offer a variety of products at different price points to cater to different budget needs.

2. Is it still a good time to invest in a Pampered Chef business opportunity?

Absolutely! In fact, during tough economic times, people tend to cook more at home and look for ways to save money. This creates a great opportunity for our consultants to offer high-quality, affordable products to their customers. Plus, our flexible business model allows you to work at your own pace and set your own goals.

3. Will there be any changes to the Pampered Chef product line due to the economy?

The quality and variety of our products will always remain a top priority for us. While we may make some adjustments to our product line to better suit the current economic climate, we will continue to offer high-quality, innovative, and affordable products to our customers.

4. How can I save money on Pampered Chef products during this time?

We understand the importance of budgeting during tough economic times. That's why we offer monthly promotions and discounts on select products. We also have a rewards program for our loyal customers, where you can earn free products and discounts on future purchases.

5. What is Pampered Chef doing to support its consultants and customers during the current economic downturn?

We are committed to supporting our consultants and customers during these challenging times. This includes providing resources and training to help our consultants run successful businesses, offering payment plans for customers who may need it, and regularly communicating any updates or changes to our business model. We are all in this together and will continue to support each other as a Pampered Chef community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • dannyzmom
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies