• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do you handle doing shows when you're sick?

In summary, the person speaking is feeling sick with a sore throat and body aches, but has two shows this weekend and none of their team members are available to do the shows. They cannot afford to give away shows as they are trying to hit a certain level. They did a show the day before and recruited a host, but are waiting for the paperwork to be submitted. They are wondering what others do when they are sick and still have shows to do. Some suggestions are to wear a mask and gloves, have a guest or host assist with the cooking and math, and use a laptop to keep orders straight. Another person shares their experience of getting strep before a show and having their recruiter put together a crate of tools for them
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I have a raging sore throat and am achy all over. I have two shows this weekend and none of my downline (the ones that I would trust to do my show) are available and quite frankly I am so down-to-the-wire with hitting level 4 I can't afford to give away shows right now. I did my show yesterday - recruited the host (using her kit credit so I am holding my breath til she actually is able to submit the paperwork as we're not closing the show til Wednesday)

What do ya'll do when you're feeling like crap and have shows? I did a so-so demo yesterday but thankfully my enthusiastic host/consultant-to-be was chiming in a lot telling about tools I was forgetting to mention. But when I got home and looked over the receipts I see how many calculations I screwed up on cuz my head was throbbing...thankfully they're easy fixes, but a PITA none-the-less.

Once I get through with today's show I have nothing for 2 weeks (ouch) but a catalog show that is going on...

What do ya'll do when you're feeling like death warmed over?

If you must do the shows get a mask and put some gloves on. Tell the host and guests that you aren't 100% but that you didn't want them to miss out. Either assign the host or an enthusiatic guest (had a great one of those at my last show - yes she is considering the business and is billingual too!) to be your assistant. Have her do all the cooking. When it's time for checkout have them double check your math (bring extra calculators) and tell them that if you discover errors when you enter it on the program you'll give them a call (or just eat it...).

Hope you feel better soon! {{{{hugs}}}}

Carolyn,

I haven't had to do a show while sick; but as a hostess, I once had a consultant who probably should have stayed home. I don't mean that to be harsh, but it was just kinda unappetizing. I wish she had called and said something like "I really don't want to let you down by canceling on short notice; how about we tag-team together to do the presentation. I'll guide you and we can turn a bad into something fun." (In her defense though, she didn't have a lot of experience.)

Do you have a laptop you can take to your shows? I depend on it to keep my orders straight. (I make enough errors when I'm feeling fine; can't imagine what would happen if I was brain-fuzzy!)

Hope today went well!!!!

leggy

I got strep right before one of my first 10 shows. I called the host and she said not to come over because I was still contagious and she had kids. I called my recruiter who put together a crate of tools and took it over to the host's house. She had a $400 show without me. I was available on the phone to answer questions, too.

Thankfully it turns out it's allergies. I've been fussing @ dh about our AC bill (we live in FL) so at night he's been turning off the AC and opening the bedroom windows...so my allergies have been INSANE and I thought it was a cold/flu. LOL

dannyzmom said:
I have a raging sore throat and am achy all over. I have two shows this weekend and none of my downline (the ones that I would trust to do my show) are available and quite frankly I am so down-to-the-wire with hitting level 4 I can't afford to give away shows right now. I did my show yesterday - recruited the host (using her kit credit so I am holding my breath til she actually is able to submit the paperwork as we're not closing the show til Wednesday)

What do ya'll do when you're feeling like crap and have shows? I did a so-so demo yesterday but thankfully my enthusiastic host/consultant-to-be was chiming in a lot telling about tools I was forgetting to mention. But when I got home and looked over the receipts I see how many calculations I screwed up on cuz my head was throbbing...thankfully they're easy fixes, but a PITA none-the-less.

Once I get through with today's show I have nothing for 2 weeks (ouch) but a catalog show that is going on...

What do ya'll do when you're feeling like death warmed over?

I cancel. I try to reschedule first with honesty (heck, no one wants me to touch their food or contaminate their homes when i'm sick anyways; most are understanding). If they really want their show on that day I find someone on my team - it becomes their show (what do you mean by trusting them to do the show? Do you still keep it when someone else takes it and does it for you?).

I once had a host that went ahead with her show without me (and I couldn't find anyone else to do it), I gave EVERYONE 10% off before tax/shipping and she had a glorified catalog show. I think it was the start of the pan-o-rama sale. The show reached $500. If I hadn't felt so terribly, and if the lady hadn't been so upset (it took alot of planning to get 2 daughters and herself off on the same day), I would have thought of something less expensive like a "white sale - 10% off white items, or just given a free SB with each order.

It did rebuild the relationship I had with this host, which was important. :)

Good luck. I hope you feel better!

Related to How do you handle doing shows when you're sick?

1. Can I still do a Pampered Chef show if I am feeling under the weather?

It is generally recommended to not do a show if you are sick, as it can be difficult to give your guests the best experience while also taking care of yourself. However, if you are feeling well enough to participate, you can still do a show but it is important to take extra precautions to prevent spreading any illness.

2. What if I have a contagious illness?

If you have a contagious illness, it is best to reschedule your show for a later date to avoid potentially infecting your guests. Your health and the health of your guests should always be a top priority.

3. Can I have someone else do the show for me if I am sick?

If you are unable to do the show yourself, you can have someone else step in for you. This could be a fellow consultant or someone you trust to represent Pampered Chef well. However, make sure to communicate with your host and guests beforehand to let them know of the change.

4. Should I cancel my show if I am sick?

If you are not feeling well enough to do the show or if you have a contagious illness, it is best to cancel and reschedule for a later date. Your host and guests will appreciate your consideration and it shows that you prioritize their health and well-being.

5. How can I prevent getting sick during a show?

The best way to prevent getting sick during a show is to take care of your health beforehand. Make sure to get enough rest, stay hydrated, and practice good hygiene. During the show, make sure to wash your hands frequently, use hand sanitizer, and avoid sharing food or utensils with guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Christ Follower
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • jwpamp
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • dannyzmom