• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Different Label to Put on Front of Catalogs

and give them out at the fair?If it were me I would post it but just first name, status and maybee the state they live in. Teriffic Idea
babywings76
Gold Member
My director forwarded this to us, thought I'd share:Labels to put on catalogs handed out at fairs

Here's an idea that will not only get SALES after the fact, it will generate
TRAFFIC to your website!Place a label on the front of your catalogs, or mini catalogs (whatever
you're giving out) that read:"Thanks for stopping by! Visit my website within the next 48 hours and
receive a GIFT!
Just click CONTACT ME, send me your info and I'll send you a gift! Place an
order and receive a FREE _______" (I mail a Season's best for making
contact and give a free RUB for placing an order)This is SOOOOOOO successful. I had several consultants try this at a fair
and the number of actual leads they received was remarkable. The greatest
thing about this is that unlike door prize slips, the lead visits your site and
provides their info, which in turn, is also giving you permission to contact
them! It cuts down on the "dud" calls that occur after these events. I hate
it when someone completes a slip and pretty much tells me what they think I
want to hear just to win a prize....which is evident when I call them later
to make contact and they tell me, "Oh, I didn't mean to mark that box..." ;-)While you may not get a tons and tons of leads, the ones you DO get will be
genuinely interested.
Be our Guest...Be a Host...Join our Family....
"PC is the PERFECT fit for everyone..."Laura Bush
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.®

Last edited:
This is great! I'm going to make some labels today! Thank you.

Thank you very much- Just what I needed. I will pass on to my team as well.

Cool idea.

Oh, fine, now that I already put labels on all my mini's. Hmm, maybe I can use the small labels, and stick them on the front.

Amanda.... I would remove Lauras cons # from your post.

Love this BTW!!! Thanks!

Thanks,
I am working a Christmas Fair in November, I'll try this!

etteluap70PC said:
Amanda.... I would remove Lauras cons # from your post.

Love this BTW!!! Thanks!

Thanks for pointing that out, I went ahead and took it off. Also, should I get permission first before posting things like that (forwards from directors or other consultants)? I wasn't sure what to do, leave her name on or not. I want to give credit where it's due, but now I worry that maybe I shouldn't share unless I get consent?

Great Idea!!! Thanks So Much For Sharing!!!

babywings76 said:
Thanks for pointing that out, I went ahead and took it off. Also, should I get permission first before posting things like that (forwards from directors or other consultants)? I wasn't sure what to do, leave her name on or not. I want to give credit where it's due, but now I worry that maybe I shouldn't share unless I get consent?

If it were me I would post it but just first name, status and maybee the state they live in.

Teriffic Idea

Thanks
Debbi In Clairton,pa

I would not worry about posting someone elses idea we are all in this business together wether we know each other or not..We should want to help each other be successful..Just don't put names or numbers..Great IDEA!!!

babywings76 said:
My director forwarded this to us, thought I'd share:

Labels to put on catalogs handed out at fairs

Here's an idea that will not only get SALES after the fact, it will generate
TRAFFIC to your website!

Place a label on the front of your catalogs, or mini catalogs (whatever
you're giving out) that read:

"Thanks for stopping by! Visit my website within the next 48 hours and
receive a GIFT!
Just click CONTACT ME, send me your info and I'll send you a gift! Place an
order and receive a FREE _______" (I mail a Season's best for making
contact and give a free RUB for placing an order)

This is SOOOOOOO successful. I had several consultants try this at a fair
and the number of actual leads they received was remarkable. The greatest
thing about this is that unlike door prize slips, the lead visits your site and
provides their info, which in turn, is also giving you permission to contact
them! It cuts down on the "dud" calls that occur after these events. I hate
it when someone completes a slip and pretty much tells me what they think I
want to hear just to win a prize....which is evident when I call them later
to make contact and they tell me, "Oh, I didn't mean to mark that box..." ;-)

While you may not get a tons and tons of leads, the ones you DO get will be
genuinely interested.
Be our Guest...Be a Host...Join our Family....
"PC is the PERFECT fit for everyone..."

Laura Bush
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.®

Quick question,
How do you get the Free rub to them? Can you add it to the order if they place it on your web site?
OR...Do you bring a bunch to the fair and give it to them then?:confused:

Thanks for sharing--great idea! How does she go about getting the rub to the person who orders from her website?

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I didn't see that more people had responded to this thread. That was just an idea that was given to me from my director. I honestly don't know any more info as to how she handled getting the rub to people. My guess is that she ordered the rub along with their order, but paid for it herself. Then delivered it all together either as direct shipping or met up with them in person if they wanted the $4.25 shipping option. The SB can get mailed in just an envelope, you can even order those as a supply order.

I love this idea!! I am going to have to do this. I have 2 booths the first part of November. I better order more mini catalogs.

Has anyone had any luck with this?? I'm excited to use these labels at the 4 booths I have coming up in the next week and half!:)

Great idea from Laura, but I have to tell you don't get too excited about it. I have done it at 3 craft fairs in a row and received just 7 emails total from about 200+ mini's I gave out. So Keep getting PDS's --and follow up, it works better for me.

At Conference, they taught to also put your personal information on the front of the catalogue. Some never see the back.

Chef Bobby said:
At Conference, they taught to also put your personal information on the front of the catalogue. Some never see the back.

I never thought of that! Thanks, Bobby for passing on that tip!

I also put my personal contact label on the new catalogs in the lower left hand corner because it says Take It Home and they were doing just that at parties. I was going through a ton of catalogs.

Great idea...thanks so much!!

I like the idea, just curious on how much sending a rub thru the mail would be? if that's how it's done.

That's a great idea

I love this idea!!! But any suggestions on what to do if someone doesn't respond within the 48 hours... but a week later, or perhaps a month or longer?

Just read that this thread was from 2008, but recently commented on. I had not seen the suggestion of lables n the front of catalogs, either. I like the idea of getting people to your website and contacting you from there. It is also so easy for them to just place an order. I have one or 2 people that do that every few months. I always send them a thank you either e-mail or snail mail and often send them a little thank you goodie.

Add this to a Recipe Card....much less expensive, and EVERYONE wants that! I wish I had this idea for my 3 summer events that I just did this past month.

In a workshop I took at NC they recommended putting your info inside of the catalog as well so that should the covers get torn off (many have children that love to shred magazines) your information can still be found. I've seen many times at Dr's offices the covers missing due to tearing....good idea I thought.

As a mom of ,Thank God a child who out grew ripping fronts off catalogs and books, we never saw them if Margo got her hands on them. So if info was only on covers, I would never have seen it and who it was from.

But then again, she was about 2 at time and someone other than her parents let her "rippy tear" their recycling and tear their contact info off mail and then she thought she was supposed to do it to everything, grrrr!!

Lisa

Great tip...wish I knew this before the 3 summer events I just did!!! I hand out recipes cards...everyone wants those....less expensive!!!

Cindy

Can anyone tell me what your results have been from this? Also, where inside are you putting a label?

I put a label inside with my website on the page where it talks about Wedding Registries. That little box has the corporate website, and I want people going to mine.

I use the "money" label design from Avery on my recipe cards, telling people that I reward referrals and will give them $10 in free product for every person they refer to me when they hold their show.

Should I use for my booth at a hair salon this sat!

Thank you soooo much for this. I have 3 large festivals coming up and usually hand out mini catalogs but the response is very, very small.

I didn't do this because I already had labels that simply said, "We have great deals in our outlet! website/dianesmith"

However, I DID ask for contact info for every catalog I handed out. Most complied, and a few people (most notably GUYS) were really excited about the products.

Great Information everyone, I will be changing the labels on my catalogs and mini catalogs!

omg thanx this is so helpful.

I have a hand-out for vendor events that has a recipe and 'coupons' for ordering, booking a show, becoming a consultant. I have gotten a few shows off of it. It is a half-page sheet, so inexpensive to print.

This is a great idea! I'm hoping to line some booths up soon. I have one in August for my church. I can't wait to try it out there!!!

Has anyone made up the label yet. I' computer challanged

Here is the file for the half-page recipe/coupon i give out at vendor events.

Attachments

• Booth coupon for craft shows etc.doc
    267.5 KB · Views: 811
  • Booth coupon for craft shows etc - version 2.doc
    77 KB · Views: 624
Patty Davis said:
Here is the file for the half-page recipe/coupon i give out at vendor events.

Hi Patty! I love your ideas here. I was wondering what kind of response you've received from using them? I'm debating on what I want to do for my booth tomorrow.

Also, here's a funny question/thought I had...
On this new label:

Thanks for stopping by! Visit my website within the next 48 hours and receive a GIFT!
Just click “CONTACT ME”, send me your info and I’ll send you a gift! Place an order and receive a FREE RUB

Do you think everyone knows what a rub is? Should I write it: Rub/Seasoning? I just hope people don't scratch their head and think I'm nuts. :D

I decided to have it say: receive a Seasoning RUB, FREE!

Good idea! I think you might get a few dirty old men with the "Free Rub"! :)

JennLizFran said:
Good idea! I think you might get a few dirty old men with the "Free Rub"! :)

My thoughts exactly! Plus, it's probably illegal :D

good idea, wish i had used it at my last booth! next time! can't hurt!

A terrific idea but how would we get the rub to them? An online order would go directly to PC for submission so I guess we'd have to copy down the address, etc and send something directly to the person who ordered, right....maybe along with a sales receipt?

chefmarey said:
A terrific idea but how would we get the rub to them? An online order would go directly to PC for submission so I guess we'd have to copy down the address, etc and send something directly to the person who ordered, right....maybe along with a sales receipt?

I actually added a line at the end that says: (enter order under host name "Amanda Xxxxxx")

I'm going to create my own catty show on my website. That way if someone does this, they can place the order, and then I can put it on either a show I currently have open or on my own if I've rounded up enough orders. I'll add the rub and enter it in as a consultant gift in the payment section.

1. How do I get more sales after handing out catalogs at fairs?

To generate more sales and traffic to your website, try placing a label on the front of your catalogs that offers a gift for visiting your website within 48 hours. You can also offer a free product for placing an order.

2. How successful is this method?

This method has been proven to be very successful by several Pampered Chef consultants who have tried it at fairs. It has resulted in a remarkable number of leads and genuine interest from potential customers.

3. What makes this method different from using door prize slips?

Unlike door prize slips, this method requires the lead to visit your website and provide their contact information, giving you permission to contact them. This reduces the occurrence of "dud" calls that often happen after events.

4. How can I make sure that the leads I receive are genuinely interested?

By offering a gift for visiting your website and a free product for placing an order, you are more likely to attract genuine interest from potential customers. This will also help filter out those who are only interested in winning a prize.

5. Can I customize the label with my own information?

Yes, you can customize the label with your own information, including your website and the free gift or product you are offering. This will help personalize the label and make it more effective in attracting potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lexif424
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
AshleyAllison
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies