• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Just Receive an Empty Box from The Pampered Chef?!

In summary, my friend ordered a Trifle Bowl from a friend of hers who lives out of state, but when she got it, there was nothing in the box. She thought it was so funny, but I was embarrassed and apologized and chuckled a little bit, too. Now she's wondering if she should call it in or do an online adjustment.
babywings76
Gold Member
So I got a phone call from a friend of mine who lives out of state that ordered a Trifle Bowl. She was sent an empty box! :eek: :grumpy: She thought it was so funny, but I was extremely embarrassed and apologized and chuckled a little bit, too. :eek: I mean, how did the person who put all the brown paper stuffing miss the fact that there wasn't a single item in the box?!! They just paid to ship packing material. :rolleyes:

Now I'm wondering if I should call it in or do an online adjustment.

See, I thought one of the steps of the packing process was that the box goes through a scale that calculates how much the items in the box should weigh. If there's only supposed to be one item there, and there it's empty, how does that get missed?

And yes, call.

Any chance it got tampered with during transit?? You might want also report it to FedEx (or however it came)

As for putting in the packing material - if I remember correctly (and it's been several years since my home office tour) - a machine does it all. But I did think it was supposed to be weighed - I mean what did they think they were shipping? But I have gotten a spatula and a citrus peeler in a box with packing material before, so who knows what goes on sometimes.

NooraK said:
See, I thought one of the steps of the packing process was that the box goes through a scale that calculates how much the items in the box should weigh. If there's only supposed to be one item there, and there it's empty, how does that get missed?And yes, call.
Yep! That's what I thought, too! It's so bizarre!
mrshamel3808 said:
Any chance it got tampered with during transit?? You might want also report it to FedEx (or however it came)
Not that she is aware of. She said she watched her girl deliver it. She said it looked kind of odd the way she was carrying it. My friend thought the girl made it look so effortless carrying the box. She figured it would be a little light but not that light since it was heavy glass. So when she picked up the box and realized how light it was, she was really shocked. This is a really good friend of mine that used to live near me and goes to my church. They moved to a different state a few years ago due to a job change. I trust her. So unless someone else during shipment stole it and did a good tape job, I don't think it was.
pcsharon1 said:
As for putting in the packing material - if I remember correctly (and it's been several years since my home office tour) - a machine does it all. But I did think it was supposed to be weighed - I mean what did they think they were shipping? But I have gotten a spatula and a citrus peeler in a box with packing material before, so who knows what goes on sometimes.
I remember during the video they showed during the HO Tour last Conference, it showed the whole process. A person stands there w/ the open box and gathers the items needed. Then it goes under a machine that dispenses the brown paper (kind of like the automatic paper towel dispensers.) But a person stands there and tears it off when it's enough. So they should've seen the box being empty before pushing the button or whatever it is that starts the paper machine. Right? :confused:

babywings76 said:
But a person stands there and tears it off when it's enough. So they should've seen the box being empty before pushing the button or whatever it is that starts the paper machine. Right? :confused:
Call me a cynic, but this appears to be the type of job that just begs for a person to daydream and wander off mentally. Maybe they had cupcakes in the breakroom that day. Yeah, that's it. Cupcakes. That would have pulled my attention away from operating the brown paper - paper-towel-dispenserish machine.!

Last edited:
See how long it's been since I've been on a home office tour - actually when I went we were still using the foam stuff, which was probably not environmentally sound but really cool when you watched how it worked. The packed box came down the belt and stopped under the machine and it dropped in one of these little packets that had some sort of hot liquid in it. Then the box was immediately sealed and taped and the hot liqued expanded to fill all the "empty" space. It really was much more stable than the brown paper. And I am sure that none of this is technical but that is how it worked. Like I said - it's been years.

I didn't mean SHE'S the one that took it. I meant that sometime during shipment (so after PC would have weighed it) that maybe someone opened it and took out the product. I mean, it might be worth letting the shipping company know just in case.

Amanda,
Look under fed ex it will tell you how much the box weighs. And that is just crazy than an empty box would go out

I called HO and I also looked at the tracking info. You're right, Jennie, they do post the weight there. HO said that they weigh it after it's been sealed up, so it must have been taken at some point. They want me to ask my friend if it was a PC box and if it looked like it had been tampered with, what the condition of the box/tape was. I couldn't reach her again today, so I left a message. Hopefully she'll get back to me tomorrow. They said they'll issue a new one once they get that info.

I have gotten some bizzare boxes before. One had 12 cranberry scrapers (which was nowhere on the order) but was missing a bar pan. HUGE difference in weight. When I learned that the boxes are weighed to prevent these types of mistakes, I had to sit down as I was laughing so hard. All I could think of was the big weight difference of 12 scrapers versus a bar pan.

Well, here's the latest. I called and got some info from my friend. She doesn't think the box looked like it had been tampered with. There was a slit in the packing tape on the bottom, but not through the whole bottom. She doesn't think there would've been a way to squeeze a trifle box out through. I told HO about it and they are sending her a new one right away.Then just now I got this e-mail from her:Thank you! If they haven't already put the order through do you mind calling them and adding signature required upon delivery?? I had a package that said was delivered the following day disappear while I was gone. I don't know if I have a wacky delivery guy or a bad neighborhood or what. I have never had a problem with any other delivery company. So annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll have to tell her it's too late for that. She should call the police about the theft of this other package and notify the shipping company to file a complaint in case it's a worker doing this. Right? Is that what I should do?

Yes, that's what I'd do Amanda. I'd also call HO and let them know. They have a specific dept that deals w fed ex and they might want this in their files as well.

1. Why did I receive an empty box instead of my Pampered Chef order?

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We strive to provide our customers with the best possible service and quality, and we understand how frustrating it can be to receive an empty box. Please reach out to our customer service team and we will be happy to rectify the situation for you.

2. How can I prevent receiving an empty box in the future?

We take all necessary measures to ensure that our customers receive their orders in the correct and complete condition. However, in the rare case that an empty box is received, please let us know immediately so we can address any issues with our shipping and handling processes.

3. Will I be charged for the empty box that I received?

No, you will not be charged for an empty box. We apologize for any inconvenience and will do our best to rectify the situation for you as soon as possible.

4. What should I do with the empty box I received?

Please hold onto the empty box until the issue is resolved. Our customer service team may ask for pictures or other information regarding the empty box to help us improve our shipping and handling processes.

5. How long will it take for me to receive my correct order?

We strive to resolve any issues as quickly as possible. Depending on the availability of the correct item and your location, it may take 2-5 business days for you to receive your correct order. Our customer service team will provide you with an estimated delivery date once the issue is resolved.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
ljeffries
  • christinaspc
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies