• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dessert in a Microwave: Can it be Done? (Time Sensitive!)

In summary, the recipe calls for 5 large Granny Smith apples, 1/4 cup melted butter, 1/2 cup chopped nuts, and 1 package (9 ounce) of yellow cake mix. The recipe calls for the host's microwave to be big enough to hold the deep dish baker.
pcheftina
Can this be done in a microwave? If so, how long is it in there for? I have a hostess who's changed her mind 3 times already about the dessert recipe and this is what she wants. I have never made it and only recently got my A/C/P/S and am not too familiar with it. The show is tomorrow, so, unfortunately, due to my full time job getting in the way of my business, I don't have time to practice!!

Mom's apple Crisp is meant for microwave.......MOM’S APPLE CRISP The Pampered Chef®

4-6 LARGE Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
8 graham cracker squares (2 ½ inches each), chopped
¾ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
½ cup butter or margarine, melted

Peel, core, and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Prepare enough apples to fill Deep Dish Baker ¾ full.
Finely chop graham crackers with Food Chopper, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, oats, flour, and spices in Classic Batter Bowl or Small Stainless Steel Bowl. Melt Butter in Small Micro-Cooker. Add butter; mix well. Spoon mixture over apple slices. Microwave on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until apples are tender; turning dish after 6 minutes. Cool slightly. Serve with whipped cream stars using the Easy Accent Decorator with the Large Star Tip or ice cream.

Is this the one with the cake mix over apples and melted butter? If so, my director tried it in the microwave at our cluster meeting on Monday and the cake mix just stayed really floury on the top so we ended up putting in the oven to make and it was wonderful!

Sorry, hit return to quickHope this helps and everyone loves this, and you can make it SF by using splenda and SF brown sugar.

HTH,

Lisa

tx much I appreciate it.

Lisa/ChefBear said:
MOM’S APPLE CRISP The Pampered Chef®

¾ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg

Peel, core, and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Prepare enough apples to fill Deep Dish Baker ¾ full.
Finely chop graham crackers with Food Chopper, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, oats, flour, and spices in Classic Batter Bowl or Small Stainless Steel Bowl. Melt Butter in Small Micro-Cooker. Add butter; mix well. Spoon mixture over apple slices. Microwave on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until apples are tender; turning dish after 6 minutes. Cool slightly. Serve with whipped cream stars using the Easy Accent Decorator with the Large Star Tip or ice cream.

That is a different recipe than the Quick Apple Crisp:

Quick Apple Crisp

5 Granny Smith apples (about 6 cups)
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup nuts, chopped
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, core and slice apples. Cut apples in half crosswise. Place apples in a deep dish baker.

2. Microwave butter on HIGH 60 seconds or until melted. Chop nuts. Add nuts, cake mix, sugar and cinnamon to bowl; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.

3. Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream, or whipped topping, if desired.

Yield: 10 servings or 20 sample servings

Lisa/ChefBear said:
MOM’S APPLE CRISP The Pampered Chef®

¾ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg

This is a GREAT show stopper - but don't do what I did. MAKE SURE THE HOST'S MICROWAVE IS BIG ENOUGH TO HOLD YOUR DEEP DISH BAKER! :rolleyes:

What ingredients do I need for making a dessert in a microwave?

To make a dessert in a microwave, you will need basic baking ingredients such as flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and baking powder. You can also use ingredients like cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and nuts for added flavor. It's important to follow the recipe carefully and measure all ingredients accurately.

Can I use any type of microwave for making a dessert?

Yes, you can use any type of microwave for making a dessert as long as it has a rotating plate or turntable. This helps to ensure even cooking and prevents hot spots. Also, make sure your microwave is in good working condition and has the appropriate power settings.

What types of desserts can I make in a microwave?

There are a variety of desserts that can be made in a microwave, including cakes, cookies, brownies, and even puddings. You can also make mug cakes, which are single-serving cakes that are cooked in a mug in the microwave. The possibilities are endless!

How long does it take to make a dessert in a microwave?

The cooking time for a dessert in a microwave will vary depending on the recipe and the power of your microwave. As a general rule, most desserts can be made in under 10 minutes. However, it's important to follow the recipe instructions and keep an eye on the dessert while it's cooking to avoid overcooking.

Are there any special tips or tricks for making a dessert in a microwave?

Yes, there are a few tips and tricks for making a dessert in a microwave. One tip is to cover the dessert with a paper towel to prevent splattering and to help retain moisture. Another tip is to rotate the dessert halfway through cooking for more even cooking. You can also use a toothpick to check for doneness, just like you would with a traditional oven-baked dessert.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Christ Follower
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Stephaniecafe
  • julesh
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
julesh
Replies