• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick and Easy Tropical Dessert?

In summary, the hostess is requesting a tropical dessert for her Taste of the Tropics show on Thursday and the guest is undecided. The dessert options include the mango salsa cups and the jerk chicken salad.
julesh
I'm doing my first Taste of the Tropics show on Thurs. I'm featuring the shrimp ceviche cups and the hostess requested a tropical dessert. I don't feel comfortable enough to demo two full recipes, but thought I might do a dessert that I could prep ahead of time and then do quick assembly at the show. (BTW, I don't have a trifle bowl yet - it's coming in my first order.) Got any suggestions? (OH! And the hostess doesn't care for strawberries or coconut. :p )

Last edited:
Pineapple Upside Down cake.

What about a chocolate fondue. The cool and creamy fondue in all the best is supposed to be really good. You could skewer fruit and cake onto kabobs and offer toasted coconut to those that do like it.

She's awfully picky!! "I want a tropical dessert without coconut or pineapple." My goodness. You could do the Mango Salsa Cups. Something like that. Pre-do the tortilla cups and the slicing and dicing of some of the fruit then mix it up in front of the guests.

The tropical wontons are good - you could have them prepped and mostly assembled. Then finish making 2 or 3 so people can see how easy they are to put together.

I have been doing the Sunshine Cake (Micro Fluted ) from the Casual Cooking as my dessert for taste of the tropics. Easy, good and sells tons of fluted pans. Also no coconut or pineapple!:)

is the jerk chicken salad an easy travel recipe?

I'm cracking up! It's strawberries, not pineapple, that she doesn't like; but I think that's even weirder! Who doesn't like strawberries???!!!:p She's a good friend of mine, so I can tease her about it.
As I was reading your posts and thinking about, it dawned on me that the day before her show is her bday. So I might make some kind of birthday surprise dessert.
I'm still undecided! And you know what that means? I'm gonna spend all day Wed. in my kitchen practicing recipes!

1. What ingredients do I need for a quick and easy tropical dessert?

For a quick and easy tropical dessert, you will need a can of crushed pineapple, a package of instant vanilla pudding mix, a container of whipped topping, a graham cracker crust, and fresh tropical fruit such as pineapple, mango, and kiwi.

2. Can I use a different type of crust for this dessert?

Yes, you can use any type of crust you prefer for this dessert. A graham cracker crust is recommended for the tropical flavor, but a shortbread or chocolate crust would also work well.

3. How long does it take to make this dessert?

This dessert can be made in just 10 minutes! It is perfect for a last-minute dessert option or for when you are short on time.

4. Can I make this dessert ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this dessert ahead of time. Simply cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. It is best to add the fresh fruit toppings right before serving for optimal freshness.

5. Can I make this dessert dairy-free or vegan?

Yes, you can make this dessert dairy-free or vegan by using non-dairy whipped topping and a vegan-friendly instant pudding mix. You can also use a dairy-free or vegan-friendly crust option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • babywings76