• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Quick and Easy Taco Side? Try This Delicious Salsa Recipe!

In summary, the conversation was about ideas for a salad or dessert for a power cooking show. Some suggestions included a black bean salad, a 10 Micro Cake in the Rice Cooker Plus, or a simple Spanish rice made in the rice cooker. Another suggestion was to have the guests make a quick salsa using the Salad Chopper. The host was advised to buy some bagged lettuce and add toppings to it for a quick salad. Overall, the focus was on showcasing products and making the demonstration easy for the host.
mhrivera
I am going to make the Tacos for the power cooking show, and was going to do some quick biscuit bites with a Sweet Sprinkle. The host wants a salad or dessert (that I plan on doing quickly before the show). Any good ideas? Thanks!

I don't have a recipe, but what about a black bean salad or something like that?

I think you are doing enough. Tell her to fix whatever she'd like to serve.

pamperedlinda said:

You took the words right out of my mouth. By doing three recipes, it makes your business look harder than it is. Not saying you cannot do it but I've never made more than 1 recipe at a show because the focus isn't the recipes it's the products.

How about the 10 Micro Cake in the Rice Cooker Plus? She gets dessert and you sell a tonne of cookers! you can add cinnamon to the cake mix for a more "mexi" flavour.

tell her to buy chips and hot sauce or guacamole

pamperedlinda said:

I agree with Linda.

I only make ONE recipe. If the host wants more than one, it is her responsibility. I offer to provide PC recipes if she would like but that is left up to her.

I like the way you guys think! I think I'll tell her to buy some bagged lettuce that we can add some black beans, corn, and maybe a tomato too, and move on in 2 minutes. Maybe I'll make her do it. Here's hoping I'll sell some salad spinners and book some March shows if I put it in the collapsable bowl. Thanks for the advice!

Or you could make it simple if you really want to add something in for her... how about spanish rice made in the rice cooker? Just throw the ingredients together, pop it in the microwave, and walk away.

mhrivera said:
I like the way you guys think! I think I'll tell her to buy some bagged lettuce that we can add some black beans, corn, and maybe a tomato too, and move on in 2 minutes. Maybe I'll make her do it. Here's hoping I'll sell some salad spinners and book some March shows if I put it in the collapsable bowl. Thanks for the advice!

I was actually thinking of the Trifle Bowl for the salad, until I read your idea. Love it! Use the collapsible bowl! It's lighter weight, and all the guests should be excited to be seeing a new product in use!!:sing:

Best wishes,
Paula :chef:

You could always make the quick salsa recipe that's in the catalog (by the Salad Chopper). Actually, the GUESTS could make it. Have the ingredients in the bowl, pass it around while you're doing the demo and have the guests chop away. Serve w/ some tortilla chips.

dianevill said:
You could always make the quick salsa recipe that's in the catalog (by the Salad Chopper). Actually, the GUESTS could make it. Have the ingredients in the bowl, pass it around while you're doing the demo and have the guests chop away. Serve w/ some tortilla chips.

Yes, have the guests make it. It is so easy to make and you might sell a few salad choppers too.

Related to Need a Quick and Easy Taco Side? Try This Delicious Salsa Recipe!

What sides do you recommend for tacos?

We recommend fresh guacamole, salsa, sour cream, and shredded cheese as popular sides for tacos. You can also add rice, beans, or corn as additional options.

Do you have any vegetarian side options for tacos?

Yes, we have several vegetarian side options for tacos. Some popular choices include grilled vegetables, black bean and corn salad, or a mango avocado salsa.

Can you suggest a quick and easy side for tacos?

If you're short on time, we suggest using pre-made pico de gallo or a store-bought fiesta corn salad as a quick and easy side for tacos.

What side dishes pair well with fish tacos?

For fish tacos, we recommend a refreshing citrus slaw, a mango salsa, or a creamy avocado sauce as delicious side options.

Are there any sides that can add a spicy kick to tacos?

If you like a little heat, we suggest adding pickled jalapenos, a spicy salsa or a chipotle aioli as side options for tacos. You can also sprinkle some hot sauce on top for an extra kick.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cwinter474
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • ericadboone
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies