• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Easy Dessert Ideas for a Party of 16 Guests?

a recipe. You don't have enough experience yet. You need to get more cooking shows under your belt before you start thinking about catering.
PCMelissa
Gold Member
My first party has 16 confirmed and 3 maybes...(she seems confident that the maybes will be yes') She has been a great host so far.

I am making Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares. Which feeds 12. When I did the test batch, I cut more than 12 squares and personally thought they were pretty big squares. But, now I am thinking I should make something else to go with. Like a very easy dessert. Also, I don't want to tell the host to have other food, but I did just casually tell her that the squares feed 12, was she planning to have anything else for them to munch on. I am hoping she takes the hint if she is not already planning something.

I don't really want to do 2 full recipes for my first real show (I have 2 shows tomorrow for my grand opening, but feel like that doesn't count since they are all people I know and it is at my house.) Any suggestions?

There is a recipe in one of our cookbooks called Peachy Cheese Coffee Cake - very simple and good. Also - if you have the 12" skillet, do a simple cake in it.

Do a dip for fruit. Cool & Creamy Chocolate Fondue from All the Best. Fast and easy.

Oh, I like the dip idea. What tools does it use? I don't have all the best... but my recruiter does... maybe I could get the recipe from her!Any other suggestions?

Cool & Creamy Chocolate FondueIngredients:
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/2 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon rum or vanilla extract (optional)
Assorted fresh fruit dippers such as whole strawberries, apple, peach or pear wedges (optional)Directions:
1. Place chocolate morsels and half of the whipped topping in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval. Fold in remaining whipped topping, cinnamon and rum extract, if desired; mix until smooth. Cover; refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
2. To serve, spoon fondue into small bowl. Serve with fruit dippers, if desired.
Yield: 2 cups (16 servings) Nutrients per serving: (2 tablespoons fondue): Calories 80, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 0 mg, Fiber 0 g Cook’s Tips: Ground cinnamon can be substituted for the Korintje Cinnamon, if desired.Use the Apple Wedger to easily cut apples and pears into uniform wedges. Dip the apple, peach and pear wedges into lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown. If preparing the fondue ahead of time, store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Stir in 1-2 tablespoons milk for a creamier consistency. ©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2007
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

THANK YOU Keri-Lyn!!

Another easy one is to make the recipe that comes with the Trifle Bowl (cappuccino mousse trifle)....provided you have the trifle bowl. You can make the whole thing ahead of time. and 'decorate' it at the show using whipped cream and/chocolate grated with the microplane.

Melissa, I think making extra recipes at your own house for a grand opening is a good idea, since you can get more practice using tools without hauling a bunch of stuff.

I'd really stick to one recipe for away shows until you have a few under your belt, though.

Just have one of the recipes prepared ahead of time so you're not trying to do two. I did the Molten Chocolate Cakes ahead at my last show and only demoed the Jerk Chicken Nachos and it was easy. You could also borrow the Fluted Pan from your director and do a microwave cake. It could be cooking as your guests come in. Or, the Double Chocolate Cinnamon Dip is yummy and easy and will show off the sprinkles.

The Ham and Cheese brunch squares actually feed alot. Plus remembering you aren't feeding them a feed, just giving them a taste. For your first show, I don't know if I would put the stress on myself to do two recipes. Good luck though!

Don't do 2 recipes - just do one. It's too much for your first show. If the host wants to really feed her guests, she'll have other food for them to munch on. You're not a caterer, you're presenting a Cooking Show and teaching them how to prepare a delicious meal (and letting them taste the meal afterwards). That's how I treat my shows. If my host asks for more food, I email her recipes and suggest she prepare them ahead of time for them, as I don't want to take up people's time with more than one recipe.

cathyskitchen said:
Don't do 2 recipes - just do one. It's too much for your first show. If the host wants to really feed her guests, she'll have other food for them to munch on. You're not a caterer, you're presenting a Cooking Show and teaching them how to prepare a delicious meal (and letting them taste the meal afterwards). That's how I treat my shows. If my host asks for more food, I email her recipes and suggest she prepare them ahead of time for them, as I don't want to take up people's time with more than one recipe.
I've had several hosts ask me for other recipes they can make before hand. Gives them a chance to show off their handy work.

What are some quick and easy dessert recipes?

Some quick and easy dessert recipes include no-bake cookies, fruit salad, mug cakes, and ice cream sandwiches.

Can I make a dessert in under 30 minutes?

Yes, there are many desserts that can be made in under 30 minutes, such as brownies, rice crispy treats, and banana bread.

Are there any desserts that are both quick and healthy?

Yes, you can make a quick and healthy dessert by using fresh fruit, yogurt, and honey to make a fruit parfait or by baking apples with cinnamon and oats for a tasty apple crisp.

What ingredients do I need for a quick dessert?

The ingredients you need for a quick dessert will vary depending on the recipe, but common ingredients include flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and various flavorings and toppings.

Can I make a quick dessert in the microwave?

Yes, there are many desserts that can be made in the microwave, such as mug cakes, chocolate fondue, and even cheesecake. Just be sure to follow the recipe carefully and adjust cooking times as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ericadboone
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • meganmcg
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg
Replies