• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dessert for Deep Dish Pie Stone

In summary, the conversation participants were discussing dessert options for a piece of stoneware. The original poster mentioned making a turtle fudge skillet cake and was looking for another non-chocolate dessert, specifically mentioning a pie plate. One suggestion was apple crisp, but the original poster had already made it before. Another participant offered to look for pie recipes from a few years ago. The third participant suggested making a Creamy Coconut Lime Pie or a Banana Split Pie, both using a Deep Dish Pie Plate. The recipe for the Creamy Coconut Lime Pie includes ingredients like refrigerated pie crust, frozen whipped topping, reduced-fat sour cream, limes, and sweetened flaked coconut. The recipe for the Banana Split Pie includes ingredients like refrigerated pie
jcwarr
does anyone have a good recipe idea for this piece of stoneware? i am already making the turtle fudge skillet cake and need one more dessert - thought something non-chocolate in the pie plate would be good. thanks!

How about apple crisp?

apple crispi've made that for a party that this host was at before so i was trying to find something dif't - it's def. in the back-up plan as it's so good!!!! just thought someone might have another inspiration :)

I can look when I get home tonight - I have the pie recipes cards from a few years ago...

This might be good considering spring is coming and the tropics theme....

Creamy Coconut Lime Pie
Ingredients:
1/2 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crust (1 crust)
1 container (12 ounces) light frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 container (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
2 limes, divided
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted, divided
1 package (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
12 maraschino cherries with stems (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Let pie crust stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Gently unfold crust onto lightly floured surface. Roll to an 111/2-inch circle. Place crust in Deep Dish Pie Plate, pressing dough into bottom and up sides. Prick bottom and sides using fork. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.

2. Reserve 1 cup of the whipped topping for garnish. In large bowl, whisk remaining whipped topping and sour cream until blended. Zest one lime to measure 1 teaspoon zest; juice to measure 2 tablespoons juice. Add lime zest and juice to sour cream mixture; whisk until smooth. Add 1/4 cup of the coconut and pudding mix; whisk until well blended. (Mixture will be very thick.) Immediately spoon filling into crust; spread evenly.

3. Sprinkle top of pie with remaining coconut. Garnish pie with reserved whipped topping. Slice remaining lime; cut slices in half and place between each rosette. Top each rosette with a cherry, if desired. Cover; refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 210, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 210 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook’s Tips: To toast coconut, preheat oven to 350°F. Spread coconut onto Small Bar Pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown; cool completely.

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

Banana Split Pie
Ingredients:
Crust

1 cup milk chocolate morsels, melted, divided

Filling

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup cold milk
1 package (3.4 ounces) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
2 tablespoons sugar
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained

Toppings

1 medium banana, sliced
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 1/2 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping
1/4 cup chopped nuts

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. For crust, place pie crust in Deep Dish Pie Plate, gently rolling dough into bottom and up sides using small tapered end of Baker's Roller™. Prick bottom of crust using pastry tool. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.

2. Melt chocolate morsels in Small Micro-Cooker®, uncovered, on HIGH 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted and smooth. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the chocolate for garnish. Spread remaining chocolate over bottom and sides of crust.

3. For filling, place cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until softened; whisk until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Add pudding mix and sugar; whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in pineapple. Spread filling evenly into crust.

4. For toppings, arrange fruit over top of pie. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with whipped topping. Pipe topping around top edge of pie. Drizzle reserved melted chocolate over top of pie. Sprinkle with nuts.

Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 610, Total Fat 36 g, Saturated Fat 18 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 70 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 470 mg, Fiber 1 g

Chocolate Cherry Mousse Pie - absolutely to Die FOR! Excellent, tasty, showy.

Look on CC under Celebrations recipes - Easy as Pie.

This says Deep Dish Baker but I bet you could use the Pie Plate with no problem. YUM!!

Attachments

• Deep Dish BLT Pizza.doc
    25 KB · Views: 342
Yummy
janetupnorth said:
Banana Split Pie
Ingredients:
Crust

1 cup milk chocolate morsels, melted, divided

Filling

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup cold milk
1 package (3.4 ounces) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
2 tablespoons sugar
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained

Toppings

1 medium banana, sliced
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 1/2 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping
1/4 cup chopped nuts

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. For crust, place pie crust in Deep Dish Pie Plate, gently rolling dough into bottom and up sides using small tapered end of Baker's Roller™. Prick bottom of crust using pastry tool. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.

2. Melt chocolate morsels in Small Micro-Cooker®, uncovered, on HIGH 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted and smooth. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the chocolate for garnish. Spread remaining chocolate over bottom and sides of crust.

3. For filling, place cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until softened; whisk until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Add pudding mix and sugar; whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in pineapple. Spread filling evenly into crust.

4. For toppings, arrange fruit over top of pie. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with whipped topping. Pipe topping around top edge of pie. Drizzle reserved melted chocolate over top of pie. Sprinkle with nuts.

Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 610, Total Fat 36 g, Saturated Fat 18 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 70 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 470 mg, Fiber 1 g

Jane,
THIS SOUNDS SO GOOD!! I am going to have to try this! I am not usually a dessert person but I do love to splurge sometimes through my pregnancy!! And everyone at church is always very curious to see what I will bring for dessert on Sunday.
Thanks for the idea.

Debbie :D

LOL!!! You wanted a dessert--sorry--mine looked good anyway!!! LOL!!!

I have been drooling over that Peanut Butter and Jelly Pie in the All the Best for a while!!

gilliandanielle said:
I have been drooling over that Peanut Butter and Jelly Pie in the All the Best for a while!!
That is SOOOOOO good! It's not super peanutty (like eating a spoonful of PB), but you can tell there's PB in it.

I took this to a pie-themed open house my Longaberger lady hosted a couple of years ago and it was a big hit.

I may have to bust this out today as my 26 week treat!! I am in the 3rd trimester next week! Yahhh!!

gilliandanielle said:
I may have to bust this out today as my 26 week treat!! I am in the 3rd trimester next week! Yahhh!!

I give you permission!;)

I have to go dig my cookbook out of my kit and see if I have the ingredients!

hmmm.... strawberries, PB, cream cheese, pie crust, strawberry jam, peanuts... I'm sure there are a couple of other things, but those are the biggies.

I don't have a lot of that! Maybe I need to wait until tomorrow when I can get to the store...:(

And now that I think if it, I think there's some cool whip in it, too.

Sorry, dear. You really sounded like you were excited to make it. :(

Go find your book and make a grocery list...

I wish I had one of those grocery delivery places here!!

Just remember, don't make it with recalled peanut butter! :)

We only buy Jif because I get it on WIC... it was only on Peter Pan right??

I think so.

gilliandanielle said:
We only buy Jif because I get it on WIC... it was only on Peter Pan right??

Recall was Peter Pan and Great Value - Jif was safe.

Thanks- I had to go out anyway because my sister just had nasal surgery and she tried to work today. She didn't make it very long and needed a ride home. I ended up going to burger king and getting a strawberry milkshake so that fixed the craving for now. I am trying to recruit both hostesses from this weekend so I have my work cut out for me when I close both shows tonight!

What is the size of the Deep Dish Pie Stone?

The Deep Dish Pie Stone has a diameter of 11 inches and a depth of 2 inches, making it perfect for deep dish pies and other desserts.

Is the Deep Dish Pie Stone oven-safe?

Yes, the Deep Dish Pie Stone is made of durable stoneware material and is safe to use in the oven up to 450°F.

Can I use the Deep Dish Pie Stone in the microwave?

Yes, the Deep Dish Pie Stone is microwave-safe, making it convenient for reheating and serving individual portions of desserts.

Does the Deep Dish Pie Stone come with a recipe book?

No, the Deep Dish Pie Stone does not come with a recipe book. However, our website offers a variety of delicious dessert recipes that are perfect for this stone.

How do I clean the Deep Dish Pie Stone?

The Deep Dish Pie Stone is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing with warm, soapy water to preserve its quality. Avoid using metal utensils on the stone to prevent scratches.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lmklipfel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Alanna1
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies