• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Perfect Dessert for a Seafood-Themed Dinner Club?

In summary, the dessert that the speaker thought of was Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake. The other ideas that were discussed were a cake with the name "turtle" in it, and a Trifle recipe that substituted "sponge" cake for the pound cake.
muffetts
Gold Member
I belong to a dinner club, and this month's theme is "Cuisine from the Sea" - and I get to bring dessert! We didn't think that a shrimp cheesecake :yuck: would work... so, any ideas? I thought of:
Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake
Fish Cakes (cakes shaped like fishies...)

any other thoughts?

Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake is a great idea. Any dessert with "turtle" in the name is good. What about sea foam!

muffetts said:
I belong to a dinner club, and this month's theme is "Cuisine from the Sea" - and I get to bring dessert! We didn't think that a shrimp cheesecake :yuck: would work... so, any ideas? I thought of:
Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake
Fish Cakes (cakes shaped like fishies...)

any other thoughts?

I would make a cake and decorate it with fish shaped candies. My son had some that were kind of like sweet tarts that were shaped like fish. There are also the Swedish fish that are gummy type. Not sure if a cake decorating place would have fish sprinkles, but if you wanted to do sprinkles instead of candies I am sure you could find something with seashells or something Sea related. Perhaps add a touch of PC and make it in the fluted pan or something else PC. Or you could make a batter bowl cake and decorate it like a fish bowl.

How about one of the Trifle recipes but substitute "sponge" cake (angel food) cake for the pound cake :)

Dessert "sushi" - I've seen these in magazines, etc. They're mock sushi rolls made with fruit leather (fruit roll-ups), sweetened rice and fruit pieces.

the y make chocolate sea shells and williams sonoma has a cake pan like a sand castle

Thanks for all of your great ideas guys - I'll keep my eyes out for special sprinkles - off to a cake decorating class tonight, so perhaps they can help too. Might check out their cake pans. Have a great day! :balloon:

1. What are some popular desserts made with seafood?

Some popular seafood desserts include key lime pie with a graham cracker crust and crabapple compote, chocolate mousse with a touch of sea salt, and raspberry sorbet with candied shrimp.

2. Can seafood be used in sweet dishes?

Yes, seafood can be a delicious addition to sweet dishes. Some examples include shrimp in a fruit salsa, lobster in a fruit tart, and scallops in a citrus glaze. The combination of sweet and savory flavors can create a unique and tasty dessert.

3. Are there any allergies to consider when making seafood desserts?

Yes, it's important to be aware of shellfish allergies when making seafood desserts. Be sure to inform guests of any potential allergens in the dish and offer alternative options if needed.

4. Is it difficult to incorporate seafood into desserts?

Not at all! Seafood can be easily incorporated into desserts by using it as a topping, mixing it into a batter, or creating a seafood-based sauce or glaze. Get creative and experiment with different combinations to find your favorite seafood dessert.

5. Can seafood desserts be made ahead of time?

Yes, many seafood desserts can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just be sure to follow proper food safety guidelines and keep any perishable ingredients refrigerated until ready to use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcwarr
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
Replies
Views
CHEFINGREEN
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef