• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Declined Card for My Fundraiser Show - Tips and Tricks"

In summary, most of the time when a card is declined, it is because of an incorrect expiration date or because the card was stolen.
Jessamary
I got an email last night saying one card of my fundraiser show was declined. How do you guys handle this? Do you call or email the guest? What is usually the response? I don't want to embarrass her (I mean, I know what it's like to have your card declined), but at the same time, I need this taken care of ASAP.

Any words of wisdom?

I usually call HO with the number first and have them re run it. Over half of the time it will go thru. If that doesn't work, I call the customer and say this is Chantelle with Pampered Chef, I met you at/thru Susie's party and I have a question about your credit card. I usually pause after that, and if they know it was declined they will usually fill in the blank, otherwise, I just ask them if we can verify the number in case I wrote it down wrong. Either way, I either find that I had the number wrong or they give me a new number to try. Hope that helps

I do what Chantelle does....blame myself, I must have written it down wrong. They'll know if there is a problem.

Almost all of my declined CCs are because I entered the exp date incorrectly. Be careful when you enter the date and then scroll your mouse - it changes the year.

Blame yourself when you call them, I agree. All of mine have been a mix up with the expiration date.

I would call them not email, more personal and you can play off their voices and reaction better.

I always assure them that the technology is always on the blink. Or you might have put the info in wrong. Even if their card was really declined.. it will save face for them and they will appreciate that. I have had perfectly good cards declined before. It is always embarassing even if it is not your fault. I make any comment to relieve their fears. We want them to order again!!!!!

I agree Ginger - I used to bank with a small hometown bank and my debit card was declined one time because their network was down. I was trying to shop at Target on a Friday evening and the card was declined there, the transactions were declined at the ATM. I went home and their website was down. Monday morning everything was fine again. Another was declined once because the bank realized that there was some unusual spending happening and it turns out that the card number had been stolen!

1. What should I do if a guest's credit card is declined during the fundraiser show?

If a guest's credit card is declined during the fundraiser show, politely ask them to try another form of payment. If they do not have another form of payment, you can offer to hold their order until they are able to provide a different payment method.

2. Can I still earn host rewards if a guest's credit card is declined?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards for the total amount of orders placed during the fundraiser show, even if a guest's credit card is declined.

3. How can I prevent credit card declines during the fundraiser show?

To prevent credit card declines, encourage guests to check their available credit before the show and to inform their bank of any large transactions. You can also suggest that guests bring a backup form of payment just in case.

4. What if a guest's credit card is declined but they still want to place an order?

If a guest's credit card is declined but they still want to place an order, you can offer to hold their order until they are able to provide a different form of payment. Alternatively, they can place their order online using a different payment method.

5. Is there a way to avoid credit card declines altogether?

While credit card declines cannot be completely avoided, you can reduce the chances of them happening by encouraging guests to check their available credit and informing their bank of any large transactions. You can also offer alternative payment methods, such as cash or check, for guests who are not comfortable using their credit card.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • pamperedkel
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
rennea
  • mmilus