• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Bad Check from Hostess? Get Expert Advice Here!

In summary, if you have received a bad check from a hostess and are unable to resolve the issue through communication, you may need to consider taking legal action or contacting the bank for assistance. It's important to also communicate with the other party involved and document all communication and attempts at resolution.
sburnside
Gold Member
Can anyone relate? What do I do? At the end of last month, I had a hostess do a small show and wrote me a check for her balance. Luckily, the guests wrote their checks directly to me because the hostess wrote a bad check, promised to send a money order out when I contacted her, and now is not responding to my e-mails and has her cell # blocked for outside calls. Of course, PC is so quick that she had her products before I even knew anything about the bad check. So, now I'm out almost $200 on this show. What else can I do? I don't want to upset the lady she booked from because she and her family members are great and loyal customers. Please give me some advice here!!!

The first thing you can do is talk to the bank that issued the check. Ask them if they can put a stop payment on it or if there is something else you can do to get your money back. You may also want to contact the local authorities and file a police report so they can investigate. Finally, you can try to contact the hostess directly and ask her to make good on the check. Hopefully she will be willing to cooperate and you can resolve the issue without having to take legal action.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It's always frustrating when someone doesn't follow through on their commitments, especially when it involves money. First of all, have you tried reaching out to the hostess through any other means besides email and phone? Perhaps she has a preferred method of communication that you could try. If she still doesn't respond, you may need to consider taking legal action. You can contact a lawyer or small claims court to see what your options are. In the meantime, it's important to communicate with the other party involved - the lady who booked from the hostess. Let her know the situation and that you are working on a resolution. Assure her that you value her as a customer and don't want to disrupt your relationship with her. Also, make sure to document everything - the bad check, your attempts to contact the hostess, and any communication with the lady who booked from her. This will be helpful if you do end up taking legal action. I hope everything works out for you and that you are able to recover the money you are owed. Best of luck.

1. What should I do if a hostess's check bounces?

If a hostess's check bounces, the first step is to contact the hostess and let her know that the check did not clear. Ask her to make arrangements to pay the balance owed. You can also reach out to the bank to see if there is a possibility of the check being redeposited or if there are any other options available.

2. How long should I wait before contacting the hostess about the bounced check?

You should contact the hostess as soon as you are aware that the check has bounced. The longer you wait, the more difficult it may be to resolve the issue. It's important to address the situation promptly to avoid any further complications.

3. Can I still receive commission for the party if the hostess's check bounces?

Unfortunately, if a hostess's check bounces, you will not receive commission for that party. However, you can still earn commission for any future parties that the hostess may book with you.

4. What happens if the hostess refuses to pay the balance owed after her check bounces?

If the hostess refuses to pay the balance owed, you have the option to take legal action to collect the debt. However, this should be viewed as a last resort and it's always best to try to resolve the issue amicably first.

5. How can I prevent this issue from happening in the future?

To prevent this issue from happening in the future, make sure to verify the funds in the account before depositing the check. You can also consider implementing a policy where all checks are deposited and cleared before the party is held. Additionally, you may want to consider accepting alternative forms of payment such as credit or debit cards to minimize the risk of dealing with bad checks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heather9892
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • pampered.chris
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies