• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating a Show Outline: Tips from Experienced Performers

In summary, when creating a show outline, it is important to have a clear beginning, middle, and end, including an attention-grabbing introduction, main content, and strong conclusion. To keep the show engaging, include a variety of elements such as activities and audience participation, and add in humor or unexpected twists. The recommended length for a show outline is between 45 minutes to an hour. It should include the title, description, main topics, props, and estimated time for each section. Practice and rehearsal are key to ensuring a smooth flow, and feedback from others can help identify areas for improvement.
marykate1
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if you would be so kind to type out an outline of your shows. I have been with p.c. for about 5 mo. and I have always just winged my shows. That is my personality though, I am not a big planner. But, I have been disappointed with bookings at my show and I am looking at improving.

So, can you give me an outline of how your shows go?

Thanks so much,
Mary Kate:)

I don't have my outline typed up but what helped me in the beginning was watching the DVD show PC send us and going to shows with my director. I also wrote up my outline on a spiral bound note card book and I still use it at my shows to make sure I keep on track.

I would like to have an outline for the interactive show if anyone would be willing to share! Thanks! Deb

Why not use the laminated outline cards that came in the kit? Utilize what HO gives you!

1. How do I structure my show outline?

When creating a show outline, it is important to have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Start with an attention-grabbing introduction, move on to the main content of your show, and end with a strong conclusion. It can also be helpful to break your show into sections or segments to keep the flow organized.

2. How do I keep my show outline engaging?

One tip is to include a variety of elements in your show, such as different types of activities, interactive segments, and audience participation. You can also add in humor, personal stories, or unexpected twists to keep your audience interested and entertained.

3. How long should my show outline be?

This can vary depending on the type of show and your target audience. However, it is generally recommended to keep your show between 45 minutes to an hour in length. This allows enough time to cover your main points without losing the audience's attention.

4. What should I include in my show outline?

Your show outline should include the title of your show, a brief description, the main topics or segments you will cover, any props or materials needed, and the estimated time for each section. It can also be helpful to have a timeline or schedule to keep you on track during the performance.

5. How do I make sure my show outline flows smoothly?

Practice and rehearsal are key to creating a smooth and seamless show outline. Make sure to run through your outline multiple times to familiarize yourself with the flow and timing. You can also ask for feedback from other performers or colleagues to help identify any areas that may need improvement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Mary Chapin
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • deliciousdiva
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
nikked