• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Branching Out with a Fresh and New Show!

In summary, the speaker is planning to do a no-cooking show using a walk-through catalog approach after reading Mrs. Rae's tips and suggestions. They have done 3-4 shows with the same group and are looking for something fresh and new. The speaker is also asking about the use of product samples during the show and mentions a successful show where they only demonstrated one recipe. Mrs. Rae responds by sharing her show outline and suggests using one recipe for a month or two, with an alternate in case it doesn't work.
heat123
Silver Member
Ok, after reading Mrs. Rae's great show outline and tips, I am going to brave the NO demo, catalog walk through show tonight. It's with a group I have done 3-4 shows with since I started so, I am looking for something FRESH and NEW with them!:) Thanks so much for your tips and suggestions! Wish me luck!:chef:

heat123 said:
Ok, after reading Mrs. Rae's great show outline and tips, I am going to brave the NO demo, catalog walk through show tonight. It's with a group I have done 3-4 shows with since I started so, I am looking for something FRESH and NEW with them!:) Thanks so much for your tips and suggestions! Wish me luck!:chef:

Heather, where is this outline?

do a search for no demo show. It should pull the thread up! :)

Here's where you'll find answers to most of your questions, including a general outline of how I do my shows.http://www.chefsuccess.com/f12/questions-rae-about-your-show-16925/Technically I don't consider it a "No Demo" show, since I spend quite of bit of time in front of the guests. It is a no-cooking show, though. I call it my Walk through the Catalog Show.

Oh Rae, I forgot to ask... you said you set out alot of products. Is that just for them to come up and touch and feel them or do you pick them up while you are talking about them in the catalog?

heat123 said:
Oh Rae, I forgot to ask... you said you set out alot of products. Is that just for them to come up and touch and feel them or do you pick them up while you are talking about them in the catalog?
Um, well, yeah. LOL! I do a bit of both. I tell people before and after I get started that they are welcome to pick things up and play with them. I also tend to pick things up when I talk about them.BTW, I'm taking a bit less now. I concentrate on the newest of products and whatever is on special for the month. I do, though, still take all of the spices and cookbooks. People in my area are more likely to buy those when they've had a chance to check them out.

I did a show last week, made the Greek Torta ahead of time. I made a pork roast in the DCB and cut it up for everyone to "sample". Then I demo'd the microplane cheese grater, mandoline, cut n seal, apple wedger (showed people how to not go all the way through and wrap for lunch). I sold 10 DCB's and closed over $850.00. (the hostess bought 2 for half price and got one for free to give as gifts) I have decided to give guests the option for a traditional cooking show, an interactive show or doing it my way!
It was so easy to only have to worry about cooking a roast in the micro! I think its good to try different formats and see what works for you!

good luck,
Tammy

Tammy, when you did the party this way... you obviously purchased the ingredients yourself....right? How do you work that out? I am finding that it might just be easier to get the stuff myself no matter if I make the recipe at the party or before hand. Your thought???

I did get the ingredients myself, I worked 5-ten hour days last week unexpectedly AFTER working 3-twelves over the weekend (my mistake and a long story) and was trying to make the show as easy as possible for me. I didn't feel like I had it in me to do a whole demonstration keeping with a recipie. The funny thing was there was a lady from "cabby caddie" or something like that, she was taking notes and thought I had been doing PC for years. (this was my 3rd live show) she complimented me on my ability to keep the show going and it made it all worth it to me!

Rae - I read your show outline and it sounds like a lot of fun!! It is definitely something cool to try for a host who doesn't really want a demo...and a good way to book a show with someone who wants to have it in a place where a kitchen may not be easily accessible. One question for you though....when you say you make the same recipe for several shows.....do you have ONE recipe you choose for the month? Do you switch it up depending on what time of day the show is or do you just choose something versatile?

Generally I choose one recipe for a month or two. I usually have an alternate in mind, though, in case my planned recipe won't work (i.e. the host hates chocolate, friends are allergic to nuts, the host and guests have been to three of my shows in the last two weeks, etc.).

TammyStar said:
I did a show last week, made the Greek Torta ahead of time. I made a pork roast in the DCB and cut it up for everyone to "sample". Then I demo'd the microplane cheese grater, mandoline, cut n seal, apple wedger (showed people how to not go all the way through and wrap for lunch). I sold 10 DCB's and closed over $850.00. (the hostess bought 2 for half price and got one for free to give as gifts) I have decided to give guests the option for a traditional cooking show, an interactive show or doing it my way!
It was so easy to only have to worry about cooking a roast in the micro! I think its good to try different formats and see what works for you!

good luck,
Tammy

TammyStar:
Did you do the pork roast in the micro @ the host home or did you do it in advance and take it with you?

Sara, I cooked the pork at the hosts home. It was so easy to do and they didn't believe that all I did was put a rub on it and threw it in the Microwave and they didn't think it would taste good. I asked while I was telling them all the things we make in the DCB in the microwave and everyone said they didn't think it was going to taste good.

Tammy

Related to Branching Out with a Fresh and New Show!

1. What is "Branching Out with a Fresh and New Show!" all about?

"Branching Out with a Fresh and New Show!" is a new program from Pampered Chef that focuses on expanding your cooking skills and trying out new recipes. It's a fun and interactive way to learn more about our products and how to use them in unique and creative ways.

2. Who can participate in "Branching Out with a Fresh and New Show!"?

Anyone can participate in "Branching Out with a Fresh and New Show!" It's open to all Pampered Chef customers, consultants, and anyone who is interested in learning more about our products and cooking techniques.

3. How often are new episodes of "Branching Out with a Fresh and New Show!" released?

New episodes are released on a monthly basis. Each episode features a different theme and includes new recipes and tips for using Pampered Chef products.

4. Do I need to purchase any products to participate in "Branching Out with a Fresh and New Show!"?

No, you do not need to purchase any products to participate in the show. However, if you are interested in trying out the featured recipes, you can purchase the necessary products through your Pampered Chef consultant or on our website.

5. Can I watch previous episodes of "Branching Out with a Fresh and New Show!"?

Yes, all episodes of "Branching Out with a Fresh and New Show!" will be available to watch on our website. You can also access them through our social media channels and on-demand through your cable provider.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
julsradford
  • PCwannabe
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • sushimommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies