• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking with [blank]: Marinate Ideas & Recipes

In summary, there are various options for marinating chicken, such as using olive oil, teriyaki sauce, or a spicy marinade. The recommended marinating times for different types of meat can vary, but it is generally not recommended to marinate for longer than 24 hours. It is also not recommended to reuse marinade that has come into contact with raw meat. To determine if the meat is fully marinated, check for an even coating and slightly darker color, or do a taste test. Meat can also be frozen in marinade for future use.
gothim0802
So I got an awesome deal on some the other day. We never usually cook with them so does anyone have a marinate idea for them or a good recipe?

I usually boil them for 10 minutes...then sprinkle with the BBQ rub and put them on the grill. Bast with BBQ sauce.

Marinate with itailian dressing then BBQ.

Sometimes I use Chicken Legs to Make homemade chicken noodle soup.

yummy I may have to try this then

My grandmother used to make an awesome sauce using ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar (just a small touch) and chopped onion. Then she'd cover the chicken with it in a casserole dish and bake it in the oven. I don't know the exact temp or length of time though. Works great on pork chops, too.

sklay723 said:
My grandmother used to make an awesome sauce using ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar (just a small touch) and chopped onion. Then she'd cover the chicken with it in a casserole dish and bake it in the oven. I don't know the exact temp or length of time though. Works great on pork chops, too.
That is a favorite for DH & DS. It's a little too sweet for me, but I make it when I am feeling extra loving that day!:D:chef: I got the recipe from the local paper several years ago. I usually serve it with buttered egg noodles or brown rice cooked in chicken broth, along with a veggie.SWEET SOUR SAUCE FOR CHICKEN LEGS AND THIGHS1 Cup Ketchup
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Minced Sweet Onion
2 Tbls. Flour
1 Tbls. VinegarMix well and add to 12 thighs and legs in baking dish. Bake uncovered about 45 minutes at 375 degrees. Drain grease and bake uncovered about 30 minutes longer until browned and tender.

1. What are some good marinating ideas for chicken?

Some popular marinade ideas for chicken include a simple mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and herbs, a teriyaki marinade with soy sauce, brown sugar, and pineapple juice, and a spicy marinade with chili paste, lime juice, and honey. Other options include using yogurt, buttermilk, or beer as a base for the marinade.

2. How long should I marinate my meat?

The length of time for marinating meat can vary depending on the type of meat and the thickness of the cut. Typically, chicken and fish can be marinated for 30 minutes to 2 hours, while beef and pork can be marinated for 2-4 hours. It is not recommended to marinate meat for longer than 24 hours as it can become too tender and lose its texture.

3. Can I reuse marinade?

It is generally not recommended to reuse marinade that has come into contact with raw meat. The marinade can contain harmful bacteria from the raw meat and can potentially cause foodborne illness. If you want to use the marinade as a sauce, it is best to set aside some before adding the meat or to make a separate batch.

4. How do I know when my meat is fully marinated?

The best way to determine if your meat is fully marinated is to check the color and texture. The meat should be evenly coated in the marinade and have a slightly darker color. You can also do a small taste test to see if the meat has absorbed the flavors of the marinade. If you are unsure, it is always better to err on the side of caution and marinate for a bit longer.

5. Can I freeze meat in a marinade?

Yes, you can freeze meat in a marinade. This can be a great time-saving technique for meal prep. Make sure to use a freezer-safe container and leave enough space for the marinade to expand as it freezes. When ready to use, thaw the meat in the refrigerator and then cook it according to your desired method.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • PCSarahjm
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • pamperedbybarbara