• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fixing Salad Tonight at a Show: Grill or Microwave?

In summary, you can use any type of lettuce for grilling or microwaving, with sturdier types like romaine or iceberg holding up better. To prepare, brush with olive oil and season for grilling, or simply wash and dry for microwaving. Times will vary, but generally lettuce should be grilled for 1-2 minutes per side and microwaved for 30 seconds to 1 minute. You can also add other ingredients such as vegetables, fruits, nuts, or cheese to create a more flavorful salad. As for dressing, a light vinaigrette or citrus-based dressing can enhance the flavors of the grilled or microwaved lettuce.
PCSarahjm
I am fixing salad tonight at a show. I have the chicken marinating in jerk seasoning and itailian dressing. When I practiced this recipe I grilled the chicken, but my host doesn't have a grill so do you think I could cook it in the mircrowave. Or should I use the saute pan?

Do you have the grill pan? That helps add grill flavor when you don't have one available.

No grill pan.

Cook it in the bar pan. 30 minutes at 350 and its tender and juicy and tasty :)

That works. If you want to make it in the saute pan to show off cookware, though, that would certainly work. You can even cut up the chicken into pite-size pieces before cooking so they cook faster.

Thanks Ladies

The chicken turned out great! I used the saute pan to cook it in. Didn't sell a piece of cookware but did sell a few peices of the stoneware.

Get the grill pan when you can. Its an awesome piece. I use it at least 3times a week!

Glad it turned out for you!
Too bad about the cookware, though. Darn.

1. Can I use any type of lettuce for grilling or microwaving?

Yes, you can use any type of lettuce for grilling or microwaving. However, sturdier types of lettuce such as romaine or iceberg may hold up better on the grill or in the microwave.

2. How do I prepare the lettuce for grilling or microwaving?

For grilling, you can brush the lettuce with olive oil and season with salt and pepper before placing it on the grill. For microwaving, simply wash and dry the lettuce and place it in a microwave-safe bowl.

3. How long should I grill or microwave the lettuce?

The time will vary depending on your grill and microwave, but in general, lettuce should be grilled for 1-2 minutes per side and microwaved for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

4. Can I add other ingredients to the grilled or microwaved lettuce?

Yes, you can add other ingredients such as vegetables, fruits, nuts, or cheese to your grilled or microwaved lettuce to create a more flavorful salad.

5. What dressing should I use for a grilled or microwaved lettuce salad?

You can use any type of dressing that you prefer for your salad. However, a light vinaigrette or a citrus-based dressing can help enhance the flavors of the grilled or microwaved lettuce.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kitchendivinity
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pamperedmomto3