• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilled Ribs Tonight: Microwave in DDB w/ Lid?

In summary, I would think this would work, but I would cover the DCB with foil or another piece of stoneware to avoid any potential issues.
jbachen
I want to do some grilled ribs for dinner tonight. The Grill it Quick book has a recipe where the ribs are microwaved first in the DCB, then grilled. Unfortunately, I don't yet have a DCB. I do, however, have a Deep Dish Baker, and just got the lid off the outlet. According to the lid's product guide, it is microwaveable up to 250 degrees. I am wondering if I can microwave the ribs (probably in a couple of batches) in the DDB with lid, then grill.

Anyone see an issue with this?? TIA!

I would think this would work!

BTW- when I made that recipe, I finished half on the grill, and half in the grill pan. The ones ON THE GRILL were the best! Nothing compares to that grill charred taste!

I agree with Kelly that you should have no problem doing the ribs in the DCB. We had ribs tonight and I subscribe the "Low and Slow" theory, which starts the ribs in the oven (but only on the bar pan!!) with Smokey BBQ Rub, then finished off on the grill with BBQ sauce. They always come out super moist and tender this way. Enjoy yours!!

Thanks guys... I actually changed my mind (hey, I am a woman, and it is my prerogative :blushing: oh, and it's Mother's Day so DH let me get away with it) and decided we are going to order Chinese Take-out... But depending on the weather I may still try this tomorrow... Thanks!

RibsTo bad you don't have the DCB. I made ribs in it last night, and they were incredible. Like a resturant. I don't know about your lid in the microwave. I would try covering it wih foil and abking it in the oven. Or place another piece of stoneware over it.

Wave 2! Ebensburg, Pa

Happy Mother's Day to all!

1. How long does it take to microwave ribs in the DDB with lid?

The cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the ribs. On average, it takes about 15-20 minutes to fully cook the ribs in the DDB with lid.

2. Can I use any type of ribs for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of ribs for this recipe. However, we recommend using baby back ribs or spare ribs for the best results.

3. Do I need to add water or any other liquid when microwaving the ribs?

No, the DDB with lid is designed to trap moisture and create steam while cooking, so no additional liquid is necessary.

4. Can I add barbecue sauce to the ribs before microwaving them?

Yes, you can add barbecue sauce to the ribs before microwaving them. Just be sure to coat the ribs evenly with the sauce before placing them in the DDB with lid.

5. Are the ribs fully cooked when they come out of the microwave?

Yes, the ribs will be fully cooked when they come out of the microwave. However, for a crispy and caramelized exterior, we recommend finishing them on the grill or under the broiler for a few minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Leigh0725
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • chef2you