• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Chicken in DCB: Microwave Lid?

In summary, Jenn says to cook it with the lid on, Melinda says to cook it with the lid off, and Susan says to cook it with the lid on.
Leigh0725
Just a really quick question for those that have done this at shows. With the chicken in the DCB, do you cook it in the microwave with or without the lid? I saw one posting that had it covered and one that didn't? I'm looking at doing this for my September shows along with some sort of dessert utilizing the cookware. TIA!

I cook it with the lid on. At home, I pop in in the oven for 5 mins to crisp the skin a bit... at a show, I probably wouldn't do that, I would just mention it.

I cook it with the lid off. You will have to wipe down the micro after you are done. Either way you cook it, make sure to let the chicken sit for 10 min before you remove it from the DCB to cut it.

Hmmmm, thinking maybe we'll cook it with the lid on so that we're not making a mess in the microwave. :) May have to try it out at home first.

I always do it with the lid on - I have never done this recipe at a show - I have only done it at home...but I always keep the lid on.

I've done it both ways. It is better with the lid off.

The skin has a "better" texture.

I didn't notice a difference with or without the lid on...other than a complete MESS of my microwave! So, I now do mine with the lid ON.

jenniferknapp said:
I cook it with the lid on. At home, I pop in in the oven for 5 mins to crisp the skin a bit... at a show, I probably wouldn't do that, I would just mention it.

Jenn, What temp to do you set your oven on for the 5 min browning?

I cook mine with the lid on as indicated in the recipe. I may be doing this at one of my September shows.

Susan :)

In the recipe that i got here it says with the lid off in microwave then whenit reched 165 take out put lid on and let stand 10 min with lid on. I turned out great. I did it at hoime for a practice for next week

I have yet to try the 30-minute chicken in my DCB. But I have a question. As a good disciple of Alton Brown and Cook's Illustrated/America's Test Kitchen, I've gotten into brining just about everything I roast (especially chicken). Has anyone tried 30-minute brined chicken? I'd love to learn about your results comparing brined with un-brined. Thanks!

I jsut made this for dinner last night! The recipe I pulled from Consultant Corner says to microwave uncovered, until Thermometer registers 165 degrees - then remove from micro, cover with lid and rest 10 minutes until temp raises to 170.

I didn't have a mess at all in my microwave...guess I got lucky! I have not ever done this for a show - my carving skills are very lacking and I don't think I would be comfortable.

Melinda

I just wanted to share that I made this last night for dinner...my brother was driving me nuts though since he was playing 20 questions to decide if he would like it before he even tried it. So I made it and we all loved it. I put it in for 25 minutes and figured that I would then check the temp and when I checked the temp after 25 minutes it was at 180 which really surprised me because it was a little over 4lbs. Anyway I just wanted to share that we liked it.

I have seriously made this about 100 times between home and shows.....always have made it exactly as the recipe states - with the lid off.....and I have NEVER had any sort of mess at all - perfect chicken every time.

As far as brining - Brining is something you do so that your chicken/meat stays juicy and moist......so it's not needed when doing the 30 minute chicken. It is the juiciest, moistest chicken you will ever eat! And this is coming from a total skeptic who thought that doing a chicken in the microwave was the most disgusting sounding thing ever!

I also cook it with the lid off, and have had no messes!

Related to Cooking Chicken in DCB: Microwave Lid?

1. How long does it take to cook chicken in the DCB with the microwave lid?

The cooking time for chicken in the DCB with the microwave lid will vary depending on the size and type of chicken. As a general rule, boneless chicken breasts will take 8-10 minutes to cook, while bone-in chicken pieces may take 12-15 minutes. It is important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.

2. Can I use the microwave lid on the DCB to cook frozen chicken?

Yes, the microwave lid can be used to cook frozen chicken. However, it is recommended to thaw the chicken before cooking to ensure even cooking and to prevent the chicken from becoming tough.

3. Do I need to add liquid when cooking chicken in the DCB with the microwave lid?

No, the DCB is designed to use the natural juices from the chicken to create steam and cook the chicken. Adding additional liquid is not necessary and may result in an overcooked or watery chicken dish.

4. Can I marinate the chicken in the DCB before cooking with the microwave lid?

Yes, you can marinate the chicken in the DCB before cooking with the microwave lid. However, it is important to use a marinade that does not contain high amounts of sugar, as this can cause the chicken to burn during cooking.

5. How do I know when the chicken is done cooking in the DCB with the microwave lid?

The best way to know when the chicken is done cooking is by using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165°F to be considered safe to eat. If you do not have a meat thermometer, you can also check the chicken for doneness by making a small cut in the thickest part of the chicken and ensuring that the juices run clear.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • stephanieboyd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jori-sc
  • DebPC