• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Client Does Not Believe in Using a Microwave

In summary, the chicken takes about 15 minutes to cook in the small ridge baker or the 12 inch skillet, while the grill pan takes about 3 minutes. The creamy one pot pasta takes about 25 minutes to cook in the oven, while the nugget sized pork chops cook in about 15 minutes.
jkowalski
I am doing a healthy show where I am not supposed to mention cooking food in the microwave. I would like to give share quick healthy recipes that do no involve a microwave does anyone have any ideas? I am making fresh Salsa and plan on showing off the small ridge baker and DCB.

How long does chicken take took cook in the small ridge baker and DCB in the oven?

I would mention chicken your way on either the grill pan w/press or the 12" skillet. The grill pan is great for shrimp skewers, turkey burgers, as well as chicken.

Discuss how quick and easy it is to make a hotdish in the 12" skillet. Brown the meat, add the veggies and liquids, get it all hot and bubbly on top of the stove, add some dumplings or Tator Tots and dinner's done in a flash. I LOVE my skillet!

I know that for myself, I've pretty much quit using the microwave for cooking meals, and quick has a different meaning for me than probably most people - if this is for someone who isn't using the micro, their main concern may not be getting dinner ready in 15 min. or less.

The 12 inch skillet is a great tool - a recipe that is wonderful in it for showing a faster one dish meal is the creamy one pot pasta. Add some chicken that was grilled in the grill pan for a two dish meal! ;)

I use the microwave at shows, but not for me or the children anymore. I don't use one at home at all anymore. The Mexican Chicken Lasagna takes about 25 min's in the oven. I buy the already cooked deli select meat so that I don't have to prep that too. Go back to the make-ahead things. Talk about how they can prep chicken in advance & have it frozen already ready diced & ready to add to their favorite recipe. Same goes with hamburger. Bring it home, scramble it, drain & freeze. Makes meal prep time go so much faster! ;)The grill pan rocks for non-microwave users. I'm really missing mine & looking forward to getting it back when the military finally sends all our property to me.I also have toddlers, so I cut up chicken & pork chops into nugget sized pieces, then coat & cook in the oven. They cook faster than a larger section of meat and it cools faster for the munchkins.

1. Why does Pampered Chef not support the use of microwaves?

At Pampered Chef, we believe in using high-quality, durable cookware that can withstand the test of time. Microwaves, on the other hand, can often cause food to become overcooked or unevenly heated, resulting in a less-than-ideal culinary experience. We also value the traditional cooking methods that allow for more hands-on and precise cooking techniques.

2. Can I use any Pampered Chef products in the microwave?

While we do not recommend using microwaves for cooking, our stoneware and ceramic cookware can be safely used in the microwave for reheating food. However, please note that metal or any other non-microwave safe products should not be used in the microwave.

3. What are the potential health risks of using a microwave?

There have been some concerns about the potential health risks associated with microwaves, including the potential for radiation leakage and the potential for certain chemicals to leach into food. While there is no conclusive evidence of these risks, we believe in erring on the side of caution and promoting traditional cooking methods.

4. Can I still use Pampered Chef products if I only have a microwave?

Yes, absolutely! While we do not recommend using microwaves for cooking, our products can still be used for prepping and serving food in the microwave. Additionally, our products can also be used in traditional ovens and stovetops, making them versatile and suitable for various cooking methods.

5. Are there any alternatives to using a microwave for quick cooking?

Yes, there are plenty of alternatives to using a microwave for quick cooking. Some options include using a toaster oven, a pressure cooker, or a convection oven. These appliances offer faster cooking times while still maintaining the quality and taste of your food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaryannNic
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • ChefDi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • msmileyface