1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Mr. Yoshida's teriyaki sauce for DCB or grill pan

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Are you guys familiar w/ Mr. Yoshida's teriyaki sauce? Many years ago, I had a friend make me teriyaki chicken once that was just sooooo good. :love: I asked her how she made it and that's what she said she used. I bought some a long time ago and tried to make some and it just wasn't as good. :(

Fast forward to today. I have chicken thighs and at Costco I found this large container of Mr. Yoshida's sauce. So I bought it and now am wondering the best way to cook it. Would you think I'd have the best success w/ marinating it? Would you use the grill pan, cook it in the microwave in the DCB, or put it in the rectangular baker and cook it in the oven? Or do you have another way that would be good?

Jun 30, 2009
  2. I LOVE that stuff. I use it all the time. I marinate it but i've also just cooked stuff with it on the stove top. For me anytime i've used it, it's ALWAYS good. :) Hope that helps a little bit.

Jun 30, 2009
  3. Whenever we use it, we marinate chicken with a 50/50 mix of Yoshida's and pineapple juice. Yumm! Maybe that will be dinner tomorrow nite! I like it grilled best!

Sheryl

Jul 1, 2009
  4. casescafe

casescafe Member

Instead of "store bought, try the making the sauce in the "Teriyaki Pork Kebabs with Asian Rice" recipe in the Casual Cooking book. Homemade is always better than store bought!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
    Jul 1, 2009
  5. KellyCooks

KellyCooks Novice Member Gold Member

I have marinated chicken in it and then grilled it. I recently just poured some over 10 chicken thighs in the 12" skillet. (It's good, but not as good as my homemade sauce that I was planning to make until I realized I didn't have enough soy sauce.) A customer said she makes "Yoshida meatballs." I think she just simmers meatballs in the sauce.

Kelly

Jul 1, 2009
Have something to add?