• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking the Perfect DCB: Recipes for a Whole Chicken

In summary, the cooking time for a whole chicken in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) will vary depending on the weight of the chicken, with a general rule of 20 minutes per pound. No additional liquid is needed when cooking a whole chicken in the DCB as it is designed to lock in moisture. The DCB is safe for cooking frozen foods, but the cooking time will be longer than for thawed chicken. Vegetables and other ingredients can be added to the DCB with the whole chicken as long as they are cut into small pieces and placed around the chicken in a single layer. The DCB can be used in both the oven and microwave, with specific instructions for each appliance.
PCSarahjm
Does anyone have a good recipe for the DCB? I have a whole chicken and thought I would try one of the Microwave recipes. Thanks

You were really joking with this post right? I can't imagine anyone in this company don't know what to do with a chicken and a DCB. :)

Here is a delicious and easy recipe for a DCB (Deep Covered Baker) chicken:Ingredients:- 1 whole chicken (about 4-5 pounds)- 2 tablespoons olive oil- 2 cloves of garlic, minced- 1 teaspoon dried thyme- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary- 1 teaspoon dried oregano- 1 teaspoon salt- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper- 1 lemon, cut into wedges- 1 onion, sliced- 1 cup chicken broth or waterInstructions:1. Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels.2. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary, oregano, salt, and pepper.3. Rub the mixture all over the chicken, including inside the cavity.4. Place the lemon wedges and onion slices inside the chicken cavity.5. Place the chicken in the DCB.6. Pour the chicken broth or water into the bottom of the DCB.7. Cover the DCB with the lid and microwave on high for 15 minutes.8. Carefully remove the lid and baste the chicken with the juices.9. Re-cover the DCB and microwave on high for an additional 15 minutes.10. Check the internal temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer. It should read 165°F when inserted into the thickest part of the thigh.11. If the chicken is not fully cooked, continue microwaving in 5-minute increments until it reaches the desired temperature.12. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!

1. How long should I cook a whole chicken in the Deep Covered Baker?

The cooking time for a whole chicken in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) will vary depending on the weight of the chicken. As a general rule, cook the chicken for 20 minutes per pound. For example, a 4-pound chicken would take approximately 80 minutes to cook in the DCB.

2. Do I need to add any liquid to the DCB when cooking a whole chicken?

No, the DCB is designed to lock in moisture and create a steamy environment for cooking. You do not need to add any additional liquid when cooking a whole chicken in the DCB.

3. Can I use the DCB to cook a frozen whole chicken?

Yes, the DCB is safe to use for cooking frozen foods. However, the cooking time will be longer than if using a thawed chicken. It is important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F before serving.

4. Can I add vegetables or other ingredients to the DCB with the whole chicken?

Yes, you can add vegetables or other ingredients to the DCB with the whole chicken. Just make sure they are cut into small pieces and placed around the chicken in a single layer. This will ensure they are cooked evenly and thoroughly.

5. Can I use the DCB in the oven or only in the microwave?

The DCB can be used in both the oven and the microwave. However, it is important to follow the specific instructions for using it in each appliance. For oven use, make sure to preheat the oven before placing the DCB inside. For microwave use, do not preheat the microwave and make sure to use the correct power level and cooking time as specified in the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• aksusan
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
AmyDare
  • smartcookie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
smartcookie
  • cincychef