• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookie Exchange and Kids in the Kitchen Shows

In summary, Jill Bean is planning to offer a variety of shows for children, including Cookie Exchange and Kids in the Kitchen, in addition to the existing Power Cooking, Barbecue, and Christmas Shows. She is looking for ways to advertise these shows to make them more accessible to potential customers.
babywings76
Gold Member
So I was talking with my host on Saturday after her show and she was asking me about some things when the topic came up about offering these different style shows. I mentioned the power cooking, cookie exchange (Homemade for the Holidays, also), and the Kids in the kitchen Shows (or mother/daughter baking show) She was so excited to hear about these types of shows and wondered if I had more info on my website.

Anyway, it got me thinking that maybe I should put something together to have on the website. Has anyone done something or put something together that would be a flyer format or something that could be posted on the PWS? Any ideas on how to put them in? I think there are scripts already about the power cooking, but need to see if there is one about the homemade for the holidays. If there is, maybe there I could tweak it to also offer the Cookie Exchange party?

Bumping...For the kids in the kitchen, what are some ideas that could go with our current products? The ones in the files use products we don't sell anymore. Has anyone done this recently and have a new flyer to share?I guess mainly I'm wondering how to advertise all these options so people can see they can do something like this if a standard cooking show doesn't really excite them.

Hi! I am sorry I do not know how to POST links - but if you go to the FILES section and search for Cookie Exchange there is a document in there from -11-13-2006 - you can probably draw from that for wording for your website!!

I am sure you could do a similar search for a document on the Kids in the Kitchen shows...hope this helps!

babywings76 said:
Bumping...

For the kids in the kitchen, what are some ideas that could go with our current products? The ones in the files use products we don't sell anymore. Has anyone done this recently and have a new flyer to share?

I guess mainly I'm wondering how to advertise all these options so people can see they can do something like this if a standard cooking show doesn't really excite them.

Kids in the Kitchen Items (depending on age- really young kid stuff in bold):

Safe Cutter
Small Bar Pan
Creative Cutters
Pastry Mat
Mini-Muffin Pans
Mini Tart Shaper

Decorator Bottle Set
Easy Accent Decorator
Plate Art & Stencil Set
Creative Cutters Set
Micro-Cookers
Stainless Steel Scoops
Bamboo Spoon Set
Apple Wedger
Apple Peeler - Corer-Slicer
Crinkle Cutter
Food Chopper
Handy Scrapers
Cut-N-Seal
Finger Guard
Coating Trays & Tools
Ice Cream Sandwich Maker
Measure All Cup

Mini Whipper
Mini Serving Spatula

All Purpose Spreader
Suds Pump
Smooth Edge Can Opener
Measure Mix & Pour
Citrus Press
Garlic Press
Citrus Peeler
Kitchen Spritzer

I know it seeems like our entire catalog - but my kids have helped me in the kitchen since forever ... they are now 26, 24, 22, and 16 - my 3 year old grandaughter helps me now.

babywings76 said:
Bumping...

For the kids in the kitchen, what are some ideas that could go with our current products? The ones in the files use products we don't sell anymore. Has anyone done this recently and have a new flyer to share?

I guess mainly I'm wondering how to advertise all these options so people can see they can do something like this if a standard cooking show doesn't really excite them.

As far as how to advertise ... maybe you can do Mommy and Me shows, or how about Cookie Class where kids can learn to make easy drop cookies for the holidays, or a Variation on the HommeMade for the Holidays where they can put mixes together in the Prep Bowls or Small Batter Bowls ...
or maybe "I'm a Big Kid Now" shows where older kids learn to make after school snacks in the microwave and toaster oven...

sorry to go on & on ..

I don't have a flyer but I just typed up what it was about (I will be having one next month) and put it on the Homepage of my website. I will update it as the menu is finalized. You can see what I have so far. The end of my website is jillbean.
I can tell you that I will be making the brownies with the peppermint stick and I will be doing an ornament that the kids can eat if they wish. You make it out of flour tortillas and it is really easy! You cut the tortilla, like you would a piece of paper, to make a snowflake. The shears can be used. Then you brush them with a glaze and the glitter that you can eat (basting brush) and pop them in the over (on a piece of Stone) for a few minutes!
If you'll PM me through my website, I will send you a menu when I finalize it this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
jillbean said:
I don't have a flyer but I just typed up what it was about (I will be having one next month) and put it on the Homepage of my website. I will update it as the menu is finalized. You can see what I have so far. www.papmeredchef.biz/jillbean
I can tell you that I will be making the brownies with the peppermint stick and I will be doing an ornament that the kids can eat if they wish. You make it out of flour tortillas and it is really easy! You cut the tortilla, like you would a piece of paper, to make a snowflake. The shears can be used. Then you brush them with a glaze and the glitter that you can eat (basting brush) and pop them in the over (on a piece of Stone) for a few minutes!
If you'll PM me through my website, I will send you a menu when I finalize it this week.

You need to remove the link to your website it is against the rules.

I did remove it; however, if you will notice the spelling (in your quote)you'll notice it isn't a link to my website. I did that on purpose. We all know how to get there; it's just shorter than typing all of this out, since I knew that most anyone on here would be looking at the last of the link. I think you proved my point.

I did realize it after I had posted. You are paying attention to details that I obviously am not. I must be getting tired.

That's ok. I just do that because I'm too lazy to type! LOL

jillbean said:
I don't have a flyer but I just typed up what it was about (I will be having one next month) and put it on the Homepage of my website. I will update it as the menu is finalized. You can see what I have so far. The end of my website is jillbean.

I'd be interested to see what you are doing for the cookies/ornaments with the kids. I've had someone approach me about this and honestly, I just am totally blank when it comes to cookies and kids. BLANK!!!

I'm doing a Holiday Kids in the Kitchen Workshop. We are making Pepperoni Pizza Pockets, Cookie Cutouts, Brownie Lollipops (I altered the recipe for the kids) and Punch. If anyone wants details, more info or wants to see an invite just let me know.

Good luck on yours!

ChefJWarren said:
I'm doing a Holiday Kids in the Kitchen Workshop. We are making Pepperoni Pizza Pockets, Cookie Cutouts, Brownie Lollipops (I altered the recipe for the kids) and Punch. If anyone wants details, more info or wants to see an invite just let me know.

Good luck on yours!

I'd love to see more info and your invite. You can post it here, if you want, or if you'd rather PM me, or email me, feel free... :)

I did my invite through Evite and its posted on my calendar at /jessicawarren.

I've attached a file that has the wording I used in my Evite. I'm also giving each parent an order form that I've also attached. That way when they see how excited their child is to use a certain tool, it'll be easier to pick out and order.

We are making Pepperoni Pizza Pockets with the Cut N Seal, Cookie Cutouts with the Creative Cutters, Brownie Lollipops in the Mini Muffin Pan and Punch in the Quick Stir Pitcher. We are making one recipe at a time - when the pockets go in the oven, we'll start on the cookies, when they are ready to go in the pockets will come out (they can snack on them as we start on the lollipops), when the brownies are ready to go in the cookies will come out and then we'll make punch. I figure we'll decorate the cookies and brownies when they are both out and cooled.

I'll have gift displays out with cattys. Parents can then shop, finish out orders and the kids can take their treats home in their totes.

I figure I'm not losing any money and I'm making commission on all the cutter sets ordered. Plus any sales I get from parents. I've had a HUGE response for this. The parents who usually show no interest in PC were the first to sign up. They are very excited to get their kids cooking! I have 24 kids total - its split into 2 shows. I'm excited to see how it all turns out. Its this Saturday so wish me luck!

Attachments

• PC-Kids in the Kitchen Order Form.doc
    131.5 KB · Views: 345
  • PC-Kids in the Kitchen.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 565
That sounds great! Thanks for sharing!!! :)

Care to share your recipes for the punch and pizza pockets? :blushing:

Pizza Pockets - its one I found on here using bread, sauce, pepperoni and cheese
Punch - Sprite, Berry Juice, sherbert scooped with dipper and cut up fruit with My Safe Cutters

What did you use for the tote's? Also did you change anything with the brownie's other then baking them in the mini muffin pan? Thank you so much for sharing this awsome tip!!!

I bought 8 4-pack colored totes at Hobby Lobby (craft store). With a coupon I got them for less than $1 each. I wrote each child's name - really cute - with a white paint pen on them.

No, I didn't change anything else. I decorated them the same way as the cookbook also.

c00p said:
I'd be interested to see what you are doing for the cookies/ornaments with the kids. I've had someone approach me about this and honestly, I just am totally blank when it comes to cookies and kids. BLANK!!!

I'm just doing creative cutters and sprinkles. We will be making the sugar cookie dough.

As for the ornament, Google Sweet Tortilla Snowflake.

ChefJWarren said:
We are making Pepperoni Pizza Pockets with the Cut N Seal, Cookie Cutouts with the Creative Cutters, Brownie Lollipops in the Mini Muffin Pan and Punch in the Quick Stir Pitcher. We are making one recipe at a time - when the pockets go in the oven, we'll start on the cookies, when they are ready to go in the pockets will come out (they can snack on them as we start on the lollipops), when the brownies are ready to go in the cookies will come out and then we'll make punch. I figure we'll decorate the cookies and brownies when they are both out and cooled.

OMG! That's Brilliant! :love: I'm working with a Brownie troop wanting to earn a Try-It and we're going to do Homemade for the Holidays...I wanted to try the Brownie Lollipops but was daunted by the steps and not sure I wanted to have all the 2nd graders' hands all over the brownies :p. I love using the MMP for that instead! Then we can decorate, etc.

Thanks for the idea! :thumbup:

1. What is a Cookie Exchange and Kids in the Kitchen Show?

A Cookie Exchange and Kids in the Kitchen Show is a fun and interactive cooking demonstration where kids can learn how to make delicious treats while also exchanging cookies with their friends.

2. How do I host a Cookie Exchange and Kids in the Kitchen Show?

To host a Cookie Exchange and Kids in the Kitchen Show, simply contact your local Pampered Chef consultant and schedule a date. They will bring all the necessary ingredients and supplies, and guide the kids through the recipes.

3. What age group is the Cookie Exchange and Kids in the Kitchen Show suitable for?

The Cookie Exchange and Kids in the Kitchen Show is suitable for children ages 5 and up. Younger children may need adult supervision, but older kids can participate independently.

4. What recipes are featured in the Cookie Exchange and Kids in the Kitchen Show?

The recipes featured in the Cookie Exchange and Kids in the Kitchen Show vary, but they are all kid-friendly and easy to make. Some examples include chocolate chip cookies, fruit dip, and mini pizzas.

5. Are there any discounts or special offers for hosting a Cookie Exchange and Kids in the Kitchen Show?

Yes! As a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your show. You can also earn additional rewards by booking future shows with your Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lesliec
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies