• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Commit to Earning the Trip: 3 Changes for 2009

In summary, the person wants to earn the trip to travel to different cooking shows across the country. They will change three things for 2009 in order to make it happen. They plan on moving their computer and files downstairs, organizing their papers, and wearing logo wear. They also want to enroll their kids in the business and use them to help with the work. Lastly, the person wants to recruit others to join them on the trip.
beepampered
So who is committing to earning the trip? What three things will you change in 2009 so that you can make it happen? Once my dh is onboard (he still wonders if PC is worth the time and sometimes I begin to agree), I am going to:

1. move my computer and files downstairs so I'm not spending time going up/down retrieving phone numbers
2. organize papers and contact system to be more efficient. Throw away people who haven't booked so I'm not spending time on deadweight.
3. Wear logo wear more so that I can ask people I know more. Amazing, but most of my shows come from fairs and booths and many people I personally know don't even know I'm selling PC.

Give me ideas and let's get going!

Maximize your January by not focusing on it yet. Sounds counter-intuitive, but if you continue to have a strong November and December, you'll get more bookings for January from those shows. That's not to say "don't think about January at all" but don't make it your focus yet. Plus, any recruits you sign now who qualify in 2009 will count toward the 2009 trip.

Use your kids to help build your business. No, don't train them to do shows, but tell them that you're working as a family to earn the trip. If they know that every night Mommy does a show they're closer to the trip, they'll start asking you when your next show is. Tell them that you need to make phone calls so the family can travel - they'll be quiet so you can get the calls made. (You can also have a bag of "phone time toys" that they only get to play with while you're on the phone.) Kids can help label catalogs or other small tasks. And you can "pay" them with trip dollars that they can spend on souvenirs or snacks while on the trip.

I am so on board for this trip. I WILL be the first one we go on as a family. Granted I will have to "buy in" another child, but it is worth it. I have to sit down a lunch today and do the numbers. I am so psyched!

My number one goal is to become more efficient in my "office." I am going to do some rearranging this weekend, between shows. :)

My baby is due in early December, and the doctors thinks she could make her arrival as early as the week of Thanksgiving. That being said, I am not actively pursuing cooking shows in December. Since I just picked PC back up, after so many family illnesses and a death, I only have 2 cooking shows on tap for November. I'm hoping that both of those will yield January shows. I already have 2 on the books for Jan., with at least 1 more interested. We'll see what happens.

My goals for 2009 are:
1. 3-2-1...sounds simple, but life gets in the way sometimes, as well as my phone phobia. I got a very good lesson on how effective 3-2-1 can be when I called people that I sent out my mystery host email invites to, plus others I didn't have their email addys. Every one of the live contacts I made either signed right on to the mystery host show, booked a show in Nov, or booked in January. Granted, I only made about 10 live contacts in 3 days, but still, I'm happy. Shows me that calling my 3 contacts a day is absolutely worth it!!! :thumbup: However, I'm tweaking it so that I only do my 3 calls 5 days a week, instead of all 7, so that 2 days are for family/life...or my contacts will be live contacts at shows those 2 off days.

2. 6-8 shows/month. If I have that many cooking shows, then I am exposed to more people, with more potential bookings and recruits. Besides, with that many shows, my commission goes up as well. :thumbup:

3. Posting my goals where I can see them, complete with photos. My goals are to be able to provide extra income, stay home with my girls, pay my car payment, meet new people, and I'd love to earn the trip...but that would just be "icing", if you kwim.

4. Organization!!!

5. Leave my comfort zone and try new things. Talk to new people about PC. Pamper a business. Booths. Etc...you get the idea.

6. Recruit...this business offers so much potential to me, I need to offer it to others. It's their choice if they're interested and if they want to take advantage, but my responsibility to share.

7. Have fun!!! :D

How am I going to have the best 2009 EVER?1. 3 contacts a day 5 days a week!2. Better Host Coaching3. Customer Care Calls

ChefJoyJ said:
My baby is due in early December, and the doctors thinks she could make her arrival as early as the week of Thanksgiving. That being said, I am not actively pursuing cooking shows in December. Since I just picked PC back up, after so many family illnesses and a death, I only have 2 cooking shows on tap for November. I'm hoping that both of those will yield January shows. I already have 2 on the books for Jan., with at least 1 more interested. We'll see what happens.

My goals for 2009 are:
1. 3-2-1...sounds simple, but life gets in the way sometimes, as well as my phone phobia. I got a very good lesson on how effective 3-2-1 can be when I called people that I sent out my mystery host email invites to, plus others I didn't have their email addys. Every one of the live contacts I made either signed right on to the mystery host show, booked a show in Nov, or booked in January. Granted, I only made about 10 live contacts in 3 days, but still, I'm happy. Shows me that calling my 3 contacts a day is absolutely worth it!!! :thumbup: However, I'm tweaking it so that I only do my 3 calls 5 days a week, instead of all 7, so that 2 days are for family/life...or my contacts will be live contacts at shows those 2 off days.

2. 6-8 shows/month. If I have that many cooking shows, then I am exposed to more people, with more potential bookings and recruits. Besides, with that many shows, my commission goes up as well. :thumbup:

3. Posting my goals where I can see them, complete with photos. My goals are to be able to provide extra income, stay home with my girls, pay my car payment, meet new people, and I'd love to earn the trip...but that would just be "icing", if you kwim.

4. Organization!!!

5. Leave my comfort zone and try new things. Talk to new people about PC. Pamper a business. Booths. Etc...you get the idea.

6. Recruit...this business offers so much potential to me, I need to offer it to others. It's their choice if they're interested and if they want to take advantage, but my responsibility to share.

7. Have fun!!! :D

You Put my Own goals down for me! :) Seriously, All of them! My #1 recruit (only active one) totally is pumping me up to get on the DW bandwagon!

heat123 said:
You Put my Own goals down for me! :) Seriously, All of them! My #1 recruit (only active one) totally is pumping me up to get on the DW bandwagon!

Now if I could only actually follow all of them... :rolleyes: :blushing: :)

Congrats on having a recruit! I seriously need to get past my "fear" of sharing the business, b/c you never know when someone's ready and if PC is exactly what they need in their lives right then...

What is the "Commit to Earning the Trip: 3 Changes for 2009" program?

The "Commit to Earning the Trip: 3 Changes for 2009" program is a new initiative by Pampered Chef to encourage consultants to work towards earning trips through their sales and recruitment efforts.

What are the 3 changes for 2009 in this program?

The 3 changes for 2009 in this program are: 1) a simplified point system for earning trips, 2) increased bonus opportunities for reaching certain milestones, and 3) a new track for consultants who are not interested in the trip but still want to earn rewards.

How do I earn points towards the trip?

Points can be earned through a variety of activities such as personal sales, sponsoring new consultants, and attending training events. Each activity has a designated point value and the more points you earn, the closer you are to earning the trip.

What are the bonus opportunities for reaching milestones?

There are two bonus opportunities for reaching milestones in the program. The first is a monetary bonus for reaching a certain number of points by a specific deadline. The second is a special recognition and exclusive training opportunity for top point earners.

What if I am not interested in the trip but still want to participate in the program?

If you are not interested in the trip, you can still participate in the program by choosing the "Rewards Track" option. This track allows you to earn rewards such as product credit and business supplies by reaching point milestones.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • CassieMarie
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Paula R. Lewis