• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Combining Online Orders to Save on Shipping

In summary, people cannot combine orders online or with multiple credit cards. They must do it themselves and present you with one order with one form of payment. The easiest route would be to create a catalog show on your web page with one of them as the host & let the rest enter their own order with "ship to host."
Becky0216
I have a few people that wish to place their orders online but they want them to be combined to save on shipping. Can they each do their orders online and I can put them all under one in PPP? If so, How would I get their credit cards to move to the new name?
Sorry if I am confusing anyone.

There is no way to do that with individual online orders. By the time you see an online order, it has already been processed.

I meant to order online under a show. sorry

Even ordering online on a show, there's only one credit card that can be entered. you'd have to do it manually on P3 for them. But, keep in mind that the warranty is affected. If Sally orders products on Jenny's order, only Jenny is listed as the purchaser. If something goes wrong with Sally's product, she can't just call the HO and get it resolved (either could you) because there's no record of HER purchasing it. Does that make sense?

That's why I try to avoid having people group orders together. I hope that makes sense!:blushing:

Orders aren't supposed to be combined to save on shipping.

I know people do it - it happens to me...but it's not something I'd encourage.

I just had a HUGE issue with it - because someone was wanting $$ back from PC for something that, according to my records, and PC's records - was never ordered by her, because she had added it to someone elses order to avoid shipping costs. It turned into a huge mess.

Plus, PC has great shipping rates, and the more that people abuse them, the more shipping rates will have to rise.

yes, that makes sense. I let them know about that already, but they are all purchasing small items and don't care about warranty. I will just tell them they have to call me to do it the way they want. Or they can have just one person do the order (for some reason they don't want to) and get money from each other.
Thanks

As noted, it can't be done online or with multiple credit cards. If they want to combine, then they need to do it themselves and present you with one order with one form of payment.

The easiest route to do what they are wanting to do would be to create a catalog show on your web page with one of them as the host & let the rest enter their own order with "ship to host" ... that way they are only paying $4 per person for shipping vs. individual shipping rates to their own house.

Becky0216 said:
yes, that makes sense. I let them know about that already, but they are all purchasing small items and don't care about warranty. I will just tell them they have to call me to do it the way they want. Or they can have just one person do the order (for some reason they don't want to) and get money from each other.
Thanks

Red flag to me...THEY don't want to combine orders yet want you to?

I'd say your policy is to enter orders as received from the customers. If you receive orders from 3 people and enter them as such.

If they combine, that is on them and they have to keep track of the purchase/receipts.

I had a show where they just tried to do that, but I explained warranty issues and the host managed to convince them to keep them separate. :D

Yeah, good host!

I completely understand people wanting to combine orders when they are purchasing something for under $10. After all, they are then paying almost 50% shipping. I don't see anything wrong with that at all. I don't typically have more than one person with much over $10 combining orders.I agree that they really need to do it for you though b/c then it's THEIR decision to be combining it. I would tell them either to put one order online or call you. I believe that you CAN use multiple credit cards though. I'm not sure how many. I also believe that you can see them on your website for awhile so you could manually enter them.

I don't know about entering more than one CC because the order is in "jane's" name, but there is Jane's credit card and jennifer's CC and Becky's CC. My CC company would not let jane use my cc to order something...does that make sense? It looks like someone's cc could be denied if its done this way. If they insist on combining I would tell them that they must each give you a check...cash would be better...or one person pay for it all and they give her the money.

As far as I know, the customer's credit card is not hit until we transfer the orders over.As long as they are ordering under a show ... you can make changes. I did this for a customer who didn't realize I'd be happy to bring the bar pan to her.I have also entered multiple methods of payment on a single order. The only way I EVER combine shipping is if the customer is ordering a VERY SMALL ITEM (under $10.) I can't see someone paying $4 shipping on a $3 corn butterer, for example.But yes, shipping is already inexpensive and it will save the customer headaches down the road if they don't combine. My previous product line charged $6 shipping on every order and required each party to have at least 2 orders. Plus the host paid shipping and the shipping was taxed!

What is the benefit of combining online orders to save on shipping?

Combining online orders allows you to save money on shipping costs by consolidating multiple items into one shipment instead of paying for each item to be shipped separately.

How do I combine multiple orders to save on shipping?

To combine orders, simply contact our customer service team and provide them with the order numbers you wish to combine. They will then process the orders together and adjust the shipping cost accordingly.

Is there a limit to how many orders I can combine?

No, there is no limit to the number of orders you can combine. However, keep in mind that larger orders may require a longer processing time.

Can I still use discounts and promotions when combining orders?

Yes, you can still use any applicable discounts or promotions when combining orders. The total amount of the combined orders will be used to calculate the discount.

Is combining orders available for international shipping?

Unfortunately, at this time, combining orders for international shipping is not available. However, we are constantly working to improve our shipping options and will update our policies accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampchef.angel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchef.angel
Replies