• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are There Changes to Shipping and Handling Charges for Spring/Summer 2007?

In summary, there have been changes to the shipping and handling charges for the spring/summer 2007 season. These changes are due to increased costs in the shipping industry. Guests in Alaska and Hawaii will now be charged 15% shipping and handling, plus $2 for Cooking Shows. A new level has been added for direct shipping orders over $130 with a base rate of 11%. Customers in Alaska and Hawaii will also need to add $5 to all base shipping rates. 2-Day Air charges have increased by $5 and Next Day charges have increased by $1. New Consultants who joined between Dec. 15, 2006 and Jan. 21, 2007 have the option to purchase a Product Upgrade or
PampMomof3
Gold Member
What?? Does that mean we charge 11% for each order? I'm confused! I feel sorry for Gillian!:(

Revised Shipping & Handling Charges
We want to advise you of some shipping and handling charge changes for the spring/summer 2007 season. These changes are being implemented to account for increased costs the shipping industry has experienced over time.

Guests in Alaska and Hawaii will be charged 15% shipping and handling, plus $2. This update applies to Cooking Shows.

Direct Shipping for Online Orders:

A level has been added for orders totaling $130 and over. The base rate will be 11%.
Customers in Alaska and Hawaii will need to add $5 to all base shipping rates.

2-Day Air charges have increased by $5, so the new charge for 2-Day Air will be $15. That charge will be in addition to the base rate, which varies based on order value.

Next Day charges have increased by $1, so the new charge for Next Day will be $20. That charge will be in addition to the base rate, which varies based on order value.

when did you get that?? So I am confused... since I live in Indiana It will still be the standard rate, unless they want direct shipping, 2 day, ro next day... Is that correct??
TIA

I don't know. I don't think it really makes sense. I got it in my inbox at 5:55

I got it too a few minutes ago. I didn't know if that the standard rates still applied and that what they mentioned was all that was changing?

New Consultants whose initial agreement date is between Dec. 15, 2006 and Jan. 21, 2007 who would like to have the same products as the New Consultant Kit, have the option to purchase a Product Upgrade, as well as the option to switch to the New Consultant Rewards Program. To order a Product Upgrade or switch to the New Consultant Rewards Program, these new Consultants must call the Solution Center by Jan. 21.that is great....recruit now!! I say to keep them in the current rewards program, but to purchase the product update kit....i just wonder how much that is!

I haven't got my email yet, but I went to CC and read it. I'm confused! It doesn't say anything about regular cooking show shipping in the 48 contiguous states. I hope our shipping doesn't go up tremendously!

It looks to me like the only changes are for alaska and hawaii..

jenniferknapp said:
It looks to me like the only changes are for alaska and hawaii..
I hope that's what it is (sorry Gill and others....) My director is going to call in a little while, I'll try and remember to ask about that.

It sounds a little more clear now. In the 48 states only for orders over the $130 and if they want 2day or next day s&H

The shipping changes are applied to direct shipping for online orders costs and also to Alaska and Hawaii

Getting screwed once again!! Darnit!!

How do your customers feel about the current shipping charges? Are there a lot of consultants in AK?

That sucks!! Guests in Alaska and Hawaii will be charged 15% shipping and handling, plus $2. This update applies to Cooking Shows.

How much was it before Gillian?

Alaskans are pretty used to paying high shipping charges, but this is getting out of hand!! It is actually cheaper to direct ship orders over $100 than paying 15% ($14 instead of $15) of the order total. I just don't see why they have to do this!!

Before it was just 15%, which I think is PLENTY!! The good thing before was people could buy something tiny and pay a tiny charge! Now it will be more than the item to ship a smaller thing!

I wonder if this increase is b/c of FedEx or would have been done anyway regardless?

maybe that's why they switched? perhaps UPS rates were raising so they found a cheaper source??

That has to be so frustrating Gillian - I am sorry for you!

What is "Weekly Bites Today"?

"Weekly Bites Today" is a weekly email newsletter sent out to Pampered Chef consultants that features the latest product releases, promotions, and business tips. It is a great resource for staying up-to-date with the company and growing your business.

How do I sign up for "Weekly Bites Today"?

If you are a Pampered Chef consultant, you are automatically signed up to receive "Weekly Bites Today" emails. If for some reason you are not receiving them, please contact our customer service team and they can assist you.

Can I customize the content I receive in "Weekly Bites Today"?

Unfortunately, at this time we do not offer the option to customize the content in "Weekly Bites Today". However, we strive to include a variety of content that will benefit all consultants.

What should I do if I am not receiving "Weekly Bites Today" emails?

If you are not receiving "Weekly Bites Today" emails, please check your spam or junk folder. If you still do not see them, please contact our customer service team to ensure your email address is correctly entered in our system.

Can I share the content from "Weekly Bites Today" on social media?

Yes, you are welcome to share the content from "Weekly Bites Today" on your social media platforms. We encourage you to spread the word about new products and promotions to help grow your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg