• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bet It Is Smartpost... (Apo/Fpo)

In summary, the Pampered Chef is now shipping to Army Post Office and Fleet Post Office addresses using a new method. The update to the outside order form includes the preprinted $4 fee. The changes to shipping to APO and FPO addresses are effective immediately.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Dear Consultant,

As you know, we changed the sales receipt this season, removing the preprinted $4 ship to host fee. That change was made to facilitate either ship to host or direct ship orders. Many of you have expressed concern about this change.

In response to your requests, we’ve updated the downloadable outside order form to once again include the preprinted $4 fee. In addition, we added a separate box for customers to write in a direct shipping charge if they choose to use that service.

Updated outside order forms for April, May and June are available for download on Consultant’s Corner now. Unfortunately, we are unable to reprint the sales receipt but will make the same changes for the fall selling season.

We also want to let you know that effective immediately, we’re making some changes to the way we ship packages to Army Post Office (APO) and Fleet Post Office (FPO) addresses.

Earlier this year, we increased our shipping rates to all noncontiguous U.S. locations due to increased shipping costs. The noncontiguous U.S. locations had included APO and FPO addresses. As a result, we heard from many Consultants doing business abroad at military bases that they were concerned about the effect the new rates would have on their businesses.

We’re pleased to let you know that we have found a solution to address our Consultants’ concerns. Beginning this week, all APO and FPO packages to New York, San Francisco or Miami Military Post Offices will ship using a new method. As a result, we’re now able to charge the same shipping rates for APO and FPO direct and host shipping as in the 48 contiguous states. Although it may take an additional 4-7 days to receive deliveries, we know that by removing the additional $5 direct shipping charge, Consultants in these areas will be able to remain competitive and continue to build their businesses. We’ll be holding a conference call this week with all Consultants who have APO and FPO addresses to share this news.

The Pampered Chef is a registered trademark.

When someone hears what shipping service this is, yell, I'm curious! I'm betting my money on SmartPost (now owned by FedEx)...based on "the additional 4-7 days" statement.

Curious to see how that works for all of you on military bases....

Janet,

We can only get USPS overseas. It isn't really 4-7 days, it's whenever there is space available on a transport plane that is coming over here. Most of the time it is pretty quick, but not always!!!

HTH

stephanieboyd said:
Janet,

We can only get USPS overseas. It isn't really 4-7 days, it's whenever there is space available on a transport plane that is coming over here. Most of the time it is pretty quick, but not always!!!

HTH

SmartPost is that..they are a "third party". They transport from the DC to the closest USPS post office and drop there for delivery. They piggy back on the FedEx trucks often to take advantage of the transportation routes. UPS has a similar service too - forget the name off the top of my head. Many large companies do this to save money.

I just ordered the pink ribbon shirts from Coldwater Creek, and they were shipped via Smartpost - first time I'd ever heard of it. They showed up in my mailbox today!

ChefBeckyD said:
I just ordered the pink ribbon shirts from Coldwater Creek, and they were shipped via Smartpost - first time I'd ever heard of it. They showed up in my mailbox today!
I ordered as well from Coldwater Creek and they were shipped Smartpost, but I haven't gotten them yet. :( How many days from when they said it shipped did it take to get to you? Mine were shipped on the 23rd, but I'm not sure where it's coming from. I went a little nuts and bought $100 worth of stuff, including that $25 off coupon!!:eek:

I've actually had a few customers ask why they WEREN'T using Smartpost if they had a contract with FEDEX. I guess GNC and a couple other companies use it to ship to APOs. And as long as it's still considered First Class/Priority when it hits the USPS, it has priority to get to us (space required versus space available). There are strict rules about how First Class/Priroity is handled, thought they aren't ALWAYS abided by once it hits the military postal system.

Since it's already after 11 pm here, I guess I will go ahead and dial in for our 12 midnight (my time) conference call about the APO shipping changes.

I'll post what I find out and I'm guessing Stephanie will too.

What is Bet It Is Smartpost (APO/FPO)?

Bet It Is Smartpost is a shipping service offered by Pampered Chef specifically for APO/FPO addresses. It allows customers to send packages to military and diplomatic personnel stationed overseas.

How does Bet It Is Smartpost work for APO/FPO addresses?

When using Bet It Is Smartpost, your package will first be shipped to a processing center in the continental United States, where it will be sorted and then forwarded to the appropriate APO/FPO address. This process may add a few extra days to the delivery time.

What are the shipping fees for Bet It Is Smartpost (APO/FPO)?

The shipping fees for Bet It Is Smartpost are the same as our standard shipping fees. However, there may be additional charges for oversized or heavy items. Please refer to our website or contact customer service for more information.

How long does it take for a package to be delivered using Bet It Is Smartpost (APO/FPO)?

Delivery times for Bet It Is Smartpost can vary depending on the final destination, but on average it may take 2-3 weeks for a package to be delivered to an APO/FPO address.

Can I track my package when using Bet It Is Smartpost (APO/FPO)?

Yes, you can track your package using the tracking number provided in your shipping confirmation email. However, tracking updates may be limited once the package has been forwarded to the APO/FPO address.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hoosierchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jasonmva
  • Triciascucina
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
legacypc46
Replies