• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Closing Out Show: Can Host Special Carry Over?

In summary, the Avon rep says she has hosted many parties and her friend always calls home office to get a consultant. The Avon rep told the host not to cancel the party because it would be unfair to her friend.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
I have a show right now that is closing out. One of her outside order ladies wanted to do a kitchen show at the end of this month. I can't do it, and she actually said she has another consultant that she knows who she will contact. I still put her in as a booking, so that my current host can get the host special through the new show. This will work, right? The show does NOT have to be held with me, right?

You are correct - the booking stays with the host.

Not sure that I would've been that nice though.... but that's just me, greedy! :rolleyes:

I would have done it.Remember, you don't make commission on past host specials anyway so she might not be purchasing more than that....and a happy customer will come back to you...who knows when this lady will not like her consultant and realize how nice Kelly was to her customer/host.

Oh, and Kelly said she CAN'T do it...not like this lady purposely ran off...

okay... sorry... didn't mean that I would've yelled at the lady or anything, just wouldn't have given up a whole show (you do get commission on the show just not the host special) without trying to find another date that works for both of us.... if it came right down to it, then I would have done the same thing. I wouldn't make my host go without her host special just because I didn't get the show... Really I was just joking anyway, it was mainly just a silly comment on my part, sorry to offend anyone...:blushing:

I always mention that when a guest says "No, I have a consultant already". I have had a few book their parties with their own consultant and then MY host still gets the benefit. Everyone's happy!

Yup - that works! People sense if you try to force them to you and run.

Okay.... I was wrong... sorry, as I said, it was mostly a joke, I'll keep my jokes to myself from now on. Plus, I am never pushy, I am always willing to work with my hosts...

I got your joke ChefPaula :) I'm sure all is good.

learn something new every day!!

I did not know this either!!!!

I met an Avon rep who says she has parties all the time ... her friend called home office to get a consultant and she did not like who they sent so she was over the moon when she met me at a fair ... she already had a party scheduled with this lady. I told her to keep it because it wouldn't be fair to her friend to miss out on the booking benefit.

I'm glad they do it this way ... what if Sally Host signed up to be a consultant? Wouldn't her friends want to book with HER and not with me?

ChefPaulaB said:
Okay.... I was wrong... sorry, as I said, it was mostly a joke, I'll keep my jokes to myself from now on. Plus, I am never pushy, I am always willing to work with my hosts...

No worries, I doubt anyone took it wrong!

I can't do the show cuz I am due on Nov 14th and I am done with parties for right now. They are just getting to be too much for me to handle. She really wanted to have one before the end of the month...and I couldn't convince her to do a catty show or wait till I had the baby. Normally, I wouldn't have given up so easily!! ;)

ChefPaulaB said:

OK here...sorry if I missed the tone and you thought I came down hard. It's been a LONG week! I have a lot happening and a lot of ups and downs.

No worries, I probably took it too personally too, sometimes I tend to do that. All is good!:)

Kelly ~ f they want to have a party...don't forget to ask for catalog one to get you through this special time of your/hubby's life. Book LOTS of catalog parties and start setting up home parties when you think you're going to bounce back into biz. Good luck!

What is the Host Special Carry Over?

The Host Special Carry Over is a special offer that allows a host to carry over their earned host special from a previous show to their current show.

How does the Host Special Carry Over work?

If a host has earned a host special from a previous show, they can choose to use it towards their current show by selecting the Host Special Carry Over option during the closing out process.

Can the Host Special Carry Over be used with any show?

No, the Host Special Carry Over can only be used towards the next show the host is hosting. It cannot be carried over multiple shows.

Is there a limit to how many Host Special Carry Overs a host can use?

Yes, a host can only use one Host Special Carry Over per show.

Can the Host Special Carry Over be combined with other offers or discounts?

No, the Host Special Carry Over cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. It can only be used towards the regular priced items in the current show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • barbara_anne
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies