• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Closing a Show: What's a Money Order & How to Use It

Depending on where it's drawn from you may be able to cash it at a grocery store or even at post office if it's a postal money order. If it has a hold which it may not, my bank didn't used to hold them that's a newer policy. A personal check may have a longer hold on it honestly.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have a host who is closing her show. She said to tell her the total and she will mail me a money order. I have zero experience with a money order. What is it and how does it work? Will I be able to close her show before the end of the month?

The way I understand it, they pay cash for the money order. So it is like a "tracking system" for cash. She will have a record of it.

So in my opinion, it is better than a check.

You deposit in your account, it is like cash but in a check form. No waiting to clear her account.

A money order is basically a check that should be guaranteed funds. Depending on your banks policies there may be a hold on it when you deposit. My bank that I also work for holds postal money orders for one business day and all others ie western union, money gram etc are held based on their routing number either 2 or 5 business days. They are easy to forge which is the reason for holds here but usually they are good. You deposit it just like a check. She can still make it out to you, usually you buy a money order for around $.99 plus the amount that the money order is to be for. HTH

Oh that's nice! :) Thanks!

kcmckay said:
A money order is basically a check that should be guaranteed funds. Depending on your banks policies there may be a hold on it when you deposit. My bank that I also work for holds postal money orders for one business day and all others ie western union, money gram etc are held based on their routing number either 2 or 5 business days. They are easy to forge which is the reason for holds here but usually they are good. You deposit it just like a check. She can still make it out to you, usually you buy a money order for around $.99 plus the amount that the money order is to be for. HTH

Oh no! I hope it won't have a hold on it! Ugg. Well, I'll wait and see what happens.

babywings76 said:
Oh no! I hope it won't have a hold on it! Ugg. Well, I'll wait and see what happens.

Depending on where it's drawn from you may be able to cash it at a grocery store or even at post office if it's a postal money order. If it has a hold which it may not, my bank didn't used to hold them that's a newer policy. A personal check may have a longer hold on it honestly.

1. What is a money order?

A money order is a form of payment that is similar to a check. It is a prepaid and guaranteed form of payment, meaning the funds are already available and will not bounce like a personal check.

2. How do I obtain a money order?

You can obtain a money order from various places such as your bank, post office, or convenience store. You will need to pay the desired amount in cash or with a debit card, and the issuer will then provide you with a money order as proof of payment.

3. How do I use a money order to pay for my Pampered Chef order?

Once you have obtained a money order, you can simply fill it out with the necessary information, including the recipient's name and the amount of the payment. Make sure to also include your name and order number so that the payment can be applied to your order correctly.

4. Can I use a money order to pay for my Pampered Chef order online?

No, unfortunately, Pampered Chef does not accept money orders as a form of online payment. You will need to mail the money order to our headquarters along with your order form.

5. Are there any fees associated with using a money order?

Yes, there may be a small fee for purchasing a money order, typically ranging from $1 to $5. This fee may vary depending on where you obtain the money order from.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lindsaym
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • MHPampered
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • MHPampered