• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Money Being Deducted From Account

In summary, when submitting orders to HO, it typically takes a few days for PC to take the money out of your account to allow for checks to clear. However, if you are new and using a personal card, the payment may be processed immediately. It is rare for checks to bounce, but if you have any doubts, you can ask for payment in cash or via credit card. It is important to deposit any checks or cash collected from a show as soon as possible.
lindsaym
Gold Member
Hi New here & getting ready to submit my first round of orders. How long from the time you submit orders to HO do they take the money out of your account? I have a party tomorrow night I'll be closing on Friday, but I will be depositing checks also on Friday. Surely the checks will clear through the bank before they take out the money correct?

Thanks

Usually.

I once had a guest who paid with her CC for more than $200. Didn't go through. I finally got cash from her and got the show through.

She was a guest at a show a month later and wrote me a check, again for more than $200. I deposited it, she got her merchandise, and then I found out the check bounced. I called her several times, left messages, etc. Finally, I left a message saying that I'd hate to have to file a theft report (because basically she got her products without me getting payment, same as theft right?) That got her butt into high gear and got me payment.

Maybe for those that write checks, have their shipment sent to you or tell the host to hold onto them if they haven't cleared the bank yet.

T answer the OP's question: PC doesn't take the money out of your account for several days so that the checks have time to clear. I would keep a balance in the account just in case though.

I have been doing this for almost 11 years and have accepted many checks. Only a handful (5) have bounced and every one paid me quickly and without a problem. If I had someone like the one Peg mentioned I would accept only plastic or cash from her (and probably only cash). If I have doubts and the show is local I might have a show ship to me but generally it is a no worries thing.

It is not common for checks to bounce but if you are not comfortable with it or have doubts you can also go to their bank to cash it. The last check that bounced my bank said "to avoid it happening you could have us call their bank to see if the money is there". My response was "and it took a week to clear so how would that be helpful?"

BethCooks4U said:
T answer the OP's question: PC doesn't take the money out of your account for several days so that the checks have time to clear. I would keep a balance in the account just in case though.

This is true once you have your pc show account set up. If you're new and haven't done that yet and are using your debit card, it gets processed just like every c.c.-immediately. Once you're set up with your account number with pc then they don't take it out for 4 days.

I agree, if you are using the PC Debit card, you have usually a 3 day (sometimes more) window to get the checks deposited & showing in your account. BUT, if you are BRAND new & using a personal card, it will process right away. If this is the case, I suggest you go ahead & deposit the cash/checks that you've already collected ASAP and do another deposit on Friday for the stragglers. ;)ETA: March will be 5 years for me & I've only had one bounced check thus far. It was a host who immediately brought me cash & volunteered to pay any fees that my bank charged.

Peg, in TX it's called "theft by check" ~ definitely an offense! :D

What is "Money Being Deducted From Account"?

"Money Being Deducted From Account" refers to the process of funds being withdrawn or taken out from a bank account. This can happen for various reasons such as payments for bills, purchases, or fees.

Why is money being deducted from my account?

There can be several reasons for money being deducted from your account. Some common reasons include automatic bill payments, purchases made with a debit card, bank fees, and loan or credit card payments.

How do I stop money from being deducted from my account?

To stop money from being deducted from your account, you will need to identify the source of the deduction and take appropriate action. For example, if it is an automatic bill payment, you can contact the company or service provider to cancel the payment. If it is a bank fee, you can speak to a representative to understand why the fee was charged and how to avoid it in the future.

What should I do if I notice unauthorized deductions from my account?

If you notice unauthorized deductions from your account, the first step is to contact your bank or financial institution immediately. They will be able to investigate the transaction and take necessary actions to protect your account. It is also advisable to change your account password and monitor your account activity regularly.

Is it possible to get a refund for deducted money from my account?

Depending on the reason for the deduction, it may be possible to get a refund for the deducted money from your account. For example, if you were charged a fee by mistake, you can contact your bank to request a refund. However, if the deduction was for a legitimate purchase or payment, it may not be possible to get a refund. It is always best to review your account activity and reach out to your bank for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pc_jessica
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pc_jessica
  • Monty060609
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Intrepid_Chef