• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Claim per Diem for Out of Town Shows?

In summary, you are eligible to claim per diem for out of town shows if you are traveling for work and will be away from your tax home for more than 12 hours. The per diem typically covers meals, lodging, and incidental expenses such as tips and transportation costs. To calculate the per diem rate, you can use the General Services Administration (GSA) website to look up the rate for the specific location of your out of town show. Even if your company is covering some of your expenses, you can still claim per diem, but you must deduct the amount they cover from your claim. You can report your per diem for out of town shows on your taxes by using Form 2106 or Form 210
pc_momof3
Hello,
I'm wondering if we can claim a per diem rate when we travel to different towns to do shows? The one town in particular that I travel to several times a month is 90 miles each way, but I do not stay overnight (except once due to bad weather when I stayed with a relative). Does anyone know if I can claim a per diem rate? What I have been doing is if I grab some fast food on the way back home is just save the receipt and put it under the 50% deductible category for taxes. What do others do for per diem:confused: ? Thanks!

Unfortunately, you may not be able to claim a per diem rate. Generally, you must be traveling away from home overnight in order to qualify for a per diem. That said, you may be able to deduct some of your expenses as unreimbursed employee expenses on your taxes. For example, you can deduct meal costs while traveling, as well as any other necessary travel expenses. Be sure to keep all your receipts and consult with a tax professional to determine which expenses you can deduct.

Per diem rates are typically only applicable for overnight travel or when an employee is away from their tax home for a substantial period of time. If you are not staying overnight in the town you are traveling to, it is unlikely that you can claim a per diem rate. Instead, you can deduct your actual meal expenses as a business expense on your taxes. However, it is recommended that you consult with a tax professional for specific advice on deducting business expenses.

1. How do I know if I am eligible to claim per diem for out of town shows?

If you are traveling for work and will be away from your tax home for more than 12 hours, you are eligible to claim per diem for out of town shows.

2. What expenses are included in per diem for out of town shows?

Per diem for out of town shows typically covers meals, lodging, and incidental expenses such as tips and transportation costs.

3. How do I calculate the per diem rate for my out of town show?

The per diem rate is determined by the location of your out of town show. You can use the General Services Administration (GSA) website to look up the per diem rate for the specific location you will be traveling to.

4. Can I claim per diem for out of town shows if my company is already covering some of my expenses?

Yes, you can still claim per diem for out of town shows if your company is covering some of your expenses. However, you must deduct the amount your company is covering from the per diem amount you are claiming.

5. How do I report my per diem for out of town shows on my taxes?

You can report your per diem for out of town shows on your taxes by using Form 2106 or Form 2106-EZ. These forms allow you to deduct your unreimbursed business expenses, including per diem, as an itemized deduction on your tax return.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisacb77
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lisacb77
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • babywings76