• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Calculated Mileage for the Show Accurate?

In summary, the conversation discusses how to calculate mileage for taxes. The summary concludes that the per mile rate is .585, which is the same as it was in July. The summary also notes that mileage for meeting with the host, cluster meetings, etc. is deductible.
babywings76
Gold Member
I didn't write down my odometer reading, but I know I traveled 77.1 miles for a show. When I entered that into P3, I hit the rate based calculating way, and put in those miles. It said it came to $373.94! Really? Is that right? I must be doing something wrong.

I think it should be reading 37.39. Is the decimal in the correct position for the mileage rate and the mileage?

:blushing: Ha ha ha! I have got to laugh at myself! Thanks for telling me to double check that. Apparently, I can't enter the decimal. It needs to just be a flat number. So, where I specifically typed 77.1, it didn't enter the decimal, hence it made it 771 miles! Could you imagine 771 miles to a show! My accountant would look at me funny with that when he'd see the address being just the neighboring county. LOL

babywings76 said:
:blushing: Ha ha ha! I have got to laugh at myself! Thanks for telling me to double check that. Apparently, I can't enter the decimal. It needs to just be a flat number. So, where I specifically typed 77.1, it didn't enter the decimal, hence it made it 771 miles! Could you imagine 771 miles to a show! My accountant would look at me funny with that when he'd see the address being just the neighboring county. LOL

I always make sure to do a show and attend a cluster meeting when I drive home to Virginia to visit my family so I can write off my miles and round trip they are about 700!

EXACTLY! I've done a show that was for family and the mileage is over 700 as well. :)

I usually start my odometer reading at 0 and end with the number of miles I drove. I use my trip odometer exclusively so that's what I'll say if it's questioned.

what is the per mile rate? anyone know?

.585 is the going rate. It went up in July.

ok, so its the same for taxes as it is if your company pays you. Just an FYI then, January 1 it dropped to .55 kinda bummed me out at work, I'm losing .035 per mile, and I drive quite a bit.

I thought mileage to/from shows was not tax deductible because it is just like driving to/from work. But, mileage for meeting with the host, cluster meetings, etc. is deductible. Did anyone else read it this way? This will be my first year filing.

Sure is! If you buy supplies at Office Max or Staples, the mileage to those places is also deductible, though I don't know how to put it into P3.
ok, so its the same for taxes as it is if your company pays you
Not exactly ... my company pays a paltry rate that is up to half what the government gives us. So my task will be to go upstairs and request my mileage logs for the year. My accountant will then deduct the difference between say, 58 cents and 23 cents and the difference is deductible.

Ahhh... I have a goverment job, so maybe thats why I get paid the full amount.

In P3, how do you go back and edit in the reports on expenses? Somehow I have two entries in for one show, and I used the wrong amount in for milage.. I did not update it in July.

sorry... just figured it out.

I'm surprised that the mileage rate in P3 is still only 0.485. You'd think with all the updates, that would be corrected too. I didn't realize it was so much different. Bummer! Fortunately, I don't have a ton to update.

You can take mileage for any of the following: to/from shows, to/from dropping off Host packets or orders, bank deposits, to/from grocery stores/Walmart etc to get supplies, to/from post office, to/from any booths worked. For example, if you go to work and take someone an order there, you can count the mileage as PC mileage. This came from my DD's accountant last year for her business.

1. How do I enter mileage from a show into the system?

To enter mileage from a show, go to the "Enter Mileage" section in your consultant portal. Then, click on the "Add New Mileage" button and fill in the required information, such as the date, starting and ending locations, and total miles driven. Click "Save" to submit the mileage.

2. Can I enter mileage from multiple shows at once?

Yes, you can enter mileage from multiple shows at once by selecting the option to "Add Multiple Mileages" in the "Enter Mileage" section. This will allow you to enter the mileage for each show separately and submit them all together.

3. Do I need to provide proof of my mileage for reimbursement?

Yes, it is recommended to keep a record of your mileage and provide it to your manager for verification. This can be in the form of a mileage log, gas receipts, or a map of your travel route.

4. Is there a limit to the amount of mileage I can enter for a show?

No, there is no limit to the amount of mileage you can enter for a show. However, the mileage must be reasonable and necessary for conducting business and should not exceed the actual distance traveled.

5. Can I edit or delete mileage entries after they have been submitted?

Yes, you can edit or delete mileage entries after they have been submitted. Simply go to the "Enter Mileage" section and find the entry you wish to modify. Click on the "Edit" or "Delete" button next to the entry and make the necessary changes. Remember to save your changes before exiting the page.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • melindagilbert