• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taxes - Food Expenses for Conference/Leadership..

In summary, you can deduct food expenses for conferences and leadership events on your taxes as long as they are directly related to your business or profession. This includes the cost of meals, snacks, tips, and taxes, but not alcoholic beverages. It is important to keep receipts for these expenses and there is a 50% limitation on the deduction. Both employees and self-employed individuals can claim this deduction, but self-employed individuals cannot deduct the cost of their own meals if they are also the organizer of the event.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
i know about the $39 a day per diem for when travelling out of town for a show, but i can't recall what happens when we are travelling for PC..for either conference..or NDA..

Do we get to do the per diem thing as well...Or do we get all food expenses, or 50% of it?

anyone know?

smilesarepriceless said:
i know about the $39 a day per diem for when travelling out of town for a show, but i can't recall what happens when we are travelling for PC..for either conference..or NDA..

Do we get to do the per diem thing as well...Or do we get all food expenses, or 50% of it?

anyone know?

IIRC, you can take the per diem OR claim meal/lodging expenses (and there are limits on meals - 50%, I think). Mileage is handled separately.

I have always just considered it a meal write off no matter what. It just all goes in the same catagory.

Heather, you should ask a CPA. We are not tax professionals.

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I can definitely help answer your question. When traveling for a Pampered Chef show, conference, or NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), you are eligible for the $39 per diem allowance. This means that you will receive $39 per day to cover your food expenses while you are away from home. This applies to all meals and snacks, and you do not need to submit receipts for reimbursement. However, if you choose to spend less than $39 on food, you will not receive the remaining amount as cash. I hope this helps clarify things for you. Happy travels!

Related to Taxes - Food Expenses for Conference/Leadership..

1. Can I deduct food expenses for conferences and leadership events on my taxes?

Yes, you can deduct food expenses for conferences and leadership events on your taxes as long as they are directly related to your business or profession. This means that the main purpose of the event must be for business purposes, and the food must be provided to all attendees, not just yourself.

2. What types of food expenses can I deduct?

You can deduct the cost of meals and snacks provided at conferences and leadership events, as well as any necessary tips and taxes. However, you cannot deduct the cost of alcoholic beverages.

3. Do I need to keep receipts for my food expenses?

Yes, it is important to keep all receipts for food expenses related to conferences and leadership events in order to claim them as deductions on your taxes. The receipts should include the date, location, amount, and business purpose of the meal.

4. Are there any limitations on deducting food expenses for conferences and leadership events?

Yes, there is a 50% limitation on deducting food expenses for conferences and leadership events. This means that you can only deduct 50% of the total cost of meals and snacks provided at the event.

5. Can I deduct food expenses for conferences and leadership events if I am self-employed?

Yes, self-employed individuals can deduct food expenses for conferences and leadership events as long as they meet the same criteria as employees. However, if you are self-employed and also the organizer of the event, you cannot deduct the cost of your own meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattybrady
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pc_momof3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefjwr