• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Mint Silk Torte Vs. Creme De Menthe Cheesecake?

In summary, the main difference between the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte and the Creme De Menthe Cheesecake is the base and filling. The former has a chocolate cookie crust and layered chocolate and mint filling, while the latter has a graham cracker crust and a traditional mint-flavored cheesecake filling. The Chocolate Mint Silk Torte is more suitable for special occasions due to its elegant and decadent nature, while the Creme De Menthe Cheesecake is a classic and crowd-pleasing dessert. Unfortunately, neither dessert is gluten-free and both can be made ahead of time, with different storage methods. Lastly, the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte is more suitable for chocolate lovers due to its rich chocolate flavor, while the C
babywings76
Gold Member
Anyone made either of these before? Recommendations? Tips? Preference?

wondering the same thing... was thinking about making one of these for thanksgiving dessert.

I think the torte recipe sounds good - but, something about mint and cream cheese sounds just wrong to me.

I've made the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte and it was fabulous!

I've made the Torte. It rocks!

oh now you have me tempted...but i don't have any sb f/w 2007 left! can someone take pity and shoot the recipe over to me or post?

Thanks!!!

Susan - it's on CC under SB recipes!;)

Oops - forgot we could pull recipes that way. I did a search on CC and could not bring up the recipe.

Thanks!

Chocolate Mint Silk Torte is very good!

Related to Chocolate Mint Silk Torte Vs. Creme De Menthe Cheesecake?

1. What is the difference between the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte and the Creme De Menthe Cheesecake?

The main difference between these two desserts is the base. The Chocolate Mint Silk Torte has a chocolate cookie crust, while the Creme De Menthe Cheesecake has a graham cracker crust. Additionally, the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte is a layered cake with a chocolate and mint filling, while the Creme De Menthe Cheesecake is a traditional cheesecake with a mint flavor.

2. Which dessert is more suitable for a special occasion?

The Chocolate Mint Silk Torte is often considered a more elegant and decadent dessert, making it perfect for special occasions or dinner parties. The Creme De Menthe Cheesecake, on the other hand, is a classic and crowd-pleasing dessert that can be enjoyed for any occasion.

3. Are both desserts gluten-free?

Unfortunately, neither the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte nor the Creme De Menthe Cheesecake are gluten-free. Both desserts contain wheat and should be avoided by those with gluten sensitivities or allergies.

4. Can I make these desserts ahead of time?

Both desserts can be made ahead of time, but they may require different storage methods. The Chocolate Mint Silk Torte should be refrigerated until ready to serve, while the Creme De Menthe Cheesecake can be frozen for longer storage and thawed before serving.

5. Which dessert is more suitable for chocolate lovers?

If you are a chocolate lover, the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte is the perfect choice for you. It has a rich chocolate flavor with a hint of mint, while the Creme De Menthe Cheesecake has a lighter and more subtle chocolate taste. However, both desserts are sure to satisfy any chocolate craving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • jenandnelson
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefpenny99
  • PamperedPeggy