• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creme De Menthe Cookie Truffles

Wilton candy melts are usually a good option - they're available in most grocery stores.Hope this helps!
PamperedK
Silver Member
I'm having a hard time with 2 ingredients for these and I suspect it's because we don't have them in Canada. Can someone give me brand names for:

Creme-filled chocolate mint cookies
Creme de menthe chocolate candies

Also creme filled vanilla sandwich cookies while we're at it .

Thanks in advance!

Creme filled chocolate mint cookies: not sure...but maybe they are Keebler? Or do Oreo's come out w/ mint flavored ones?Creme de menthe chocolate candies: Andes candiesI wish PC would use brand names, it sure would make it easier to figure out what they are talking about sometimes. :D

Sometimes you can find "mint" Oreos - chocolate sandwich cookies with green cream filling.

For the candy, the first candy that came to mind is Andes. They're chocolate on the bottom and pale green mint on top. Very yummy.

A possible workaround: use regular Oreos for the cookie part and Wilton Candy Melts (or any white almond bark usually found in grocery store) melted in the microwave or on the stovetop with a little mint flavoring added - either peppermint extract or candy flavoring available where you buy candy molds and supplies. You can tint the mint part green if desired.

I was looking at this recipe last night and thinking of trying with the vanilla creme cookies. Let me know how it turns out. I wouldn't know where to find the candies they listed.

Thanks guys! I guessed keebler too but I don't think they're cream filled are they? We Don't have those in Canada anyway..... Maybe I'll stick to the vanilla ones......I'll see if I can find mint oreos.Thanks!

Felicia,
If you're in Pearland, you should be able to find the Andes at any HEB, walmart or Target. Walmart and Target will usually have the candy melts too, either in the holiday aisles or back in the craft areas. The almond bark is usually found in the baking aisle of the grocery store. Hope this helps.

chefa said:
Felicia,
If you're in Pearland, you should be able to find the Andes at any HEB, walmart or Target. Walmart and Target will usually have the candy melts too, either in the holiday aisles or back in the craft areas. The almond bark is usually found in the baking aisle of the grocery store. Hope this helps.

Thank you!

Yes the creme filled cookies are Oreos. They do have a vanilla kind and a mint kind (green filling). Andes mints are found in large packages at Walmart or Target or in smaller packages at Dollar Tree.

Hmmm ok I'll try to find those. I've heard of Andes mints so I'll check that out. I thought I had heard of mint Oreos but my husband doesn't think we carry them here. Maybe there's a generic brand somewhere.Thanks guys!

PamperedK said:
Hmmm ok I'll try to find those. I've heard of Andes mints so I'll check that out. I thought I had heard of mint Oreos but my husband doesn't think we carry them here. Maybe there's a generic brand somewhere.

Thanks guys!

You could always try regular ones with some mint extract in it.

What are the ingredients needed to make Creme De Menthe Cookie Truffles?

The ingredients needed to make Creme De Menthe Cookie Truffles are: 1 package of chocolate sandwich cookies, 1 package of cream cheese, 1/4 cup of creme de menthe liqueur, 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips, and 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips.

Do I need any special equipment to make these truffles?

No, you do not need any special equipment. A food processor or blender will be helpful to crush the cookies, but you can also do it by hand using a rolling pin and a plastic bag. You will also need a mixing bowl, a baking sheet, and wax paper.

How long do these truffles need to be refrigerated before serving?

After making the truffles, they will need to be refrigerated for at least an hour before serving. This will allow them to firm up and hold their shape. If you have time, it is best to refrigerate them for 2-3 hours before serving.

Can I use a different type of liquor instead of creme de menthe?

Yes, you can use a different type of liquor if you prefer. Some popular substitutes for creme de menthe include Bailey's Irish Cream, Kahlua, or Amaretto. Just make sure to adjust the amount used according to your taste preferences.

How should I store any leftovers of these truffles?

Any leftover truffles should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh for up to 5 days. You can also freeze them for longer storage, just make sure to thaw them in the refrigerator before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Careyann