• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Andes Creme De Menthe Cookies (Non Pampered Chef Recipe)

In summary, the conversation is about a person who found a bag of Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips in their cupboard and wants to make cookies with them. They share the recipe on the back of the bag and ask if they should follow the directions exactly or if there is a better way to mix the ingredients. Others in the conversation share that they have made these cookies before and suggest creaming the butter and sugars together before adding the other ingredients. The original person plans to try the recipe tomorrow and see how it turns out.
babywings76
Gold Member
:chef: So I was in the mood to make some cookies and looked in my choc chip/nut area in my cupboards and found a bag of Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips. Here's the recipe it had on the back of the bag. Now here's the question...would you follow the directions exactly like it's written, or would you cream the butter and sugars first, then add the eggs and vanilla, and then the rest? Or some other order?

Andes Crème de Menthe Cookies:
(Return to Andes Creme de Menthe Recipes)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup salted butter - softened
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 package (10 oz.) Andes® Crème de Menthe Baking Chips
2-2/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350° F.

Blend butter, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs until mixed.

Stir in Andes Baking Chips and then flour. Chill approximately one hour in the refrigerator.

Measure out approximately 1 oz. of dough. Form a ball and slightly flatten.

Raise oven rack one level above the middle and bake on non-stick baking pans.

Bake at 350° F for approximately 8 - 10 minutes.

Cool on pans for two minutes before removing.

Yield:
4 dozen cookies.

Most recipes I've read says to cream butter & sugar first then add eggs, etc. (just like you said) I really don't know what this does or if it makes the recipe better. So are you making them now?? Let us know how they are. I love Andes mints!

I didn't end up making them tonight. Things got busy with the kids and stuff. I think I'll try them tomorrow. I just looked at the recipe again and realized the flour gets added with the chips later, I must have overlooked that at first in my rush earlier, so I guess the recipe isn't too much different this way. It's just the baking soda and baking powder that goes in with the wet ingredients first. The way it was worded just seemed different to me than normal cookies that have you "cream" together ingredients. This just says to "blend" until mixed. That doesn't seem too specific to me. How well blended do they mean? (I guess I'm nit picky when following cookie recipes because I have a hard time baking them. I'm a pretty good cook, but not much of a baker--unless I have a recipe to follow.)I'll try them tomorrow and do them as directed and let you know how they turn out. :)

My neice made these at Christmas they are yummy!!!

I've made these before -- soooooo yummy! I did as you suggested and creamed the butter and sugars together then added eggs, vanilla, then the rest.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Andes Creme De Menthe Cookies?

The ingredients needed for Andes Creme De Menthe Cookies (Non Pampered Chef Recipe) are all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, Andes Creme De Menthe baking chips, and optional chopped nuts.

2. How do I make Andes Creme De Menthe Cookies?

To make Andes Creme De Menthe Cookies, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt). In a separate large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Then, beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until well combined. Fold in the Andes Creme De Menthe baking chips and chopped nuts, if using. Drop dough onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool before serving.

3. Can I use a different type of chocolate instead of Andes Creme De Menthe baking chips?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate chips or chopped chocolate in place of the Andes Creme De Menthe baking chips. However, this will change the overall flavor of the cookies.

4. How should I store Andes Creme De Menthe Cookies?

Andes Creme De Menthe Cookies should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. You can also freeze the cookies for up to 3 months.

5. Can I use this recipe to make other types of cookies?

Yes, you can use this recipe as a base and substitute different types of chocolate chips or nuts to create different variations of cookies. You can also add in other mix-ins like dried fruits or candies to customize the cookies to your liking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Staci
  • wadesgirl