• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying New Recipes for the Holidays

In summary, the conversation involves a discussion about trying different recipes from the Festive Holiday Desserts book for various holiday gatherings. The recipes include Caramel Bourbon Spice Cake, Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake, Peppermint Meringue Wreath Cookies, Creme de Menthe Cheesecake, and Marshmallow Treat Ornaments. The conversation also includes questions about making cream filling, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, refrigerating the bowl, and using stainless steel bowls. Other questions involve the use of Cinnamon Plus spice blend, creme de menthe candies, and pure vanilla extract. There are also plans to make Cranberry White Chocolate Mousse Cake and Praline Crisps. Suggestions are given to add nutmeg and
wadesgirl
Gold Member
there are so many recipes in the Festive Holiday Desserts book that I'm trying a few of them for the different holiday get togethers I have to go to. I'm making:
Caramel Bourbon Spice Cake
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake
Peppermint Meringue Wreath Cookies
Creme de Menthe Cheesecake
Marshmallow Treat Ornaments

I was looking at the recipes and had few questions are looking for some great tips.

A few of them talk about making the cream filling. I understand the concept but have never made homemade stuff like that before. Do I have to use a hand mixer or can I use a stand mixer (I have both but need more reasons to use my Kitchen Aid stand mixer). Should I refrigerate the bowl for a while first? Batter Bowl or Stainless Bowl? I already marked up one stainless bowl using my hand mixer but I handed that one down to my sister, I would hate to mark another one up but have heard that stainless is better for these kind of things.

Caramel Bourbon Spice Cake says to refrigerate for up to 3 hours, is this to set the cake? Could I do it over night? I'm not for sure I have the Cinnamon Spice blend on hand, can I use our other cinnamon or just regular cinnamon?

Creme de Menthe Cheesecake calls for creme de menthe candies. Are these Ande's mints or another kind, are they easy to find? I also do not have our vanilla but have pure vanilla on hand. Do I use double the amount called for or the same since it's pure vanilla not imitation?

I think that's it for the questions. I'm looking forward to expanding my cooking abilities!

My peppermint meringue wreaths didn't turn out. I think I was too impatient and didn't let the meringue get stiff enough before making the wreaths. They tasted good, though.

for the cheesecake for the mints I just did andes chocolate chips. Just dumped them on and spread them out.

I'm gonna make the Caramel Bourbon Spice Cake for Christmas, too. I see no problem why you can't let it sit overnight in the fridge..I'm gonna do that too.There's no reason why you can't use a stand mixer (I'm gonna!). Just use the whisk attachment instead of the paddle. My bet is that, by using the Kitchenaid, that you'd need to beat it less than 2-4 minutes, but just keep checking for stiff peaks.The Cinnamon Plus spice blend has some nutmeg and other spices in it too, so I'd think you'd want to use some of those other spices as well to balance out the flavor.

leftymac said:
I'm gonna make the Caramel Bourbon Spice Cake for Christmas, too. I see no problem why you can't let it sit overnight in the fridge..I'm gonna do that too.

There's no reason why you can't use a stand mixer (I'm gonna!). Just use the whisk attachment instead of the paddle. My bet is that, by using the Kitchenaid, that you'd need to beat it less than 2-4 minutes, but just keep checking for stiff peaks.

The Cinnamon Plus spice blend has some nutmeg and other spices in it too, so I'd think you'd want to use some of those other spices as well to balance out the flavor.

I just emailed my hospitality director to se if she had the cinnamon plus, she had a bunch of different ones for sale earlier this week. We'll see what happens.

You'll have to let us know how your cake turns out.

wadesgirl said:
I just emailed my hospitality director to se if she had the cinnamon plus, she had a bunch of different ones for sale earlier this week. We'll see what happens.

You'll have to let us know how your cake turns out.

Will do..you know I'll take some pics! I take pictures of everything I make.

I'm also doing the Cranberry White Chocolate Mousse Cake and the Praline Crisps.

Hmm, might have to take some pictures myself if I remember to do so.

I found some other recipes calling for the Cinnamon Plus blend. It says to use any ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice. I looked on CC and it says that the main ingredient in Cinnamon Plus is our other cinnamon so I think I'll just use that.

wadesgirl said:
I found some other recipes calling for the Cinnamon Plus blend. It says to use any ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice. I looked on CC and it says that the main ingredient in Cinnamon Plus is our other cinnamon so I think I'll just use that.

At least add a little nutmeg and allspice. You will taste the difference!

leftymac said:
Will do..you know I'll take some pics! I take pictures of everything I make.

I'm also doing the Cranberry White Chocolate Mousse Cake and the Praline Crisps.

Can you post the recipe for Cranberry White Chocolate Mousse Cake? I have misplaced mine and need it for the weekend. Help!

Thanks. Merry Christmas!!

JAE said:
My peppermint meringue wreaths didn't turn out. I think I was too impatient and didn't let the meringue get stiff enough before making the wreaths. They tasted good, though.

You have to be very careful to separate the egg yolks and egg whites. If there is a speck of yellow in the whites, they won't stiffen.

I'm trying them today. Did the red food color make the wreaths pink? I'm thinking of using green color instead. Also, I have mint extract, not peppermint extract. What did you use?

:chef:
Nancy
future Future Director

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

I made the cherry coridal torte yesterday, not as pretty as the one Keith did :(. I didnt have a flat plate so it sank in the middle!

I'm really curious how the bourbon cake turns out, it looks and sounds so yummy!

Today I'm going to make the cranberry bark

JAE said:

Meringue cookies have to be made on days when the humidity is very low. Can't remember the last day we had low humidity here, so that may have been the problem.

My pale green wreaths are baking in the oven as I type. I used the mint extract, but it turned out to be spearmint. It looks and smells like I am making toothpaste wreaths. Oh well, let's see what happens when they are finished with the chocolate coating. Stay tuned...

I just made the Caramel Bourbon Spice Cake and the Cranberry White Chocolate Mousse Cake. Both were easy, but the spice cake had some difficulties.

#1 I don't have a very steady hand when it comes to artistry so my snowflakes came out looking a little wonky.

#2 I attached the snowflakes too soon while the caramel topping was too hot and they started to melt.

For me, the Cranberry White Chocolate Mousse Cake is more showy, and it's nice because it's no-bake.

I've attached pictures of both.

Attachments

• IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 391
Wow Keith, those both look great!

I have a quick question for you... I just put my white choc-cran thingy in the fridge, and I was wondering if ANYONE has been able to cut 60 1/8 inch slices of pound cake...

Not that I'm competitive or anything:))), but I managed 31, and I thought mine were pretty thin... (I used a betty crocker pound cake mix baked in a normal 9x5 loaf pan). I don't know how anyone would be able to do 60!

So Keith, any idea how many slices you did?

I'm a bit nervous about mine, as I used 2 cups whipped heavy cream plus 1 cup cool-whip, as I happened to have the cream and like it so much better. I figured with all of the chocolate it'd set up fine, but know I'm starting to worry... If it doesn't, it will be a HUGE mess when I try to un-mold it... YIKES! :eek::eek::eek:

Anyone want to place a bet on whether it will turn out? Or join the competition to get the most slices out of a pound cake :D?

Merry Christmas!

AnnieBee said:
Wow Keith, those both look great!I have a quick question for you... I just put my white choc-cran thingy in the fridge, and I was wondering if ANYONE has been able to cut 60 1/8 inch slices of pound cake...Not that I'm competitive or anything:))), but I managed 31, and I thought mine were pretty thin... (I used a betty crocker pound cake mix baked in a normal 9x5 loaf pan). I don't know how anyone would be able to do 60!So Keith, any idea how many slices you did?I'm a bit nervous about mine, as I used 2 cups whipped heavy cream plus 1 cup cool-whip, as I happened to have the cream and like it so much better. I figured with all of the chocolate it'd set up fine, but know I'm starting to worry... If it doesn't, it will be a HUGE mess when I try to un-mold it... YIKES! :eek::eek::eek:Anyone want to place a bet on whether it will turn out? Or join the competition to get the most slices out of a pound cake :D?Merry Christmas!
Well, I used two 10 1/2 ounce Sara Lee pound cakes (the recipe calls for a 16 oz cake, I think), and I used the forged cutlery bread knife and I was easily able to cut up about 80 slices. I only used about 60 though. I used the measuring marks on the cutting board to guide (those are 1/4" and you need them 1/8"). And, soo long as you run the tool around the springform pan, it should unmold just fine!

Last edited:
Great pictures Keith! I was just making the bourbon spice cake and tried the snowflakes. Holy Moses those are hard to make. First my almond bark was way too runny and hot. So I tried to let it cool a little. I don't feel so bad, mine looked a lot like yours. I'm letting it cool a little more and I'll try to make some more. The cake part is easy. I think I'm going to let the cakes sit over night and fill in the morning.The Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream Cake is in the freezer right now, about ready to put on the chocolate ice cream layer. It's really easy so far, just takes a long time to make it.These are my first two recipes of the 5 I'm making over the next 5 days. Tomorrow I have two more and then New Year's Eve I'll make the last one. We'll see how it goes.

wadesgirl said:
Great pictures Keith! I was just making the bourbon spice cake and tried the snowflakes. Holy Moses those are hard to make. First my almond bark was way too runny and hot. So I tried to let it cool a little. I don't feel so bad, mine looked a lot like yours. I'm letting it cool a little more and I'll try to make some more. The cake part is easy. I think I'm going to let the cakes sit over night and fill in the morning.

The Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream Cake is in the freezer right now, about ready to put on the chocolate ice cream layer. It's really easy so far, just takes a long time to make it.

These are my first two recipes of the 5 I'm making over the next 5 days. Tomorrow I have two more and then New Year's Eve I'll make the last one. We'll see how it goes.

Sweet -- hope they turn out! Let us know.

I REALLY recommend the Cranberry White Chocolate Mousse Cake. That beast is of professional quality!

leftymac said:
Sweet -- hope they turn out! Let us know.

I REALLY recommend the Cranberry White Chocolate Mousse Cake. That beast is of professional quality!

See there is 3 things in that recipe I don't like: Cranberry, White Chocolate and Mousse! I would probably try it for other people but nothing I'd be interested in. I don't know if you are up this late but did you make the bourbon cake the night before? I'm trying to figure out if I have enough time tomorrow morning to finish it instead of doing it all tonight.

wadesgirl said:
See there is 3 things in that recipe I don't like: Cranberry, White Chocolate and Mousse! I would probably try it for other people but nothing I'd be interested in. I don't know if you are up this late but did you make the bourbon cake the night before? I'm trying to figure out if I have enough time tomorrow morning to finish it instead of doing it all tonight.

I did make it the day before. The next morning the cream started to spill out the sides. i just don't like this recipe at all. :(

leftymac said:
I did make it the day before. The next morning the cream started to spill out the sides. i just don't like this recipe at all. :(

That's too bad! It made my house smell very good but I was wondering about the taste. Guess we'll have to see tomorrow. I think I'll finish it out in the morning before my hair appointment. It shouldn't take too long since the cakes are already baked just need to do the filling and the topping.

I have finished the Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake. It was really nice and easy to make. I tried to use my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer for the cream part and it didn't really work to well so luckily I do have a hand mixer that I've never used :eek: since I got it over two years ago. I think I did it right! It was super easy to make, I will make it again.

I have pictures but they are on my sister's camera so I'll have to wait until New Year's to get them from her.

The Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake went over really well. I'm not a big chocolate ice cream fan so I ate the bottom crust and the mint ice cream.

The Caramel Bourbon Spice Cake was pretty good. Since I didn't have the right cinnamon I just used pumpkin spice mix. It tasted like pumpkin cake! It was still really good. The caramel was to die for. I did find caramel "pellets" in the baking aisle instead of buying caramels and having to unwrap them all. The cake was only 1/4 gone and was pretty bad by the time I got it home so the rest went to waste.

Do you think you have to use Bourbon in the cake? I have someone that doesn't want to.

IMG_0572.jpg

Here's my bourbon spice cake. I don't think the topping was runny enough so it sort of just slide down the sides in globes. The snowflakes were the best out of all of them I made.

IMG_0573.jpg

Here is the Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream cake. Note: This dessert is not good to travel with. I wasn't planning on having to drive an hour with it in the trunk of my car. The Christmas that I had planned on taking this to was cancelled so I just took it with me to the next one. It melted way to fast! You can see the ice cream oozing out of the sides of the cookies. I had a mess to clean up later on my gma's deep freeze! One of the cookies was sliding halfway down the front in the melted ice cream.

I also took pictures of the ornament balls, just need to download it from my camera. They did not turn out so well. This would be a fun project to do with kids sometime but as an adult I got bored making the balls after a while. The decorations on the sides of the balls didn't go on a smoothly as they showed in the cookbook so I just started coating the whole entire balls! They are really good and the gummy candies are a great addition to eating a rice krispy treat.

Wanted to add that I'm making the mint cheesecake right now. I asked MIL if I could bring it tomorrow for dinner since I had the ingredients but one of my gatherings was cancelled. This was a really easy recipe! It's in the oven right now so we'll see how it turns out.

What are some easy holiday recipes to try with Pampered Chef products?

Some easy holiday recipes to try with Pampered Chef products are the Cranberry Brie Bites, Holiday Cheese Ball Wreath, and the Mini Gingerbread Bundt Cakes. These recipes can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in the recipe book that comes with your products.

How can I make sure my holiday recipes turn out perfectly using Pampered Chef products?

To ensure your holiday recipes turn out perfectly, make sure to follow the instructions in the recipe book or on the Pampered Chef website. Additionally, make sure to properly preheat your products and use the correct tools for each recipe. This will ensure even cooking and the best results.

Can I use Pampered Chef products to make traditional holiday dishes?

Yes, you can use Pampered Chef products to make traditional holiday dishes. For example, you can use the Rockcrok Dutch Oven to make a delicious holiday ham or the Deep Covered Baker to make a turkey. These products will help create a flavorful and evenly cooked dish.

Are there any recipes that are great for holiday parties or potlucks?

Yes, there are many recipes that are great for holiday parties or potlucks. Some popular options include the Veggie Crescent Wreath, Spinach Artichoke Dip, and the Mini Quiche Cups. These recipes are easy to make and can be easily transported to a party or potluck.

How can I incorporate Pampered Chef products into my holiday baking?

There are many ways to incorporate Pampered Chef products into your holiday baking. For example, you can use the Stoneware Cookie Sheet to bake cookies or the Tart Pan to make mini pies. You can also use the Decorating Bag Set to add festive designs to your baked goods. The possibilities are endless!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Intrepid_Chef