• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Chocolate Mint Silk Torte

In summary, the recipe calls for Andes mints, which are not a hard candy, and Ghiardelli mint chocolates, which are a soft peppermint patty covered in chocolate. Substitute whatever you have on hand for the Andes mints and Ghiardelli mint chocolates.
lovenpc
I am making this tonight for company and I couldn't find the chocolate mint candies. Are these hard candies? Is there anything else I could use? Thanks for you help

They are Andes thin mints...

They should be in the candy aisle in the store. I just picked some up today near the boxed candy (like how it's packaged for the movie theaters).

So they are not a hard candy? They are soft peppermint patties covered in chocolate. I don't think we have andes thin mints in Canada. Any other ideas

My opinion..............make something else. I HATED this recipe and so did everyone in my cluster. It was just TOO much.

Oh no! I LOVED IT!! It was really good. Slice them small because it is rich but VERY GOOD!!!:D

I think I'm going to make this for my september shows as a dessert to have done already. I was thinking it would be good for after something spicy. Like a big after dinner mint... lol!

The store I shopped at the day I got those ingredients didn't have Andes, but they had a Ghiardelli kind of the same thing. That's what I used!

lovenpc said:
So they are not a hard candy? They are soft peppermint patties covered in chocolate. I don't think we have andes thin mints in Canada. Any other ideas
They aren't soft peppermint covered in chocolate...more like a thin piece of chocolate with a mint chocolate layer sandwiched in the middle. (It's all one piece...you can see the green layer of mint, but it's a solid piece of chocolate.)

Not sure what you could substitute. I would call or email HO if they don't carry anything like that in Canada!

They are those little chocolates that they give you at the end of your meal at Olive Garden. I love that restuarant. When I told my husband what it called for and thinking they would be hard to find HE suggested we just go to Olive Garden about 30 times to get some for FREE. Not really free after you pay for dinner. But who cares!! I did end up finding them in the candy aisle of the grocery store. If all else fails ask an employee. They should be able to find them for you.

I don't like chocolate mint, but my husband does. Everyone who had it at my Open House LOVED it. My friends thought it was store bought. It is such an easy recipe.

I also made this for our cluster meeting last month and my husband doesn't like mint either but this was really not over powering, just a hint. It was very good and easy to make. We enjoyed it! I'm not sure what you can substitute though!:) Sorry!

I wonder if you could just use the mint chocolate chips?

I made this for our cluster meeting. Everyone seemed to like it, but small pieces, the mint is a little overpowering.

The mint chocalate chips is a good idea, I would try it at home ahead of time to make sure they melt in the cool whip the same as the other candies.

How much in advance can you make this? I'm having my open house at 2 & want to finish it now (9) & stick it in the fridge. Would that be ok?

When I had my kick-off it was scheduled at 3pm and I made the cake at about 11am. I didn't put in the fridge (I was worried about the brownie part getting too firm. I left it on the counter. It was still very good. Everyone LOVED it. It is a very quick recipe. You could do it at a show. I was completely finished within 1/2 an hour (and I didn't prep anything).

thanks for everyone's replys. I will double check what we have at the store and if I'm not successful I will contact the test kitchens.

The Andes mints are typically in a box rather than a bag. I thought that might help in your search in the candy aisle!

I really liked this recipe! I did put it in the fridge & it was fine. I took it out around 30 min before the show. It was refreshing--like an after-dinner mint for dessert!

My Wal-Mart has andes thin mints chopped, in a chocolate-chip size bag, in the baking aisle:)

It sounds so good! I can't wait to make it.

I just received the torte pans as a half off item from my fall preview show. I can't wait to make this dessert. I don't even usually care for mint very much, but I had this at a cluster meeting. It was SOOO GOOOD!

1. What is a Chocolate Mint Silk Torte?

A Chocolate Mint Silk Torte is a decadent dessert made with layers of chocolate cake, mint-flavored cream filling, and a smooth chocolate ganache on top.

2. Is the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte difficult to make?

No, the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte is actually quite simple to make. It only requires a few basic ingredients and can be made in just a few steps.

3. Can the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte be made ahead of time?

Yes, the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. This makes it a great dessert option for dinner parties or special occasions.

4. Can I use a different type of cake for the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate cake for the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte. However, for the best results, we recommend using a moist and rich chocolate cake.

5. What is the best way to serve the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte?

The best way to serve the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte is to let it sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving. This will allow the layers to soften and make it easier to cut into neat slices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cookin' Mama
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • jenandnelson
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefpenny99
  • babywings76