• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Make a Chocolate Martini?

In summary, the recipe for a Chocolate Martini with clear creme de cocao and vanilla vodka can be made in a 2 quart pitcher. The drink is potent and can be garnished with sugar and a cheese grater.
avelissar
I was thinking of offering Chocolate Martini's as part of my Chocolate Bliss shows. I've seen at least one recipe on this board. My question is - can this be made in the family size pitcher? Or do you need to buy a shaker? I've never made a martini before...

Here is the recipe:

Combine equal parts vanilla vodka and clear creme de cocao.

Thanks!

Andrea

I've made that exact recipe in the regular QSP. Considering a serving is 4-6 ounces, the 2 quart QSP holds 10-16 servings. And they're POTENT! You won't need more than that, especially because there are likely to be people at the show who don't have one.

chefann said:
I've made that exact recipe in the regular QSP. Considering a serving is 4-6 ounces, the 2 quart QSP holds 10-16 servings. And they're POTENT! You won't need more than that, especially because there are likely to be people at the show who don't have one.

I agree, I with that ratio of liquor to other liquids, 4 oz would be a large serving in my book. So maybe even doing just half of the small QSP pitcher would be enough.

Sounds great... I think I'll make some tonight for me and the hubby....Anybody want to join us???

So I don't have to shake them? Just stir?

Andrea

avelissar said:
So I don't have to shake them? Just stir?

Andrea

Yep, just stir them!

Thanks! Do you do anything special to garnish the glasses?

Andrea

Problem is if you put ice it will dilute the drink so it won't taste as good.....When using a shker, you have ice in the shaker to cool the drink but you don't serve the ice.

If you are doing the martinis, you might want to use the Cheese Grater to grate some chocolate over the drinks. Have a good one!!! I'll have one for you!

You could get creative and sugar the rims. However, it is usally done with "rim sugar", not the same grind as regular sugar.
http://www.bevmo.com/Shop/ProductDetail.aspx?D=sugar&Ntx=mode%2bmatchall&Dx=mode%2bmatchall&Ntk=All&Nty=1&Ntt=sugar&N=0&ProductID=17349

Chef Gilles said:
Problem is if you put ice it will dilute the drink so it won't taste as good.....When using a shker, you have ice in the shaker to cool the drink but you don't serve the ice.

If you are doing the martinis, you might want to use the Cheese Grater to grate some chocolate over the drinks. Have a good one!!! I'll have one for you!

Good point, having the ingredients chilled before you start helps.

That's what I did - put the liquors in the freezer before I made the drinks.

The ARE potent :DDH and I are coming to join you Andrea :)

I usually grate dark chocolate, rim the edge with vanilla vodka, dip in chocolate and I add cream, enjoy :)

Sounds soooo Good!!!

Koolotus said:
I usually grate dark chocolate, rim the edge with vanilla vodka, dip in chocolate and I add cream, enjoy :)

Sounds Yummy!

What ingredients do I need to make a Chocolate Martini?

To make a Chocolate Martini, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 1/2 oz. vodka
  • 1 1/2 oz. chocolate liqueur
  • 1/2 oz. Creme de Cacao
  • 1/2 oz. heavy cream
  • Chocolate syrup or shavings for garnish (optional)

What type of glass should I use to serve a Chocolate Martini?

A traditional martini glass is the best choice for serving a Chocolate Martini. The long stem and wide opening of the glass allow for easy swirling and sipping of the drink.

Can I use any type of chocolate liqueur for a Chocolate Martini?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate liqueur for a Chocolate Martini. Popular options include creme de cacao, Godiva chocolate liqueur, or even a flavored vodka like chocolate or vanilla.

How do I make a Chocolate Martini without a shaker?

If you do not have a shaker, you can use a large glass or mason jar with a lid to mix the ingredients. Simply add all the ingredients to the glass, cover tightly with the lid, and shake well before straining into your martini glass.

What is the best way to garnish a Chocolate Martini?

The best way to garnish a Chocolate Martini is to drizzle chocolate syrup on the inside of the glass before pouring in the drink. You can also add a sprinkle of cocoa powder or chocolate shavings on top for an extra chocolatey touch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items