• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chamber of Commerce Flyer - Would You?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of including a flyer in the December Chamber newsletter, which will be mailed to 1400 businesses in town for around $70. The idea is to use the opportunity to introduce oneself and promote the website, specifically for holiday gift ideas. The conversation also touches on the potential success and concerns about the effectiveness of this tactic, as well as the idea of offering a discount for orders placed before Christmas. Suggestions for flyer content and targeting specific groups, such as women in local businesses, are also mentioned.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
Would this be worth it? My husband is a member and he was told that with the Dec Chamber newsletter (mailed Dec 2) - which will be mailed to 1400 businesses in town, I can include a flyer for around $70. My thoughts are -
This would be to introduce myself and turn them onto my website. Alot of our businesses have clients that they would need to purchase gifts for (attorneys, realtors, accountants etc...),mention of course the kitchen and catalog shows, but really focus on the individual ordering thru my website, that I am available for fundraisers and bridal showers. Alot of the business owners are men you know - mention that their wives would love a gift of PC...I thought about printing this which is from my website:

The Holidays Are Just Around the Corner!
Here are some great gift ideas that are sure to please everyone on your shopping list.

$15 and under
Pizza Cutter, Kitchen Shears, Kitchen Towel Sets, Hand & Lotion Set, Ice Cream Dipper, Garlic Press, Cookbooks, Bar Boad & Knife Set

$20 and under
Seasonal Table Linens, Wine Bottle Opener, Barbecue Tools, Prep Bowls, Easy Accent Decorator, Chef's Tongs, Chillzanne Bowl, Quick-Stir Pitchers

$30 and under
Food Chopper, Large Round Stone, Cookie Press, Celebrate Plate, Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer, Easy Read Measuring Cups, Stoneware Bar Pan

$50 and under
Ultimate Slice & Grate, Professional Small Saute Pan, Carafe, Simple Additions Large Square Platter

Gift Sets
Crock & Beer Bread Set, Good Morning Breakfast Set, Pizza Lovers Set

Use my personal website to place your order online!

What do you think - money is tight right now at the holidays and would this be worth it - or is this something you think they'd just toss aside. I feel like they might just think like "oh not another one of those Pampered Chef ladies" you know....??? And if you think I should, is there a flyer here on the website that you know of that I could maybe "tweek"....ideas anybody? Maybe I'm just not into this....

If I had that opportunity, I would do it! It's not cheap, but it's probably a better way to advertise than, say, putting an ad in the paper. And like you said, you could target specific people and definitely mention contacting you for unique gifts for clients. Maybe even mention doing a "lunch hour/at work" show, which I have seen mentioned on here. Someday when I have more time (ha!) I want to market that around my town because I live in a total shopping town with a cute downtown area and I would think some of the women who work in these stores would go for that. Some day......... :rolleyes:

I think this is a great opportunity! I'm a member of the "women in business" portion of our Chamber and I wish they did something like that! Good luck!

Thanks Becky - I guess Im just nervous that I'll do this and get nothing from it and look "stupid" in their eyes. I guess its because a month or so ago, I handed out a few catalogs around town and got nothing from it. So I'll think of this as a new tactic. My town sounds like yours - it is beautiful here, with a very quaint revitalized downtown...lots of neat little shops, sidewalk and roof top cafes, little deli's, riverwalk...so I just need to come up with a flyer - still need ideas if anyone has any - would you use the above text from my website? And yes Becky - I'll definitely mention the client thing. I thought about too - offering $5 off a $50 order before 12/14 to be delivered by Christmas - but how can I offer a discount thru my website if they are paying by credit card? Help!

Cindycooks said:
Thanks Becky - I guess Im just nervous that I'll do this and get nothing from it and look "stupid" in their eyes. I guess its because a month or so ago, I handed out a few catalogs around town and got nothing from it. So I'll think of this as a new tactic. My town sounds like yours - it is beautiful here, with a very quaint revitalized downtown...lots of neat little shops, sidewalk and roof top cafes, little deli's, riverwalk...so I just need to come up with a flyer - still need ideas if anyone has any - would you use the above text from my website? And yes Becky - I'll definitely mention the client thing. I thought about too - offering $5 off a $50 order before 12/14 to be delivered by Christmas - but how can I offer a discount thru my website if they are paying by credit card? Help!

I don't think you can offer a discount through your website when they pay by credit card. But you could offer a $5 gift certificate when they order $50. This actually might be the way to go...because not eveyone will use their gift certificate!

On the chamber issue...you need to ask yourself what makes it worth it. Do you want orders? Shows? recruits? All three? To get your name in the community? Sit down and make a pro's vs. con's sheet. Then decide!!

Hope this helps!

I have heard really good things about the Chamber of Commerce and how supportive they are. I would say go for it, I think I may try to join one when I move this spring.
Melody

1. What is the purpose of the Chamber of Commerce Flyer?

The Chamber of Commerce Flyer is designed to promote local businesses and inform community members about upcoming events, opportunities, and resources available through the Chamber of Commerce.

2. How can I get my business featured on the Chamber of Commerce Flyer?

If you are a member of the Chamber of Commerce, your business will automatically be included in the flyer. If you are not a member, you can contact the Chamber of Commerce to inquire about becoming a member and having your business featured on the flyer.

3. Can I customize the Chamber of Commerce Flyer for my business?

Yes, as a member of the Chamber of Commerce, you have the option to customize the flyer with your business logo and information. This allows you to showcase your business to the community and attract potential customers.

4. How often is the Chamber of Commerce Flyer distributed?

The Chamber of Commerce Flyer is typically distributed on a monthly basis. However, distribution may vary depending on the specific Chamber of Commerce and their distribution schedule.

5. Can I advertise on the Chamber of Commerce Flyer?

Yes, as a member of the Chamber of Commerce, you have the opportunity to advertise on the flyer. This is a great way to reach a larger audience and promote your business within the community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MissChef
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
Pamperedpartygirl
Replies