1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Chamber of Commerce Flyer - would you?

1. Cindycooks

Cindycooks Veteran Member Silver Member

Would this be worth it? My husband is a member and he was told that with the Dec Chamber newsletter (mailed Dec 2) - which will be mailed to 1400 businesses in town, I can include a flyer for around $70. My thoughts are -
    This would be to introduce myself and turn them onto my website. Alot of our businesses have clients that they would need to purchase gifts for (attorneys, realtors, accountants etc...),mention of course the kitchen and catalog shows, but really focus on the individual ordering thru my website, that I am available for fundraisers and bridal showers. Alot of the business owners are men you know - mention that their wives would love a gift of PC...I thought about printing this which is from my website:

The Holidays Are Just Around the Corner!
    Here are some great gift ideas that are sure to please everyone on your shopping list.

$15 and under
    Pizza Cutter, Kitchen Shears, Kitchen Towel Sets, Hand & Lotion Set, Ice Cream Dipper, Garlic Press, Cookbooks, Bar Boad & Knife Set

$20 and under
    Seasonal Table Linens, Wine Bottle Opener, Barbecue Tools, Prep Bowls, Easy Accent Decorator, Chef's Tongs, Chillzanne Bowl, Quick-Stir Pitchers

$30 and under
    Food Chopper, Large Round Stone, Cookie Press, Celebrate Plate, Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer, Easy Read Measuring Cups, Stoneware Bar Pan

$50 and under
    Ultimate Slice & Grate, Professional Small Saute Pan, Carafe, Simple Additions Large Square Platter

Gift Sets
    Crock & Beer Bread Set, Good Morning Breakfast Set, Pizza Lovers Set

Use my personal website to place your order online!

What do you think - money is tight right now at the holidays and would this be worth it - or is this something you think they'd just toss aside. I feel like they might just think like "oh not another one of those Pampered Chef ladies" you know....??? And if you think I should, is there a flyer here on the website that you know of that I could maybe "tweek"....ideas anybody? Maybe I'm just not into this....

Nov 9, 2005
  2. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

If I had that opportunity, I would do it! It's not cheap, but it's probably a better way to advertise than, say, putting an ad in the paper. And like you said, you could target specific people and definitely mention contacting you for unique gifts for clients. Maybe even mention doing a "lunch hour/at work" show, which I have seen mentioned on here. Someday when I have more time (ha!) I want to market that around my town because I live in a total shopping town with a cute downtown area and I would think some of the women who work in these stores would go for that. Some day......... :rolleyes:

I think this is a great opportunity! I'm a member of the "women in business" portion of our Chamber and I wish they did something like that! Good luck!

3. Cindycooks

Cindycooks Veteran Member Silver Member

Thanks Becky - I guess Im just nervous that I'll do this and get nothing from it and look "stupid" in their eyes. I guess its because a month or so ago, I handed out a few catalogs around town and got nothing from it. So I'll think of this as a new tactic. My town sounds like yours - it is beautiful here, with a very quaint revitalized downtown...lots of neat little shops, sidewalk and roof top cafes, little deli's, riverwalk...so I just need to come up with a flyer - still need ideas if anyone has any - would you use the above text from my website? And yes Becky - I'll definitely mention the client thing. I thought about too - offering $5 off a $50 order before 12/14 to be delivered by Christmas - but how can I offer a discount thru my website if they are paying by credit card? Help!

Nov 9, 2005
  4. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

I don't think you can offer a discount through your website when they pay by credit card. But you could offer a $5 gift certificate when they order $50. This actually might be the way to go...because not eveyone will use their gift certificate!

On the chamber issue...you need to ask yourself what makes it worth it. Do you want orders? Shows? recruits? All three? To get your name in the community? Sit down and make a pro's vs. con's sheet. Then decide!!

Hope this helps!

Nov 10, 2005
  5. PCBeliever

PCBeliever Novice Member

I have heard really good things about the Chamber of Commerce and how supportive they are. I would say go for it, I think I may try to join one when I move this spring.
    Melody

Nov 13, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted