• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Celebrating Lint: Ideas for Hosts and Guests

In summary, the host's guest picked the chili cornbread bake, but the host is celebrating Lent and so are her guests. The recipes Rae mentioned are all good choices for this type of celebration. Catholics are not the only ones who observe Lent, and not everyone has a no-meat rule. There are other Christians who celebrate Lent, and some people abstain from meat altogether on Fridays during Lent.
flemings99
Gold Member
My Fri. host had picked the chili cornbread bake, but is celebrating lint and so are her guest. Ideas on suggestions to give her...

We don't do lint so not sure what all the requirements are.

Thanks.

Could the elusive word be "Lent?" Just wondering.

I thought maybe is was dryer vent cleaning party!!
[sorry] - couldn't resist

Doesn't it depend on what they are giving up for Lent? I don't know if there are any rules as to what they can or can't eat, unless the have given up something specific.

catholics aren't supposed to have any meat other than fish, so i'd just do extra beans instead of the beef, or do the veggie beef, its pretty good.

I think those who observe Lent avoid meat. But fish is okay. That's why fish is advertised a lot during Lent.I think if you just do a meatless recipe, you'll be okay. What I ask the host when we approach the topic of the recipe is, "Is there anyone with a dietary concern (food allergy, vegetarian, celiac disease, religious, etc.) that we need to respect?" Then I work around that. You could give them a meat free recipe and one that's whatever you like to demo and ask if either of those recipes are okay.For this situation, you said she picked the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake, right? She could skip the meat and just double up on the chili beans. Add more bell peppers (maybe red and green), too. There's also "Chili" made by Hormel, (or Dinty Moore, or someone). They actual offer a meat and meat-free version, so you could try using the meat free one.

Last edited:
Lent is no meat. Depending on how strict they are fish is allowed. You could try tofu too...

Catholics aren't the only ones who celebrate Lent, and not everyone has a no-meat rule. Ask the host what a Lent-friendly recipe means to her/him.

our friends 6 year old daughter told the congregation she was giving up beer for her dad for Lent.

Okay just to clarify. We don't give up meat entirely during Lent. We abstain from meat on Fridays and other recognized holy days such as Ash Wednesday, Holy Thursday, etc.
We also choose to abstain from another thing in life that we deem sinful OR instead of abstaining that way, we choose to change one thing in our life for the better.
This year I'm not choosing to abstain from anything. I'm choosing to spend more quality time with my son.

And Rae is correct, there are other Christians that celebrate Lent.

Oh thank you dave, i thought 8 years in catholic school were a waste of time :0

I thought "lint" was a cute name for a recipe, like dump cake or ants on a log.

Bummer!

My dryer has the perfect recipe for lint...take 3 socks and lose them for about a year...as they gently break down with consistent use of the dryer...voila! Lint!

Be advised that some Catholics are under the impression that the "no meat on lenten Fridays" rule means only "no red meat." My aunt insists that poultry is OK because meat comes from animals with 4 legs, not 2. :rolleyes:But I agree with the above suggestion that you check with your host to see what she considers lent-friendly. Or do something that's generally meatless but also avoids rich or indulgent foods (for those who give up such things, like chocolate and dessert). The Creamy One Pot Pasta is actually a great such recipe, since it's meatless, but you can tell the guests that they can add chicken or shrimp when they make it at home.

Nanisu said:
My dryer has the perfect recipe for lint...take 3 socks and lose them for about a year...as they gently break down with consistent use of the dryer...voila! Lint!

Now that's funny.

spinach- artichoke braid is a good choice.

Glad I provided everyone a nice laugh with the lint, I mean lent. :)

Show is this evening and host went with 3 cheese garden pizza.

As always, thanks for all the responses.

Related to Celebrating Lint: Ideas for Hosts and Guests

1. What is "Celebrating Lint" all about?

"Celebrating Lint" is a fun and creative way to incorporate lint into your cooking and hosting experience. It's all about finding unique and unexpected ways to use lint in delicious recipes and festive decorations.

2. How can I host a "Celebrating Lint" party?

Hosting a "Celebrating Lint" party is easy! Simply invite your friends and family over for a night of lint-filled fun. We offer a variety of recipes and decorating ideas to help you plan the perfect party.

3. Do I need any special equipment or ingredients for "Celebrating Lint"?

No, you don't need any special equipment or ingredients for "Celebrating Lint". We encourage you to get creative and use everyday lint from your dryer or lint roller to add some fun and flavor to your dishes.

4. What kind of recipes can I expect to find in "Celebrating Lint: Ideas for Hosts and Guests"?

You'll find a variety of sweet and savory recipes in "Celebrating Lint", including lint-infused cookies, lint-crusted chicken, and even lint garnishes for drinks. We also have tips for using lint in non-food items, such as centerpieces and party favors.

5. Can I purchase the "Celebrating Lint" book through Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can purchase "Celebrating Lint: Ideas for Hosts and Guests" through Pampered Chef. It's a great resource to have on hand for hosting parties or just for getting creative in the kitchen. Plus, a portion of the proceeds goes to a charity that supports sustainability and reducing waste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Angel
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • gussey30