• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Mandoline Recipes - Looking for Ideas!

In summary, the customer would like recipes that use their mandoline, some ideas for those recipes, and also recipes for homemade potato chips.
hoosiergrad802
I have a customer that has asked me for some recipes using her mandoline. Unfortunately, I don't use mine all that often, and have told her some ideas. Does anyone have any great recipes or ideas they can share with me to give to her?

Thanks in advance!:)

3 cheese garden pizza is one I make alot and at home.
Chicken, avacado and grapefruit salad
Any pizza with veggies.
I don't like/use mine much either, but I do love the 3 cheese garden pizza

Homemade potato chips.

Use the crinkle cutter blade to cut potatoes (white, sweet, or both). Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, seasonings. Spread out on bar pan and/or metal sheet pans in a single layer. Bake at 450 until desired level of crispiness.

The Mandoline makes quick work of the potatoes and slices them evenly, which helps them cook evenly.

Hope that helps!

The same as the one posted previous - crinkle cut potatoes. Sprinkle with chipotle seasoning and garlic olive oil - bake until crisp and you have potato chips with kick.

Great idea on the homemade potato chips. Something fun to do with the kids! I know the recipe says to 'bake until desired level of crispness,' but I'm wondering, approximately, how long that would take. Or, perhaps the better question is, what is the approximate minimum time? It would be cool to tell guests (or your kids!!), "You can have fresh potato chips in xx minutes."

Sarah

Scalloped/au gratin potatoes (most general cookbooks, like Betty Crocker or Better Homes and Gardens will have a recipe)
lemons for lemonade (slice 4 lemons into QSP, add 3/4 cup sugar and let sit for 10 minutes. Fill pitcher with water.)
shredded potatoes for hash browns
shredded carrots for salad or slaw

shred carrots for carrot cake, zuccini for zuccini bread---I have the recipes if you want

I don't know the exact time - I NEVER time anything - ooppps.

You can make EVERYTHING that would go on a homemade pizza with the UM!

doing fried squash or onion rings.. :)

babywings76 said:
shred carrots for carrot cake, zuccini for zuccini bread---I have the recipes if you want

I would love these recipes if you're still offering - I'm a bit behind in reading through here. :) Thanks!

Related to Delicious Mandoline Recipes - Looking for Ideas!

1. What is a mandoline and how is it used?

A mandoline is a kitchen tool used for slicing and cutting fruits and vegetables. It typically has an adjustable blade and a flat surface to slide the produce over. To use it, simply adjust the blade to your desired thickness and slide the produce back and forth over the blade.

2. Can a mandoline be used for other types of food besides fruits and vegetables?

Yes, a mandoline can also be used to slice or shred other foods such as cheese, deli meats, and even chocolate. Just make sure to adjust the blade accordingly and use caution when handling the sharp blade.

3. Are there any safety precautions I should follow when using a mandoline?

Yes, it is important to always use the hand guard provided with the mandoline to protect your fingers from the sharp blade. It is also recommended to wear cut-resistant gloves for added protection. Always read the instructions and follow them carefully to avoid any accidents.

4. Can I use a mandoline to make recipes other than just slicing or shredding?

Absolutely! There are many delicious mandoline recipes that go beyond just slicing and shredding. You can use a mandoline to make things like zucchini noodles, cucumber ribbons, and even potato gratin. Get creative and experiment with different types of produce.

5. How do I clean and maintain my mandoline?

To clean your mandoline, disassemble it and wash all parts with warm soapy water. Make sure to dry each part thoroughly before storing. It is also recommended to occasionally oil the blade and other metal parts to prevent rusting. Always refer to the manufacturer's instructions for specific care and maintenance tips.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ktraceyk
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Alicia Messenger
  • hoosiergrad802
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefNic
Replies